Who builds the very BEST Stage 2 Buick Engines?

Try to nail down some sort of time frame and understanding so you do not get discouraged with your project just in case the engine builder takes 2 years to get your engine done. :mad:

When CA$H is talking the 2 years becomes 2 months.

When CA$H is talking the 2 years becomes 2 months.

I have promised and committed time frames of an entire Stage 2 CAR build, not just the engine, but EVERYTHING in 6 months or less from more than one builder. I can live with that time frame.

I have promised and committed time frames of an entire Stage 2 CAR build, not just the engine, but EVERYTHING in 6 months or less from more than one builder. I can live with that time frame.

Good luck, with the power levels you are looking for there are many capable of doing what you ask, but 6 months for a whole car is going to be interesting if they can pull it off. Do you mind letting us know who you end up going with, we will all be watching this one unfold. :)

on t6 board joe is selling a new dls engine complete with stage 2 heads. ready to drop in and go of course it dont come allready tuned. no wating just takes$$$$ good luck.

Good luck, with the power levels you are looking for there are many capable of doing what you ask, but 6 months for a whole car is going to be interesting if they can pull it off. Do you mind letting us know who you end up going with, we will all be watching this one unfold. :)

Of course I will. I have TWO cars so hopefully two builds. I think I might like to do two different shops for each build.

That will be interesting....

Good luck!

I think it would be fun to keep track of how long each shop takes, the quality of all details of the build in comparison with each other, power achieved, etc.....I'm SERIOUSLY trying to resist buying a 3rd car. The madness has to stop at some point I suppose.

you can tell you are still a rookie at this car thing. why you ask? you have not learned that pouring $ & racing these cars don't pay off. LOL:D

Oh no, I don't mean a $ payoff. I mean that feeling of being the baddest in the land at what ever class or goal we choose :cool:

I Personally had early build With Lawrence Conley, but the finish out "tweaking" with Nick and Jan with some assist from Len on the trans, since I moved to Arizona from Texas. They a TOP NOTCH, Period in anyones book with service and turn time. There is No "white Elephant out there, that is just tons better then the others. Either you can build a fast stage car or you cant. I was the same as you, and alot of other guys on this board, we had a budget, where money could be spent, and it didnt matter how much, so long as it was the way I requested it and it was unique and a fast "reliable" Stage 2. But no matter how much money you sink into this project, you can blow things up, with any little thing out of wack. This is not Your Supra engines, that typically handle more power better with their setups. But again are not as 1/4 mile friendly:D Good luck with the build, there are alot of us fast stage 2's out there, with some willing to push them a little harder then others;)

Engine Builds

I seem to be getting the impression that I am some new kid in the buick
world . Just to set the record straight . 1994 I think it was, Pete Bartons
record setting 8.05@3400# winning against Racin Jason's Twin turbo
Duttweiler built Mustang. Lawrance Conley's Tweaked record setting 7.86
in 1995 ,Lawrance Conley's TSE car that had the field covered by 4 tenths.
The first twin turbo BBC in Tweaked 2. The first 109 block in the 9's 1997
with iron heads no less. Numerous wins and records with Joe Lubrants car
which still has the original short block assembly from 1997. Many record
runs with Rich Kibler , they finially had him loaded with so much weight he
couldn't compete any longer. I don't have to claim how many engine I have
built, in the last 30 years (it's well over a thousand) and they were all assembled
with my two hands. But my work has won many circle track championships, several NHRA
victories and various records in other venues. I forgot to mention that we also ran 168.00 mph in 2001 in Jim Byrne's car with a 3 bolt turbo. Obviously Dave Bamford and Ted Achatz. just a few of the highlites of the last 14 years of V6 buicks. Alan Witter winning the NMCA
limited street championship against blown and nitrous V8's, here again they
loaded him up with weight because of the whiners. That's it I'm done here
you can go ahead and bash me all you want but my record speaks for itself.

I seem to be getting the impression that I am some new kid in the buick
world . Just to set the record straight . 1994 I think it was, Pete Bartons
record setting 8.05@3400# winning against Racin Jason's Twin turbo
Duttweiler built Mustang. Lawrance Conley's Tweaked record setting 7.86
in 1995 ,Lawrance Conley's TSE car that had the field covered by 4 tenths.
The first twin turbo BBC in Tweaked 2. The first 109 block in the 9's 1997
with iron heads no less. Numerous wins and records with Joe Lubrants car
which still has the original short block assembly from 1997. Many record
runs with Rich Kibler , they finially had him loaded with so much weight he
couldn't compete any longer. I don't have to claim how many engine I have
built, in the last 30 years (it's well over a thousand) and they were all assembled
with my two hands. But my work has won many circle track championships, several NHRA
victories and various records in other venues. I forgot to mention that we also ran 168.00 mph in 2001 in Jim Byrne's car with a 3 bolt turbo. Obviously Dave Bamford and Ted Achatz. just a few of the highlites of the last 14 years of V6 buicks. Alan Witter winning the NMCA
limited street championship against blown and nitrous V8's, here again they
loaded him up with weight because of the whiners. That's it I'm done here
you can go ahead and bash me all you want but my record speaks for itself.

I haven't gotten that impression at all. To be frank, I'd say the amount of PM's I've gotten are pretty evenly split on the quality of work between yourself, Anderson, and Duttweiler. I'd say you are selling yourself WAY short if you think this community views your work as anything BUT right there with the very best in the business. To a man, everyone I've spoken to has said in no uncertain terms...."Dan is the MAN when it comes to GN engines". I have yet to hear one negative comment about your work in any way shape or form, as a matter of fact, quite the opposite.

Very well put Dan! As soon as you get mine done. There will be another DLS built, stock block, 3rd Year Pro Class Bracket racer. First year DLS built motor. I will keep everyone posted. I can't wait.