What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

Speaking of Mr. Syclone, check out this pull on the highway starting at 65-mph at only 17-psi of boost pressure (27 seconds into the video). She pulls extremely hard, EXTREMELY hard at only 17-psi....

"Here is the film from the testing with the new turbo! The boost was only on the spring approx 17 psi. When I was driving on the highway the filmingcar was holding about 65-70 mph. The truck is increadible fast. I don´t know if you see it in the film, but the rear end lost tracktion round 120 mph.(Streettiers) I got scared and let it off. I just wanted to test the car, not smash it. It´s a little bit too much to have it on the street. You can imagine how much power it makes on raceboost"...

that thing is just sick! seems like it wud giv my Turbo Busa a run for its money lol.....:blackalien:

u seem to be under the assumption that a UGR car won't pull off a mid or low 8 second pass..... I can assure you they wud!
Oh they would. But id put a substantial amount of money that a UGR car next to Chief or Murder would get toasted in their standard 1/8th street race

I never stated they weren't fast in the 1/4. Just not what they excel at.

I have an immense amount of respect for the stuff they build. The AMS 60-130 specs are some of the most impressive numbers I've ever seen.

Speaking of Mr. Syclone, check out this pull on the highway starting at 65-mph at only 17-psi of boost pressure (27 seconds into the video). She pulls extremely hard, EXTREMELY hard at only 17-psi....

"Here is the film from the testing with the new turbo! The boost was only on the spring approx 17 psi. When I was driving on the highway the filmingcar was holding about 65-70 mph. The truck is increadible fast. I don´t know if you see it in the film, but the rear end lost tracktion round 120 mph.(Streettiers) I got scared and let it off. I just wanted to test the car, not smash it. It´s a little bit too much to have it on the street. You can imagine how much power it makes on raceboost"...

This is an awd burnout where the tires get sticky. So I believe he's got a solid chance against the 405.

Although I think those videos are cool those cars wont beat the 405 i dont think you guys truly understand how fast those cars really are.a big tire car will walk the awd cars.rollout is a major factor

Duttweiler makes a billet block and head V6 that cubes out to 300 or so for the sand rails in Saudi Arabia and Qatar. I suspect that Alan Johnson Racing is the one who makes the block and heads for him. I could be wrong. I have seen these motors a couple of times and they are a work of art.

He hangs twin 76mm Precision Pro Mod turbos on them and sends them off complete to customers. I am pretty certain that its every bit of a $100,000 motor but it would do the job for the 405 boys.

Put that motor in a tube chassis car just like the 405 boys do and I bet you would break a lot of hearts in OKC. There is no doubt in my mind that those guys are using the FAST units to control boost levels based on the surface they run on. I am sure they are using traction control as well. If you notice they all have their heads in their laptops before a run guessing at how much power to throw at the roads they race on.

Gene Fleury against the 405 would be an excellent match up for some of them but I dont know if that would be enough for Chief. 488 ci motor with twin 88 Pro Mod turbos is huge but there is no way in hell he uses all of that power on the street or the strip.

It could be done but it will take some DEEP pockets to make it happen.

Oh they would. But id put a substantial amount of money that a UGR car next to Chief or Murder would get toasted in their standard 1/8th street race

I never stated they weren't fast in the 1/4. Just not what they excel at.

I have an immense amount of respect for the stuff they build. The AMS 60-130 specs are some of the most impressive numbers I've ever seen.
of course they wud get toasted. both the Murder Nova and Chiefs car are 6 second 1/4 mile cars and low 4 sec 1/8th mile cars..... apples to oranges. one being a dedicated drag car. the other a do-it-all car...

On top of that everybody is taking away the r&d they have done to get as much power as possible to the road. Just because you have a track car that runs a number at the track, doesnt mean it will get it done on an unprepped road. Big difference with chassis set up at that power level. Even with my car at a mid 5 sec 1/8 mile level, using the street set up doesnt work at the track, and the track set up blows the tires off from 100 mph.

I mentioned the UGR Lambo's and Titan Supra's because I feel on the street they have the edge. But when it gets right down to it, there are 6 cylinder cars out there that would destroy the OKC, even if OKC were on full kill and got traction, they would still lose. Maybe one day OKC will challenge the real big dogs out there...

