Whats the most memorable comment about your TR...

More Boost! I laughed my a$$ off when I saw your profile about the headgasket. That is awesome :D

I have a few.. "Nice GNX" ( regular GN )

"Man i dunno what im lookin' at, but it sure is cool lookin' "

"I aint seen one of those before in a long time"

" Lemme hear it..." (uhh..it has full exhaust)

and..

This happened tonight..

Our friend Andre with a white 87 Turbo T-type, is out at the local "illegal speed contest" this evening and was telling us about the event. One of our friends owns a black 02 SS SLP Camaro. Basicly stock, just the normal air flow goodies and ET DR's. The rival is a Mustang owner from town with a gutted, 12:1 383 with the baby bottle where the passenger seat was. Also C116 came into play with this Pony. Our SS friend is on pump gas. Now. this street race is to determine who has the fastest " street tire, street car " between these two. The race is a chase and the SS has to pay up. After the mustangs nuts began to swell a bit, he turned to our friend Andre, which his car was not there at the event, (but runs low 11's on pump gas) and proceeds to tell him his car isnt all that. SO Andre quickly tell him, OK. If you want an honest run with me, drain your C116, run 93 octane, lets DRIVE our STREET cars 100 miles to the track and race there. So the Mustang owner says " #$%^$@ you! You know I cant run pump gas. or drive this car that far! Andre says, So what do we have to talk about? Isnt this what STREET CARS are all about? Buy a TR.

After showing a young driver of a rat powered uncapped 68 nova my tail lights with a low 10 sec. pass, he walks over to my pit area with his dad. I hear his dad say " see I told you it was a six ".

Slowly passing opposite direction traffic on busy downtown street. Young dude goes Buggy-eyed as we near. He stutters out "That thing is F@#%^*G
Sick! My son told me later that that was a good thing!

A couple of years ago I was driving down the highway, just cruising along and a mid 40's grey haired guy comes flying up behind me. He's driving one of those AWD twin turbo Porsches. Probably goes for over $100K. He does the changing lanes thing and drives around me just gawking for about five miles, all the while we're picking up speed. Finally, he pulls up next to me and asks if I wanna run. I said "Sure, why not, but not from a 100mph roll." We slow down to about 50mph and he gives me the jump. I'd like to say that I walked him but I cannot lie to you. I will say that I stayed right with him till about 120mph. I would say that what he got for his extra $100K probably wasn't worth it. After he slowed down, he pulled up next to me again and nodded and gave the thumbs up. Just shows you that these cars get respect.

While getting my GN inspected one of the guys stated "That thing would fly it you put a supercharger on it" :rolleyes:

At a car show...
A guy comes up tp me and says, it's nice, but you shoulda got the gnx, it had twin turbos and was a lot cheaper because it wasn't really street legal.

At the track:
Two young guys come up to my car. i hear them whispering to each other in french while looking under the hood, then one looks at me and says " dis car very faster den our hintegra, but only because is more 'eavy!!" (thick french accent)

About ten years ago, I was cruising Bowling Green during the Nats with my buddy Engie Bauza. We came up next to a a brand new white Corvette and absolutely CRUSHED him twice from a roll. When he pulled up next to me a red light, I asked if he wanted to do it again, for real. He and his buddy were laughing and he said "Hell NO! I can't keep up with THAT!!" I still smile when I think about it.

Comment from my teacher

I was looking at pics of my new car in my DGA class when my teacher comes over and says "Wow looks like my husbands old monte carlo." And i say "It's far from that...its turbo regal." After we had a brief discussion about the car she says what engine is in it. After i tell her its a v6 with a turbo and that her husbands stock monte wouldn't stand a chance she laughed and she goes...biggers better. I give a friendly laugh and ask her to tell her husband to run me :) She goes maybe.... ;)

The best comment about my car has got to be the time when I took 4 of my friends for a quick highway run. Now you have to know that everyone in my town talks about this turbo-charged AWD eclipse in the town over. Some kid by the name of AJ who runs 27psi on the street or somethin crazy like that. Everybody praises the freakin thing becasue its stupid fast they say. Well anyway Im on the on-ramp doing about 40mph and give it about 3/4 throttle. In a few seconds Im at 115 and let off.

Friend - "hey Mike"

Me-"Yea"

Friend- "You know that kid AJ"

Me- "yea. Why?"

