Who builds the very BEST Stage 2 Buick Engines?

VegasSE

Cost not a factor, who builds the best of the best? Excuse the questions please. I'm not new to cars, but I AM new to turbo Buicks, so I'm relying on the expertise of the community to steer me in the right direction. The cost of the engine is not my first priority. Building a streetable 1000+rwhp engine with some level of reliability is. If you could have anyone build you this engine, cost not a factor, who would it be, and how do I contact them? Thanks.

3 people come into mind-Ken Duttweiller in Calif, Dan strezo in Indiana, Bobbie @ RPE in Hartford conn,also Nick Micale in Arizona. cant go wrong with any of them.

3 people come into mind-Ken Duttweiller in Calif, Dan strezo in Indiana, Bobbie @ RPE in Hartford conn,also Nick Micale in Arizona. cant go wrong with any of them.

I've already spoken with Nick who seems like a fantastic guy. I tried to contact Anderson Performance, but nobody called me back so I guess they aren't THAT interested in a 50k build, their loss. I know a lot of the guys use RPE up in the East and I really can't seem to find any site or quality info on Duttweiller. Obviously I know who he is but I'd like to see a site, cars, etc.....and I cannot seem to find any collection of organized info in one place.

I realize there are probably a lot of guys who are really good, but all I care about is who is the VERY BEST. Track proven, street proven, dyno proven, reliability proven. Who is considered the very very best?

DSL:)
Im pretty sure Dan has been building Buick stage motors sense Buick motorsports started making them. He worked at a shop that built them for ARCA cars for years (And won Championships)during the development:eek: If i didnt build my own motors it would be Dan for sure...
Gene Fleury

Dan at DLS built my latest S2 engine and it did everything it was advertised to do and more, set the TSO record and won the race even though I cut a HORRIBLE light in the finals also.;) Dan can and will help you with the component selection to compliment the engine. He will not steer you wrong. He is at home with BIG HP S2 engines and his shop if full of them.

I consider Dan the BEST in the business. Reliability is second to none.

stage 2 motor

If i were you i would give Ken Duttweiler a call at 805-659-3648 he is like the Godfather of turbo cars and there are alot of articles on him building extreme engines in HotRod magazines and my favorite GM High Tech. Just type in Duttweiler buick v6 and i am sure you will find something.

I don't think you can go wrong with anybody mentioned.
If you are located in Vegas you should drive to Duttweiler's
shop before you make a decision. I think he operation, specifically
his dyno room will give you an idea of what he can do for you.

PM me if you have any questions.

Sounds like you should have just bought a nice Stage car,instead of the long road ahead,best of luck...:smile:

Sounds like you should have just bought a nice Stage car,instead of the long road ahead,best of luck...:smile:

I don't like buying a car that has been raced or beat on. In my experience you are just asking to buy into problems. I'd rather have it done perfectly the first time and KNOW how the car was treated and taken care of from day one.

I don't think you can go wrong with anybody mentioned.
If you are located in Vegas you should drive to Duttweiler's
shop before you make a decision. I think he operation, specifically
his dyno room will give you an idea of what he can do for you.

PM me if you have any questions.

Duttweiler does not put much up about what he does but he is a no nonsense guy and he builds very good powerplants.

I agree with John, take the trip down to his shop and you will be very impressed with all of the projects you will find at his shop.

You indicated you want the best and only want to do it once, he is the man to go see. There are others as mentioned above that can do it too. Based on your location though it is well worth it to have your engine builder close by relatively speaking.

John Gallina lives in Vegas, so does Len Freeman you can go talk to them first before you drive down to Saticoy.

Hope this helps

Duttweiler does not put much up about what he does but he is a no nonsense guy and he builds very good powerplants.

I agree with John, take the trip down to his shop and you will be very impressed with all of the projects you will find at his shop.

You indicated you want the best and only want to do it once, he is the man to go see. There are others as mentioned above that can do it too. Based on your location though it is well worth it to have your engine builder close by relatively speaking.

John Gallina lives in Vegas, so does Len Freeman you can go talk to them first before you drive down to Saticoy.

Hope this helps

I have heard of Gallina/Freeman, but again, no decent collection of data or informational website. Some of these people really need to get some quality websites up so prospective customers know what they are getting into. Honestly, without advice from the community, you would never know where to FIND some of these guys.

I have heard of Gallina/Freeman, but again, no decent collection of data or informational website. Some of these people really need to get some quality websites up so prospective customers know what they are getting into. Honestly, without advice from the community, you would never know where to FIND some of these guys.

Most of these guys are busy building engines and don't have a lot of time to spend on the internet. We have been doing business with
Dan for a while now and he is a straight shooter. He won't put something in your car he does not believe in. First rate in all phases of engine building.

Good luck with your build.

I'll give some info Call Dan he can do it better than anyone else. And when you are done with it playing around call me I will buy it from you. I wish I still had mine he did for me. He has done 4 motors for me. Oh the Dyno don't tell the tale you have to prove it on the track

Attachments

• motor pic.jpg
    motor pic.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,191

Pretty websites don't build quality motors and cars

Reputations DO !!!!!:D

Call DAN at DLS ;)

Pretty websites don't build quality motors and cars

Reputations DO !!!!!:D

Call DAN at DLS ;)

Thank you for the feedback gentlemen. :D

As for the need for decent websites, I'm not ripping on anyone, I'm giving feedback from a potential customer perspective. A nicely organized website with info, pictures, customer cars, testimonials, description of services, etc......would help me as a CUSTOMER immensely. Without you guys, I simply wouldn't know where to turn. I just wish it was a little EASIER to spend money with someone, that's all. ;) Thank God for the knowledgeable members of this forum or I would be lost. :smile:

I'd be more worried about doing business with a company who has a great website but has no records or reputation at the track. Duttweiler, Dan and RPE have reps at the track and in the record books. You can't go wrong with any of them, location would be my deciding factor.