What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

Daddy Dave just wadded up (rolled 6 times) his new nova, at Amarillo last night, (sunday 8/1/15)

Don't think a v6 will make the steam to be in the top 5. Just too hard to compete with a proline 632 w twin 88s hell I think murder went 4.40 at the radial race in tn earlier this yr.

The fastest v6 was Duttwiler and he traped in at 16o's in the 1/8 and that was on a race track not going to do that on the street as much as I would like to say, that car would kick there butt, just not going to happen.

I would bet that Geno would be a Top 5 car... Ron Anderson's 7.30 car also comes to mind. But the ONLY car I would believe could give a run would be the Freeman/Duttweiler Car. It is already running in the 6's We dont know what happen to Buddy Ingersoll's car or engine... I am like everyone else would love to see any Buick make the list. Here is my list
1. Shane BIG WOOD Racing GN / Freeman/Duttweiler Racing GN
2. Geno Fleury GN/ Ron Anderson GN
3. Cal Hartline/Gary Harmon GN/ Tony Gomes GN
4. Dave Fiscus GN
5. Manny Espino GN

Duttwiler sold the motor in the car shane bought want see 6's again and that's the car I was talking about. Only 160's in the 1/8 not ENOUGH

Exactly, now couple him with an AWD GTR that will hook against a BB Chevy that can't... on the street. This video is just an example, as there are way faster GTR's than this out there...

Remember guys. I'm not waving the GTR flag, I am waving the six cylinder flag. This thread is about what it will take to beat the 405 with an LC2 or Stage II Buick V6. Well, in my opinion, high RPM, mucho reduced weight, sticking the launch, and as big a turbo you can freaking fit... ;)

That video of the GTR shows the advantage of AWD vs a 29.5x10.5...something like Boosted GT runs. The AWD is no advantage compared to the top cars which are on something like a 34x16. Any car that wants to run at the top of the list will be on pro mod sized slicks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry to hear about Dave , Hope he get's better,Now if that happen on the street and he hit a tree instead of a wall i don't think Dave would be here we us.

Hope he is ok. These cars are on the edge of destruction on every pass. These cars are simple, cubic dollars and big egos. I have seen them and thought man that guy should lift, then they peddle it and the next thing they are on there roof.

You know as well as anyone, on the street it is about collecting the money. At the track lose a round you are out the entry and you load the trailer. On the street you get to load the trailer but there is that part where you have to pay the winner. It stings and no one wants to loose, even if they have to clean their drawers out at the end.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I know they have a bug, it's just the wrong bug, this guy has never lost a race ever, it doesn't matter if it's rally, nascar, drag racing, he's got the 405's number just look at him hook on the street! Sorry I couldn't resist my buddy just bought an 84 done up as a herbie

herbie.jpg

Last edited:
Doc and Monza made a showing at Piedmont Dragway this past weekend. They are all no times due to grude racing but i can tell u tht the fastest TSO car would be a car length behind at the 1/8th mile mark against either one of those. And they arent 1 and 2 on the list.... it would take a high to mid 4 sec car to run with them. Low 4s to outrun them.

This may have been viable in the beginning, but they all have gotten a lot faster since the show's debut.