What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

The biggest v6 I've seen was 302ci ford svo engine. I don't know about the buicks but the svo's have been tuned to make 700hp n/a. Billet cylinder heads built with methanol in mind would be my goal.
Some performance shop, cnc machined aluminum to fill in the open deck block and pressed that stuff in. They turned a stock tt 350hp v6 into a 700hp+ monster and reliable too.

I believe Kye Kelly provided the butt hurt...to Big Chief......2X:D I wanna see what happens when the "Cutty" comes back. By the way farm truck and azn make the show;)

I believe Kye Kelly provided the butt hurt...to Big Chief......2X:D I wanna see what happens when the "Cutty" comes back. By the way farm truck and azn make the show;)
I don't think he will have anything for boosted. I'm biased though...sbf>sbc

All you gotta do is run a low 6 high 5 in the 1/8th on the street and you can get on the list. You will see my buddy next week 7/13 on the show. Russ is his name. His car is a mid 5s car in the 8th. To get to 1 spot your going to need to be a 4 sec 1/8th car or better.[/QUOTE

What type of car does he drive on the show?

The Alpha/Omega GTR would annihilate Big Chief on the street, as would the Titan Supra and UGR Lambo, all small cube and turbo, you just won't see it happen. All three as it is aren't that far behind Big Chief from a track perspective, now put it on the street and they are going to hook much better than he ever will...

You just won't see it...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152912118475846.1073741885.329874275845&type=3 This GTR is my friends. 1000+ HP. he just got it back last week they call it Alpha -9
1000 HP all wheel drive with sticky tires with launch control. Makes my GN seem like a yugo

Awd has its advantages on the street against other street tire cars. The problem with awd is you cant do a burn out to maximize the stickiness of the tires. A properly set up rwd car with a properly heated race tire will work better than an awd especially with big power. The gtr still has a small tire, and at launch there is barely any weight on the fronts, making the fronts do almost nothing. I have seen gtrs pull the front tires at launch on a prepped track. So you are down to a small tire car on a crappy unprepped surface that couldnt heat up its tires.

Awd has its advantages on the street against other street tire cars. The problem with awd is you cant do a burn out to maximize the stickiness of the tires. A properly set up rwd car with a properly heated race tire will work better than an awd especially with big power. The gtr still has a small tire, and at launch there is barely any weight on the fronts, making the fronts do almost nothing. I have seen gtrs pull the front tires at launch on a prepped track. So you are down to a small tire car on a crappy unprepped surface that couldnt heat up its tires.
True about the front tires having little effect in a high HP GTR. My sister owns a GTR with about 700whp. I have driven and raced it numerous times and with toyo r888 tires it still spins off the launch on a prepped street but not much. Best 60' I was able to get in her car was a 1.5. Mind you it was NOT a race car. Some of these GTR's are on a whole other level and can hold their own. I'm just not a fan of store bought cars regardless of how fast they are.

By the way. If this plan comes together somehow. I will be willing to drive. My GN is slow but I have had a few High HP nitrous big block g bodies and have driven for a few guys with 8sec cars. Fastest car I drove down the track was a 1969 Chevelle Big Cheif motor. Ran 4.50s in the 1/8 on 1 kit. Drove that car on both the track and the street and made lots of money for the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They putting a list together next weekend at our local track for the 256 to race. Don't know how it will turn out but a good list all ready. One of our local guys been our there a few times. So we will see how it goes. I'm really not expecting much but never know. Doing small tires first.

If u think u can cut it u can use my address lol. Few I know that are running is around 5.0s ~

lol a 1000 hp these days even with AWD is an absolute TURD in the racing world..... just about ANY other decent horse powered car these days wud make THAT look like a Yugo......:rolleyes:
I wouldn't call any 9 second 1/4 mile daily driven street car a turd. But that's just me. It just has a little 3.8 V6 like our cars.

I wouldn't call any 9 second 1/4 mile daily driven street car a turd. But that's just me. It just has a little 3.8 V6 like our cars.
if were talkn really fast cars like a GTR which I've seen go mid 8's at 1500+ hp yea id say a 9 sec car is pretty much a Turd by todays standards of FAST cars. a DD 9 sec car I agree is pretty fast but were not referring to DD cars were referring to fast track cars.

a DD 9 sec car I agree is pretty fast but were not referring to DD cars were referring to fast track cars.

9's is fast for a track car also. I know the YouTube 1320 videos will tell you different. 9's is moving. Most of these super high HP cars by AMS or UGR are running mile or roll events, not 1/4 mile anyway.

9's is fast for a track car also. I know the YouTube 1320 videos will tell you different. 9's is moving. Most of these super high HP cars by AMS or UGR are running mile or roll events, not 1/4 mile anyway.
u seem to be under the assumption that a UGR car won't pull off a mid or low 8 second pass..... I can assure you they wud!

Speaking of Mr. Syclone, check out this pull on the highway starting at 65-mph at only 17-psi of boost pressure (27 seconds into the video). She pulls extremely hard, EXTREMELY hard at only 17-psi....

"Here is the film from the testing with the new turbo! The boost was only on the spring approx 17 psi. When I was driving on the highway the filmingcar was holding about 65-70 mph. The truck is increadible fast. I don´t know if you see it in the film, but the rear end lost tracktion round 120 mph.(Streettiers) I got scared and let it off. I just wanted to test the car, not smash it. It´s a little bit too much to have it on the street. You can imagine how much power it makes on raceboost"...

Last edited: