Whats the most memorable comment about your TR...

I think it has to be the fear people have of the GNs. On the street or the strip they usually demand respect! :cool:

After running past a ricer at about 18psi he caught up and yelled over "That thing sounds like a f%^&*in jet airplane". I could only smile and laugh, best comment I've had in the car. ;)

John, I like the way you've mounted your Scanmaster on the steering column. Would you mind posting a closeup picture of that mount set up.

Jack Evers said:
John, I like the way you've mounted your Scanmaster on the steering column. Would you mind posting a closeup picture of that mount set up.

Looks like it's just sitting there with some velcro. :cool:

Jack Evers said:

I don't have any closer shots, but it's just attached with a patch of felcro, and run the wire right along the column to under the dash. It's a good location for monitoring at speed.

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 659
You know you're a redneck when........a guy walks into my store and says "I really need that car of yours." (87'GN) I said,"oh really why is that?" He said, "Id like to knock the windows out of it, put a small block in it, and make a dirt tracker out of it." Give me a break!!! R.B.

I was coming through the back gate to get on base and go to work. The Security Forces airman checks my I.D. and says "wow thats a nice SS". Before i could say anything to him the other S.F. troop comes out of the gate shack slaps him in the back of the head and said"It's not an SS dumb @$$ its a buick and a very fast one at that". I just smiled and went to work. Harry

you guys have got some good ones!

after beating a 240sx i was asked "why would you put a turbo on that?!?!?!"

minutes after washing my car i made a left turn and accidently ;) went a little sideways with a cop coming right up infront of me. so he pulls me over and asked me why i pulled out infront of that person coming. (there was no one behind me for as far as i could see) so he takes my info, comes back and telles me tires are expensive and hes glad some people get their moneys worth out of them. told me i had a nice car, to be carefull and let me go.

and about 1,000 monte things. nice monte, i didn't know they had a vinal roof on a monte, i didn't know they made a green monte, you should have got a 305......... :rolleyes:

At a car show at Lake Tahoe. My GN and my friends '70 Rebel Machine. Two guys walking by, one wants to look at the cars. Other guy says why, one is a Rambler and the other one has a six.

A few TTA comments I've gotten:

A (blonde) woman in the DMV parking lot, first day I got the car, as I was sticking the temp tag in the window: "Wow! Did you really race that in the Indy 500?" :rolleyes:

Pulling out of a parking lot one day, a 6 or 7 year old boy with his mom points at my car and says, "Look mommy, a race car!" Something about the way he said it.. just made my day. :cool:

And this gem, just happened to me yesterday as I got home from work and pulled it into the garage. A couple of teens were walking down my street and one yells out to me, "Hey! Does your car have NAWS?" :eek: I was so dumbfounded, I had to ask "What?!" So he repeats the question. I was speechless..

ALXTTA 1 said:
And this gem, just happened to me yesterday as I got home from work and pulled it into the garage. A couple of teens were walking down my street and one yells out to me, "Hey! Does your car have NAWS?" :eek: I was so dumbfounded, I had to ask "What?!" So he repeats the question. I was speechless..
you should have replied "what is naws" to see if he could tell you what it was. ;)

"How much did you pay for the turbo kit?"

Wheres the blow off valve....I have one on my car, you need one on your car."

And my favorite one
" ta49 turbo, thats Big!.."

I've gotten the standard comments just don't feel like repeating. hehe.

The funniest one was a compliment. Me and a friend('85 monte carloSS) were chilling, talking about cars then some guy starts braggin bout his built 350(carb.) and how its soooo much faster than my car ( mind you at the time my engine was at conley's getting built :D ). after trying to tell him that the v6 is not to be made fun of my friend breaks in and simply says "if you want to beat him when his engine gets out, just make sure you have a Big block and spray!" hehe
I love my friends :D! After that the guy shut up and thought about what he said. Don't know if its true, but it sure scared the hell outa that lil kid.

ledzeppac said:
I like this one... "Is your car fixed yet?" :( :rolleyes: :mad: :(
I have heard that one for the past year. My family visits and asks "Where is that car you spent all that money on?"
I almost forgot what color is was. :(

Yeah at least mine drives.

Daily driver... jsut don't ask me to race the UPS truck next to me becuase I'll lose.

Last week while I was getting gas, some guy asked me what it was. He told me he never saw one before. He didn't even know they made GNs. :D

Attachments

• parts 4 sale 008.jpg
    parts 4 sale 008.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 521
I Got a Couple... and the usual Monte SS Crap....

Driving to the track one afternoon... stopped at a light the dude motions me to roll the window down...(A/C running :D ) so he points his wife and says hey man she wants your car!!, now this chick was a good looking blonde...
so I quickly replied... Sure but I come with it... the best part is she starts to smile and her hubby looks over and she goes straight faced... thank god the light turned and I missed the whole Domestic thing...lol

This just happened yesterday...
I stopped into a shop I do part time work for (I'm a Mechanic) and one of the Drivers has been bugging me to take him for a ride... he loves the look, the sound and the concept of turbo charging... so I agreed to take him on a little blast...well a blast to about 90 mph with 15 psi this guy is squeezing the door pad and the seat belt screaming Oh my F**King God.... when does this thing stop pulling so hard.... to top it off we get back to the shop and he is on his cell phone calling about three people to tell them he had a ride in a Real Grand National.... pretty funny stuff...lol

and believe it or not I have seen a burnout in a patrol car....

Later

A recent comment reminded me to resurrect this thread; "Yeah, they were fast in thier day, but now a days a minivan could beat one." :rolleyes: And I'm pretty sure this was a general statement not referring to any particular minivan.LOL

~20 year old blonde girl- "is that yours?"
me- "yeah"
her - "i like it... it's cute"

GN's are 'cute' :confused: :D