Whats the most memorable comment about your TR...

#1. On the rare occasion I will take the car to a car show. While at a show a very attractive woman comes up and asked to sit in the car. How could I say no? She was hot! She gets in and sits in it for a minute or two and has her friend take her picture in it. She gets out and thanks me and said she may have left a wet spot. Wow!

#2. While the wife and I was out for a cruise she wanted to stop at the grocery store before going home, so I pull up to the entrance and waited there for her. A kid in his early 20's comes up and said nice car and asked about the engine. After I told him it was a 3.8 turbo he told me he could get me a 350 to put in it. I let him know that slowing the car down wasn't in my future plans.

#3. Lady at the gas station--- nice Monte
Me---- It's a Buick
Her---- I didn't know Buick made Monte Carlos

#4. This one was my favorite. Well maybe a tie with the hottie.
Heading to a cruise in with my buddy who was driving his 2011 Camaro ss when we get stopped at a light with open road ahead we bothe nail it and I pull on him a little but he made it back up to me. Then we stop at the next light and a suv pulls up in the third lane and a guy hangs out the drivers door and said in a very feminine way "tha vee thix thpanked him". My wife's cousin and I about pissed ourselves.

I was at the shop yesterday doing AN trans & oil cooler lines on the GN and we had three other TRs in there as well. It was like Buick Day all over again..:cool:

Anyway, the guys in the last unit of the building are old school musclecar guys. Good people still.

My buddy was working on a high RPM miss issue on a well built T. We found the coil was bad and the module was melted. New coil & module and the car is a ANIMAL!! The other guys came out to the road and watched as my buddy made test passes out on the road. Car broke the 325/50 MT DRs loose... going uphill! They couldnt believe an old V6 could move that fast that quickly. And this car sounds like a locomotive on the street lol.

Then when I was back under my car, the younger one came under the lift and was checking out the trans pan and rear suspension work. He seemed impressed. Didnt really know what he was looking at, but still.

Kinda made my day.

While I was in Cuba (IA w/Navy) my younger brother asked if he could take his girlfriend to prom in my WH1. I know not a lot of teenagers like these cars but he said "because it's COOL!"

I got his GF on the phone and she promised not to let him race it! lol

After owning my GN since August of 07 I finally have been added to the "nice Monte Carlo" club, just last night.

My wife went out with her friends one night and she asked me to pick her up from the bar. I was waiting in the parking lot and some drunk ding-a-ling comes out to have a smoke and proceeds to tell me that I should put a well built 350 in my car because 6 cylinders suck. Sometimes I actually like to argue with d-bags but I just smiled and agreed with him.

My favorite lines are from people who take a ride with me in my car...A buddy of mine was out with me one night. I came upon a 5.7 GTO, well after I passed the GTO (tires spinning) he looks over at me with a scared/surprised look on his face and the only thing he said was "holy $h!t". Later when he was telling another friend of ours about the butt whooping I gave the GTO, he said all he could do during my brief WOT blast was hit the air break and look for the Jesus-handle. :eek: :biggrin:

My wife has been in my GN only a couple of times and once I opened it up for about 3 seconds. She looked at me very seriously and said "don't ever do that again while I'm in the car". That one makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Last year I went into an auto zone to pick up some spark plugs. I walked to the counter, the guy asks "what can I get for ya?" "I just need some spark plugs" "k, what kind of car?" "86 Grand National" guy looks confused..."is that a van?" "can I just get 6 R43TS' please" I didn't even want to take the time to correct him...what was worse is my car was parked right by the door!

#1. On the rare occasion I will take the car to a car show. While at a show a very attractive woman comes up and asked to sit in the car. How could I say no? She was hot! She gets in and sits in it for a minute or two and has her friend take her picture in it. She gets out and thanks me and said she may have left a wet spot. Wow!

Did you get pictures of her too?

i wish i had got some pictures but I imagine if I had the outcome would have been a ugly divorce. The funniest part is my wife doesn't like the car and says that only guys like it. I can't tell her about that story though.

Typical Monte nonsense aside, one thing my car has been referred-to, worth remembering, was "That thing is satan's black vacuum cleaner with shark teeth."

this local racer, with is gutted, featherweight (around 2500 lbs) 87 thunderbird with a three-ninety-something sbf cranks out a 10.15 in the quarter, and proceeds to strut around like the **** of the walk, because he went .05 faster than my 3200lb gn, the one in my sig, stok block. so on the next pass, i give the controller another 2lbs boost(up to around 22), and pull off a 9.95. i say to him, "THATS how u do it! to which he naturally replies, "take off the turbo, THEN we'll see!" i asked him, "did your car come with 8 cylinders?" him: "yes." Me: "ok, so wouldn't i sound pretty effin' stupid if i asked you to unplug 2 cyls?" him: yeah, but the v8 was factory equipment" me: "well, the turbo was factory equipment, as was the block, crank, heads, intake, and throttle body. can you say the same??" he was pretty wuiett after that.. I'm now in the process of droppin in a 274", 690-horse NA stage 2, just to show him buick can do it either way.

Highschool kids walking by my house:
"Damn that thing does wheelies huh!?"

Guy at gas station:
"wanna trade for a El Camino with Fresh paint and 22" irocs??"

Girl I used to date:
"You car is just like you, it farts every 10 seconds."

OK, some posts and threads should just be allowed to die off. But THIS thread isn't one of them. LOT'S of cool posts here and perhaps some of the newer members would like to share or perhaps just check out some of the older posts. For me, the most memorable comment would be from a guy in a 67 Chevelle that was parked next to me at a cruise night. I had my nice dark maroon 87 T and it was getting a lot of attention, comments and questions the whole night. Finally the guy in the Chevelle (which was a beautiful blue SS) came up to me and asked why so many people were interested in my 'run of the mill' monte carlo. I explained to him what the car was, and what I had done to it to run easy 12.0s at the time and he just wouldn't believe that it ran that, until I showed him the hand full of time slips I had in my glove box. He just looked at me and walked away. Never saw him again after that night...........

Attachments

• IM000214.jpg
    IM000214.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 95
OK, some posts and threads should just be allowed to die off. But THIS thread isn't one of them. LOT'S of cool posts here and perhaps some of the newer members would like to share or perhaps just check out some of the older posts. For me, the most memorable comment would be from a guy in a 67 Chevelle that was parked next to me at a cruise night. I had my nice dark maroon 87 T and it was getting a lot of attention, comments and questions the whole night. Finally the guy in the Chevelle (which was a beautiful blue SS) came up to me and asked why so many people were interested in my 'run of the mill' monte carlo. I explained to him what the car was, and what I had done to it to run easy 12.0s at the time and he just wouldn't believe that it ran that, until I showed him the hand full of time slips I had in my glove box. He just looked at me and walked away. Never saw him again after that night...........

Musta been around '92, '93? The old school guys had a real problem trying comprehend what we were able
to do with our little V6 cars back then, THEY STILL DO, AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! :ROFLMAO:

Musta been around '92, '93? The old school guys had a real problem trying comprehend what we were able
to do with our little V6 cars back then, THEY STILL DO, AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! :ROFLMAO:
Pretty close, around 1994. I have to be honest, I was surprised myself how much attention my T was getting. Afterall, at that time it was only a 7 year old used car. But even back then, many people knew what they were.......