Whats the most memorable comment about your TR...

On a city street if front of some friends and a few strangers i hold the brake and roll the throttle. As boost starts building i let off the brake and proceed to do the best street launch i've ever done. Later one of my friends says some guy standing there says. "Damn! That car got real small really fast"

Had a couple of things last year. Won a best of show trophy at a local show. Came down to two trophies left and was hoping NOT to get the best of show one. Felt the daggers in my back when I got it.

Also got a trophy at the Mark's Auto Parts cruise, they give out around 5-6 trophies at their weekly cruise and there were 900 cars there that nite.:smile:

Had a good one last nite, got off I-91 to take a run. This is a long exit about a mile long and I run all the way down it to make sure there are no troopers camped out. Turn around and pull off to wait for all traffic to clear and then go for it. Well, getting off the exit just tooling along and a freaking possum decides to cross the road. Quickest lane change I ever did in the GN. With a low car there is no driving over animals only THRU them. Luckily I missed him.

Figured that was a good omen, what would be the chance of an animal running out on the return road? Did my first hard run with the new PTC converter. Sort of a waste, easily built boost to 11 lbs and let it rip, the power logger file is pretty funny as the car was just doing a burnout for the longest time at 22 lbs of boost until it finally hooked up. Got to go back and look at the marks today.:)

A couple weeks ago I'm waiting in front of the bank in my GN while my Dad is inside. An older gentleman tells me nice car and I'm too young to be driving it (and I'm no spring chicken)... as my dad walks out he tells my dad he should be driving my GN :eek:

It turns out he has a '53 Skylark, so my dad tells him about is '71 Riviera and we b.s.'ed about old buicks for awhile :)

Pete

got a few:mad::mad: acutally ALOT

Nice car Romone... Fix it up and it will be worth money..

Sell this POS, ill give you 300 bucks

You dont know anything about your car

F**K your car

This raggedy MothaF***a.... broke down with me in it..

Throw in the towel dammit

Ill trade you for my cutlass supreme...

Ive got ALOT more, but they get worse and worse...

They involved things I can't speak of on the interent:biggrin:

Was in the gas station filling up when the old fellow next to me comes over and asks if the car was for sale. I said no. He comes back a minute or two later and asks, if it was for sale what would you have to have for it. I said you don't have enough money. He looks a little pissed and says I have three car lots and enough money to buy anything I want. I looked at him and smiled and said you don't understand. The car is not for sale for any amount. I've had it since it was new and it's part of my family. He says I understand now and smiled.

A local high end car builder/drag racer saw mine at a show and commented to a mutual friend of our a week later " Did you see that GN at the show? That car is sick, its the coolest car I have seen in a long time!" My buddy passed that back to me and I smiled a little. ;)

Was in the gas station filling up when the old fellow next to me comes over and asks if the car was for sale. I said no. He comes back a minute or two later and asks, if it was for sale what would you have to have for it. I said you don't have enough money. He looks a little pissed and says I have three car lots and enough money to buy anything I want. I looked at him and smiled and said you don't understand. The car is not for sale for any amount. I've had it since it was new and it's part of my family. He says I understand now and smiled.

Ah the famous meeting of two fools. One for offering whatever and the other for not taking whatever...... I under stand but it drives me crazy....

Ah the famous meeting of two fools. One for offering whatever and the other for not taking whatever...... I under stand but it drives me crazy....
lol.... was thinken the same. EVERYTHING is for sale.;)

I always avoid any eye contact at filling stations, you never know what kind of "experts" you're gonna run into. :eek::p

Last year I cruise into a Sunoco in Wallingford, CT and just get the door shut on salvageV6 and was making sure nothing fell off when closing it, and this guy runs over and says, " Nice car, does the Turbo still work on it?" :eek:

I was speechless and did my best WTF face and said yeah it does, and pumped my gas shaking my head. :confused:

I can almost understand the nice car I guess that was for what it once was :biggrin: but does the turbo still work? :confused:

It was running when I drove into the gas station. :wink:

I also like how some people don't believe you fill up the car from the back, I wonder what they'd do if they saw a '56 Chevy fill up. :biggrin:

I was at the speedway by my house a few years ago walking out to my car and this BADD lil brunette walks up to me and says "is that your car" i reply "yup" she says "do you know ur driving the fastest car made in the us in 1987?" i reply" :eek: :eek: :eek: wow im suprised you know that" Shes like yea i love grand nationals as she walks away ... She caught me so off guard i didnt try to ask for her ph# or anything i was standing there in disbelief lmao...

Shes like yea i love grand nationals as she walks away ... She caught me so off guard i didnt try to ask for her ph# or anything i was standing there in disbelief lmao...

OMG you let your future wife walk away from you!!! You're gonna catch a a lot of "Damn, I woulda's" for that one...what a cool chick.

Well...I dont have a GN (I'm right on the verge of buying my first) but I still have GN stories somehow. Check this out...after a deal on a GN I really wanted fell through, I needed a car cause I had sold mine to buy the Buick. Since I was car-less, I bought a Honda Prelude for sale here to beat around in until I got another GN lined up (you NEVER see them here in Cali.)

As I take the car around to the local import shops to get the car looked over, I strike up a few convo's with the tuner guys about the GN "I almost had"...here's what I heard back (keep in mind these are mostly young asian import tuner kids.)

"Holy ****...why did you get this POS when you coulda had a GN?"

"Those cars are f***in legendary."

"How could you POSSIBLY afford one of those?"

And my favorite, my 25-yr-old asian neighbor explaining to my wife my obsession as he's looking around under the hood of the Honda...

"No, you dont understand...at a show, I dont care what kind of cars are there, imports, exotics, muscle, whatever...when a Grand National rolls up, its stops the M****r F*****n show!"

Ill be "in black" soon. ;)

had a guy back up yesterday against traffic to tell me Just wanted to let you know that thing is beautiful lol made me feel good. The one I remember the most is one night at the track I had made a run earlier off the trans break, snatched the tires up pretty good. After a cool down I came to make another pass and my wife was filming it. Got the burn out down to heat the slicks and pulled up to the line locking the trans break back in when the guy in the tower booms out " Here is that bad black monte carlo ! ' You could hear my wife on the film say I KNOW he didn't just say that !!!!!! I still get a laugh everytime I watch it ! Daniel

Ooooooh Weeeeee Yo' Cutluss is TIGHT!!!!!

I got that from the girl working the drive thru at Wendy's. I said thanks.:D

At a local car meet with a couple buddies. We were just about the only muscle cars there...import infested!!! Anyways after I park and get off my STOCK HOTAIR GN:eek: A guy approaches me and says "I'll race you for pinks" I reply back "Well what are you in?" He points to a bike on the back of some truck...didnt look stock at all! I give em a smurk and think to myself..this guy cant be serious! It was talk of the night and had us laughing the whole time!:biggrin: It did make me feel cool:cool: because he knew Grand Nationals were a pretty big deal! Just not my slow hotair!:smile: