What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Got a phone call, the car started!!!! Then the bad news, put it in gear and it dies (possible problem with the converter) and a coolant leak out of the front cover.

When will it ever end......

Got every body piece sanded and ready for primer, fitted all fillers, re hit the one GNX flare with some filler where the glass was thin. Ready to primer it this week and start painting it next week.

I'm 2 high pressure hoses, minute plumbing, and wiring 3 gauges away from getting it running, so I'm close. :D

took off my "boat anchor" starter and replaced it with a mini starter, then replaced the passenger side header bolts....#4 cylinder, lower bolt was a biyatch... the primary off my ATR headers was in the way and could barely fit a wrench on it....:cool:

Put interior back in after having a 5pt bar installed.

Attachments

• 071908 098.jpg
    071908 098.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 202
Its always something. Took the car out for a little test drive last nite with my new roller cam, now I notice the voltage reading on my scan tool is jumping all over the place.

Well checked out the alternator. Its fine. Charging 14.4 volts.

22 year old positive and negative battery cables= corrosion and rust. Cleaned them up and all is good.:mad:

I guess it pays to look at the simple things first. Duh!:rolleyes:

My car finally runs,

Done1.jpg

Done2.jpg

Done3.jpg

Done4.jpg

Done5.jpg

The build I have means I will most likely need a cage soon myself. To bad I am on the west coast and have no connections for fabricators out this way.

Just get kicked out of tracks, it's more fun that way. :biggrin:

I am looking forward to that. :D

But with one track at $25 a night and the other at $35 a night it can get expensive to keep getting kicked out.

Man, that's a lot.

$15 here. One track is IHRA and never techs. I've been 11.20s there all night and they never said a word about not having a bar.

Hell, I wasn't even wearing a fire jacket. :eek:

Both here are NHRA so they tech every time, even with a tech card. I have a helmet (Snell 2005) and a fire jacket, just missing the bar. :eek:

I don't think I'll ever put a bar in one of my cars. :eek:

Today I put the gas tank back in (what a PITA that was with a stock location muffler), bolted the exhaust up to the new test pipe/downpipe and tied up a bunch of little crap.

Car should be driveable once I bleed the brakes. Still need to get the title crap taken care of and plates though, so I'll probably drive it on Saturday. Hopefully my friend has some time that day so I can dyno it.

thread is still going strong i like it. when i have time im going to have to look at the pages. Next week i will post up. going to do a few things to my ride

Swapped my stock wheels for weld pro stars with 295/50 out back and 235's up front. Rubbing alittle on pot holes and dips in the road but I like the look.

Installed a shorty intake.

Haven't decided if I'm moving the charcoal canister or removing it. I'm leaning towards removing it.