What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

I got several ideas, I am going to start contacting people soon! I will put you on the list brother!!!!!! This could possibly get sick.... We have some of the best minds in the business on this board. Can't believe this hasn't been done yet....
Shane ur talkn about a 1500 hp car vs. 3000 hp cars. not sayn they use all that HP on the street but street racing is a whole nother animal and I'm sure they ramp that power in which is why big chief often takes the race the last 300 or so feet cause he's makn like 2800 HP! I jus don't see a V6 TR competing with that.

and these guys hav been street racing for a very long time and have their cars set up specifically for the street and I'm sure they all run Davis traction control to help and they also race 1/8th mile which is obviously different then 1/4 mile racing which TR's don't have as much experience in and not many TR's are gonna have their car set up specifically for the street. wen guys build TR's to make 1500-1600 hp they build them to race at the track.

I think ppl underestimate not only how fast their cars are but the time and money that was spent setting them up to race on the street vs. the track. and they also got a whole lotta experience. lets face it most TR's racers don't have much street experience.

its not just coincidence they go down to Texas where there are some fast fukn cars and literally mop their asses in every single race. same wen they went to Cali. ppl think the show is fake and no one really races that is BS!

not sayn it can't be done cause the Sonoma wasn't makn more then 1500 hp ill bet but we know some of the other cars are well over 2000 hp.

id sure like to see it done.... build one, have someone race it and make history....:)

Last edited:
Guys the difference is these guys out here in Oklahoma can't drive the cars from okc to noble where the track is. We (buicks) can. Any 7-9sec buick can make this list if you can get it to hook on the street. That's there only advantage they would have on anyone. Don cruze,Mike licht,john plog,gene fluery,and many others could easily do this .
there wud be nothn EASY about beating ANY of the cars on that list. ur dreaming if u think a TR is just gonna slap on a big tire and let it hang and compete with these guys EASILY. they have T&T'ed them cars for years to get them to hook on the street without blowing the tires off.

Smoking crack. . . .get off that trip. . Not going to happen. . . Big cubes and turbo will never loose to small cubes and turbo. . . . We are old and antiquated. . .point blank

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It would make a fun show. Even just knocking a few off would be huge. Talk about butt hurt. Maybe the show would help with the costs just to get an underdog to try.

Last edited:

Don't say it can't be done.

You are talking about a new tech turbo V6 vs old tech V8. Buddy had a technology advantage that overcame the extra 2 cylinders by having turbos and not the parasitic drag of the supercharger. No way a turbo 6 could compete with the top 5. That being said, something that can hang with or beat the guys on the slower side of the top 10 would give a lot of respect.

You are talking about a new tech turbo V6 vs old tech V8. Buddy had a technology advantage that overcame the extra 2 cylinders by having turbos and not the parasitic drag of the supercharger. No way a turbo 6 could compete with the top 5. That being said, something that can hang with or beat the guys on the slower side of the top 10 would give a lot of respect.

With that being said did you watch the vid?

1986 vs 2015
Buddy fist pass was 7.38 @ 187 On 1986 technology. so you this big chief is faster than that?

Shane ur talkn about a 1500 hp car vs. 3000 hp cars. not sayn they use all that HP on the street but street racing is a whole nother animal and I'm sure they ramp that power in which is why big chief often takes the race the last 300 or so feet cause he's makn like 2800 HP! I jus don't see a V6 TR competing with that.

and these guys hav been street racing for a very long time and have their cars set up specifically for the street and I'm sure they all run Davis traction control to help and they also race 1/8th mile which is obviously different then 1/4 mile racing which TR's don't have as much experience in and not many TR's are gonna have their car set up specifically for the street. wen guys build TR's to make 1500-1600 hp they build them to race at the track.

I think ppl underestimate not only how fast their cars are but the time and money that was spent setting them up to race on the street vs. the track. and they also got a whole lotta experience. lets face it most TR's racers don't have much street experience.

its not just coincidence they go down to Texas where there are some fast fukn cars and literally mop their asses in every single race. same wen they went to Cali. ppl think the show is fake and no one really races that is BS!

not sayn it can't be done cause the Sonoma wasn't makn more then 1500 hp ill bet but we know some of the other cars are well over 2000 hp.

id sure like to see it done.... build one, have someone race it and make history....:)
My thoughts as well.
In my un-qualified opinion . . A balls out V6 can possibly make the field . . . But better make sure it hooks and its run for all its worth. Not sure how deep in the field it will go though.

The advatange our cars had with boost is now gone against ++CID, better heads and boost. Those guys are true street car setup experts. They do it all the time.

Now . . . A V6 will increase show ratings . . Start with a newer v6 model, balls out . . . you are already taking a knife to a gunfight with a V6.
Just saying.

Last edited:
Now what would really be cool is for somone to show up with a gn bodied car to race. Thats more realistic

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Wow interesting thread,as a street/track guy I can say the street is a totally different world,the 405 is faster on the street than alot on here think and they have been getting faster and faster.whats even more interesting is that there is no mention of having a clutch driver behind the wheel.

Shane you need to talk to stevie ( FAST ) Jackson ... the guy who won cash days with the white third gen came to sc to grudge race cars he declined stevies race! Stevie had the fastest stock suspension mustang on 28's .. rumor is he sold it to the sheik for 300k an loaded it up in Charleston

look stevie up on you tube .. Stevie sold his personal car to Al-Anabi ... then raced Al-Anabi's pro mod aginst a rail car an almost won

Stevie is my Hero !

Last edited:
Shane, start here..

Get it to hook it on the street and do very well...with a small tire no less..

I hope this happens. I'd love to see a tube framed Gn with a max effort 6. But comparing v8's I would think a turbocharged TA block v8 could make whatever power "when there new heads come out" any other okc cars are making.

Wonder how far the "cutty" is gonna go up the list with the LS turbo setup? They are soooo frikin far from a street car it aint funny and they are stupid fast. Funny how the talk crap about "track racers" all the time and they go to the track a lot lol. They let certain folks beat them and others like Tuff Enuff they use a trashcan full of excuses. But I like the show with all the bs because it is something we all like, mucho better than pinks.
But it would be bad ass if a Buick v6 could make a couple of the bow down!

Yeah our cars make enough power. Trying to figure out how to get it to hook on the street like the track is the hard part. I am currently in the 405 now for street car takeover and the dyno day was held at big chief's shop. They seem like really cool guys.