Friend- "well. He took me for a ride in his car..."

Me- "and..."

Friend- "his felt nothing like that and he was runnning over 20 pounds. Ur only running 15!. This is the fastest car I've ever riden in!"

Hopefully when I get alky and upgrade to a TE61 or somethin bigger. I can make one of my friends sh1t themselves when I turn the boost up to 20+ :biggrin:

I have had a bunch.

While taking someone for a ride in my car...

"This thing makes me dizzy when you nail it"

"This thing makes me sick to my stomach"

and then there is the opposite.

"This thing doesn't feel fast."

the best one was last week at the midnight street drags in my old man's GN.
I over hear these two girls gigling and snickering "That is that black car that wants to race my boyfriends bullet bike. Can you believe that? ...lol ha ha"

then i proceded to run a 10.89 to his 12.30

he looked like someone punched him in the stomach when he was looking under the hood after the race.

I had straight pipes on my 84T for a while. Once, when going for emissions inspection here in MA, the inspector said "you probably won't pass emissions without mufflers on that car". :rolleyes:

What kind of motor was in that car? ive never seen a car acclerate so fast in my life ..............................Said by a S.C.P.D officer to me as i sat handcuffed in his car , after drunkenly shooting out a stop light with a rem 870 shot gun and trying to to out run him after he pulled to the ajacent light , which was going well until hitting a telephone poll , that was a few years ago im much milder now . Please dont drink and drive :)

galoush said:
What kind of motor was in that car? ive never seen a car acclerate so fast in my life ..............................Said by a S.C.P.D officer to me as i sat handcuffed in his car , after drunkenly shooting out a stop light with a rem 870 shot gun and trying to to out run him after he pulled to the ajacent light , which was going well until hitting a telephone poll , that was a few years ago im much milder now . Please dont drink and drive :)

I had to laugh lol

Guy at the gas station

"Is that the one that came with 3 shifters?"

2 kids in an Acura something Type S after they caught up

"That thing is Sick. Just Sick"

A guy in a real nice Coronet pulls up next to me at the car wash with his teen looking son. The sons spends a few minutes sneaking glances at my car and goes over to dad and whispers something while nodding my way. Dad looks over and with a smile shakes his head. The kid looked kind of bummed. The only word I caught out of the whole exchange was " turbo" :D

I had a guy once tell me one of our GNs was nothing but a regal painted black with some badges. :rolleyes: I said ya I know but it sure does look pretty, & proceded to roast the tires for about 300+' (c116, 30 psi, no powerbrake) :cool:

My better half was driving my Turbo-T to pick me up some parts for her Regal (an 81 Limited) When she gets home she tells me some guy pulled up next to her and asked why she was trying to make her car look like a Grand National. Then she tells him "A Turbo-T, this car here, is the same thing as a Grand National with the only differance being that you could get them in other colors besides black and that they came with differant wheels." :biggrin:

At the local hangout one night I got the SS thing. The guy was quickly corrected by someone else. "That's a GN you moron!" I said, "Actually it's a Turbo T." When we got to the local "track" I heard someone yell in the darkness, "Does someone want to run this International over here?" Man I was rolling.

Another good one was with my old Skylark. I walked back from the concession stand at the track and found a man in his mid 40's or so explaining to his teenage son that "This particular Chevelle was manufactured in Canada. That is why the grill and tail lights look different. That's also why it says GS instead of SS." The Canadian cars were labeled GS. I just shook my head and didn't even try to explain.

streetknight said:
At the local hangout one night I got the SS thing. The guy was quickly corrected by someone else. "That's a GN you moron!" I said, "Actually it's a Turbo T." When we got to the local "track" I heard someone yell in the darkness, "Does someone want to run this International over here?" Man I was rolling.

Another good one was with my old Skylark. I walked back from the concession stand at the track and found a man in his mid 40's or so explaining to his teenage son that "This particular Chevelle was manufactured in Canada. That is why the grill and tail lights look different. That's also why it says GS instead of SS." The Canadian cars were labeled GS. I just shook my head and didn't even try to explain.

I think perhaps he was confusing your car with the Pontiac Beaumont. Part Poncho, part Chevy. Made in Canada. Or he's an idiot. :rolleyes:

Tech guy at Richmond dragway.

"You gota be able to run in the 12's to run in this class, you SURE that car can run 12's?"

LOL.