5.97 @240-mph

Thats a track car. What will it do on the street? The only numbers we have seen for chief and murder nova are 275 radial numbers. I have yet to see what they run on a prepped track with a big tire. John Force can beat them at the track. No one is saying nobody is faster than then street, track, big tire, small tire.

Track car lol? The whole freaking show is based on track cars running on the street. Tuff Enuff runs no coolant, and is a track car only, and they raced him on the street. Kye Kelly's Camaro is a track car, and they raced him on the street. That Supra that I posted can be trailored to any spot and run on the street against them just like every other member on that show does, they trailer all of them. They are all track cars, not to mention that five second Supra has a cleaner idle than any of them...

Here is Kye Kelley, he runs a track car all the way, and raced and beat Chief on the street...

The Supra was posted because someone stated small cubes won't get it done, when in fact they will;

Last edited:
They are all track cars, but saying this will beat them on the street and showing a video at the track means nothing. Can they adapt it to the street like the 405 (and other real street racers) have done. Kye Kelley has a track car adapted to work on a non prepped street.

They are all track cars, but saying this will beat them on the street and showing a video at the track means nothing. Can they adapt it to the street like the 405 (and other real street racers) have done. Kye Kelley has a track car adapted to work on a non prepped street.
Any track car can be prepped for the street. Who says they can't?

Those Lambo's and Supra's are mind boggling fast but we gotta at least keep it Buick other wise this thread doesn't hold water for us...

Those Lambo's and Supra's are mind boggling fast but we gotta at least keep it Buick other wise this thread doesn't hold water for us...

Pretty sure there's a Buick engine between those frame rails... :)

80-47279d1283781642_fastest_tta_dsc03124_27f236ea184c8718308ab084c6110eaa890e6374.jpg

A big tire RWD car like Chief or Daddy Dave would murder any Lambo, GTR, syclone etc. People really have no idea how fast they are on the street. When Chief raced our local 275 class we discussed the difference between a 4.40 tune up on the 275 vs their big tire tune for the street. The street tune is actually more aggressive than the 275 track tune. More launch rpm and boost. They really are going 150-160 in 4.7-4.8 seconds on the street. They are hazing the tires and driving the wheels off of them. If a car can't go 4.40 on the track it won't have a prayer against them on the street. The fastest AWD car just managed to go 4.93 on a track. He's committing suicide on the street against them.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

People dont understand big power on the street, and how well the track is actually prepped. Now they are just posting cars they think are faster at the track than the 405, nothing to do with street racing. I know what my car does on the street in track trim and it is only 5.6 1/8 mile

A big tire RWD car like Chief or Daddy Dave would murder any Lambo, GTR, syclone etc. People really have no idea how fast they are on the street. When Chief raced our local 275 class we discussed the difference between a 4.40 tune up on the 275 vs their big tire tune for the street. The street tune is actually more aggressive than the 275 track tune. More launch rpm and boost. They really are going 150-160 in 4.7-4.8 seconds on the street. They are hazing the tires and driving the wheels off of them. If a car can't go 4.40 on the track it won't have a prayer against them on the street. The fastest AWD car just managed to go 4.93 on a track. He's committing suicide on the street against them.

Dusty you are missing the point, it was said that a small cube engine didn't have what it takes to beat them, and that is why the GTR, Lambo and Supra were posted. Although, I will disagree with you about these cars not having a prayer against them. A 1500-RWHP vehicle at 3000 pounds should pull off a 7.3x @ 180+mph 1/4 mile. Do you honestly think UGR Lambo's aren't making that much to hang with them on the track, while grabbing even better on the street with AWD? Yes, they make suspension's and sticky tires for Imports too, as well as traction control. Like I said, you won't see them race a 2000 horsepower UGR Lambo, Alpha/Omega GTR, or Titan Supra. Hell I can prove right now that the race between the Supra and Farmtruck was staged, as the kid who ran the Supra spilled the beans already. and played two parts in the show, who's to say the rest isn't staged. Their races are hand selected, otherwise we would have seen a rematch with Tuff Enuff, who runs in the sixes in the 1/4 mile. How many times are we going to see them race California's AV Boys and Gypsy Mike? I mean seriously. Let's see them race a car like Sal Patel's Viper six second before he wrecked it, which was a true street car I might add. What about Tim Lynch, was he even mentioned yet...?

Older run, but you get the point;

Last edited: