What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
What would it take to go to Oklahoma and take one of our cars and run with them boys? I would love nothing better than to take a V6 down there and go to some ass!!!!

Is it possible?

I was thinking that we could start a build and try to finish it up at the next TurboBuick.com Nationals!

I am thinking a group build, I have a few people I want involved for sure. I want to do this together as a group if possible! It's all about the cars and the community of people we have here!

Let the games begin!

If your running 1/4 mile the Nova will run mid 7's, A couple are faster than that so this is not easy but what the hell I am in
Mike

If your running 1/4 mile the Nova will run mid 7's, A couple are faster than that so this is not easy but what the hell I am in
Mike

I got several ideas, I am going to start contacting people soon! I will put you on the list brother!!!!!! This could possibly get sick.... We have some of the best minds in the business on this board. Can't believe this hasn't been done yet....

My car is out of commission or I would be in on the small tire action

It is going to take a TSO engine on kill in a lightweight tube chassis big tire frame. The v6 will be pretty much maxxed out, while the turbo v8s will only be half in. On kill those guys wouldnt make it 5 feet. The lightweight v6 could be an advantage for weight transfer, but these guys have been testing and tweaking on the street for years. To think you can put together a track car and go down there and clean house is taking away from what these guys are doing. Not just the 405, but the entire street racing scene. There are others as fast or faster than the 405.

It is going to take a TSO engine on kill in a lightweight tube chassis big tire frame. The v6 will be pretty much maxxed out, while the turbo v8s will only be half in. On kill those guys wouldnt make it 5 feet. The lightweight v6 could be an advantage for weight transfer, but these guys have been testing and tweaking on the street for years. To think you can put together a track car and go down there and clean house is taking away from what these guys are doing. Not just the 405, but the entire street racing scene. There are others as fast or faster than the 405.
That's basically what I was thinking. It would take a max effort and a heck of a driver... Still think it is possible.... I may be dreaming lol!!!

It is possible. If they could run all out on the streets, then it wouldnt be. The v6 has always been an advantage in these cars. These cars always 60' great. It will just take some testing on the streets and sneaking up on power, figuring out what shocks work the best, tires, etc. Testing takes time and money. I would love to see this happen.

In my opinion we can make the power. The hard part is getting a tube chassis and the correct wheel weight for best traction. I'm thinking 2300lbs with the largest possible tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys the difference is these guys out here in Oklahoma can't drive the cars from okc to noble where the track is. We (buicks) can. Any 7-9sec buick can make this list if you can get it to hook on the street. That's there only advantage they would have on anyone. Don cruze,Mike licht,john plog,gene fluery,and many others could easily do this .

I'd help out to see this happen.:)

Shane, check your PM's. I owe you some money. Looks like you may be needing it for this.:D

This is totally cool...

If you time this right you could show up when dove or pheasant season starts Shane.;) You might even show up for the Noble races.:D