Who builds the very BEST Stage 2 Buick Engines?

I'd be more worried about doing business with a company who has a great website but has no records or reputation at the track. Duttweiler, Dan and RPE have reps at the track and in the record books. You can't go wrong with any of them, location would be my deciding factor.

I certainly won't argue with that. :D

It's looking like I need to have a conversation with Dan. :D

And have him build your engine;) A stock block engine he built several years ago was going the speed that everyone is now catching up to.

You want the Best of the Best. I'll say you found him. I learn something new every time I stop in his shop.

Just my opinion.

I'd be more worried about doing business with a company who has a great website but has no records or reputation at the track. Duttweiler, Dan and RPE have reps at the track and in the record books. You can't go wrong with any of them, location would be my deciding factor.
exactly, websites sell to kids, reputations sell themselves by word of mouth.

exactly, websites sell to kids, reputations sell themselves by word of mouth.

Actually we've built multi-million dollar a year grossing business SOLELY off internet traffic, which is pretty much what I do, and what I've done to be able to do this project in the first place. :tongue: That's beside the point, but I'd assume that shops would like to know this from a CUSTOMER perspective. Give me 5 choices, all with equal reputation, and I'll most likely choose the one who best presents his product. There are a LOT of wealthy guys out there who can't even find the information they are looking for and it makes it difficult for us to spend money. My point was, there could be a guy in Boise Idaho who's the best engine builder on earth and unless I was DEEP into the community in which he built engines for, I'd never know who the heck he was, but if he had a nice professional website with customer testimonials, pictures, display of services, etc.....he could be off a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and I could still find him. ;) If it wasn't for THIS website, I wouldn't even know where to start either. ;)

Once again I will say, thank GOD for the members of this site because I wouldn't really know where to start without you guys. :D

Actually we've built multi-million dollar a year grossing business SOLELY off internet traffic, which is pretty much what I do, and what I've done to be able to do this project in the first place. :tongue: That's beside the point, but I'd assume that shops would like to know this from a CUSTOMER perspective. Give me 5 choices, all with equal reputation, and I'll most likely choose the one who best presents his product. There are a LOT of wealthy guys out there who can't even find the information they are looking for and it makes it difficult for us to spend money. My point was, there could be a guy in Boise Idaho who's the best engine builder on earth and unless I was DEEP into the community in which he built engines for, I'd never know who the heck he was, but if he had a nice professional website with customer testimonials, pictures, display of services, etc.....he could be off a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and I could still find him. ;) If it wasn't for THIS website, I wouldn't even know where to start either. ;)

Once again I will say, thank GOD for the members of this site because I wouldn't really know where to start without you guys. :D
I agree with you on this to some point. BUT, these top notch shops that have been mentioned are so covered up in work they probably don't even need more business, than what the word of mouth gives them. (I may have worded that wrong , but you understand my point)

DLS, RPE, Anderson Performance have proven themselves in heads up competition. I would not make a decision based on a 1000hp S2 engine thrown in a potato chip throwing down a number here and there. I also agree with Kiblers comment about Dynos and proving it on the track. :cool:

So the general consensus is go DLS, Duttweiler, or RPE if you want the best, and stick with one of those three? Would I be accurate to say this?

I agree....

on the aforementioned builders. Duttweiler was one of the pioneers and since he's close to you geographically, check him out. Dan (DLS) is deeply involved in the Buick community and has built a winning reputation for powerful motors.

I understand and share your same thoughts on websites and the ability to sell to the public and grab their attention. Unfortunately, that doesn't translate 1 for 1 in the Buick community. Like you mentioned, it's such a niche market, that word of mouth and bulletin boards are all that's needed to promote a product and or service.

I was wondering when you'd come to this section of the board considering the HP the rest of your stable is churning out. Considering there doesn't seem to be a price ceiling on any of your rides, you may want to look into having a T/A all aluminum stage motor built.

Welcome to the board and whatever route you decide to take, please keep the rest of us updated with progress pictures as I'm sure this will be one incredible ride.

So the general consensus is go DLS, Duttweiler, or RPE if you want the best, and stick with one of those three? Would I be accurate to say this?

Ok so you have read what we wrote Yes Pick one!

Or just find a web site you like and tell them you have 20k to spend and I bet they can give you a 1500hp V6 One of the kind never before never again built motor. Oh ya before I for get that was on a DYNO (good luck at the track with it).Web sites are for people that have more time to punch keys then being in the shop building BAD ASS MOTORS
:eek:

on the aforementioned builders. Duttweiler was one of the pioneers and since he's close to you geographically, check him out. Dan (DLS) is deeply involved in the Buick community and has built a winning reputation for powerful motors.

I understand and share your same thoughts on websites and the ability to sell to the public and grab their attention. Unfortunately, that doesn't translate 1 for 1 in the Buick community. Like you mentioned, it's such a niche market, that word of mouth and bulletin boards are all that's needed to promote a product and or service.

I was wondering when you'd come to this section of the board considering the HP the rest of your stable is churning out. Considering there doesn't seem to be a price ceiling on any of your rides, you may want to look into having a T/A all aluminum stage motor built.

Welcome to the board and whatever route you decide to take, please keep the rest of us updated with progress pictures as I'm sure this will be one incredible ride.

I most definitely am going with the TA aluminum Stage 2. No question about that. Thanks for the welcome, and I simply want to make sure I have the very best build this car. I chose Heffner Performance for the Lamborghini. I chose Sound Performance for my Supra, and I want to make sure I choose someone just as highly regarded and proven for my Grand Nationals. :)

Ok so you have read what we wrote Yes Pick one!

Or just find a web site you like and tell them you have 20k to spend and I bet they can give you a 1500hp V6 One of the kind never before never again built motor. Oh ya before I for get that was on a DYNO (good luck at the track with it).Web sites are for people that have more time to punch keys then being in the shop building BAD ASS MOTORS
:eek:

Don't know about you but when I'm going to do a full car build at $50,000 I don't just "pick one" without some pretty extensive research. :tongue: Also, the dyno video and graph are VITAL to why I'm building all these cars. They are vehicles, no pun intended, for a major multimedia project I am directly involved in. It's not a simple choice of "just pick one". They need to display well, perform well, and have the numbers to back up everything. If I was building a race car to take to the track each weekend, I'd care only about the ET. That's not the case at all in this circumstance. We have MUCH bigger plans for all of these cars.

DLS or Anderson or just about anyone mentioned can give the motor you want... Several of them have made 1500+hp with Stage II builds! PM me some details of what you are doing I may be able to help:wink: