What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Well im thinking of starting all over, trans glides from 2-3, the 3.8 is coming out, and im building a 4.1 to put in, and see if i can do it myself instead of getting screwed by lying vendors!! Wish me luck.

Spark plug wires

Some new blue Taylor 409's 10.4mm. Probably overkill as the 8.5 MSDs worked fine but they were 5yrs old.

Took mine to the liquor store for a beer run. Because I wanted to test it out. You see I keep getting what I believe is false knock. I found the wire loom that runs across the back of the engine was not bolted to the engine. So i bolted it down and never got to test it.

Well when I left the house I got on it twice, no knock shown. Then after I get my beer I go to get on it again and this time the knock gauge shoots into the red, I get like 2.3 kr on the Scanmster, with 02 volts in the 800's.

:rolleyes:

Finished up all the small crap. Only thing left is to bleed the brakes and make sure the PM works.

2hncg3s.jpg

2rctoc7.jpg

Even did the title crap and got plates. As long as the PM I bought works I'll be driving it tomorrow.

Now I just need to clean the engine bay... what a mess.

I installed a PCV check valve on my car, then I went to a car show with it. On the way there I passed two cars on the road that were doing 55....got up behind them then hit the gas and let the boost walk the car around them like they were standing still! :tongue:

Then after the car show some ding bat leaned over the fender of my car and left grease marks everywhere. :mad:

Pulled 3.8 down today, had to clean heads and block. Having second thought about putting the 4.1 im building in. Some one tell me to DO IT!!!

Just sat in the garage and looked at my TR abit. I have not drove it yet and registration is expired. With gas going for almost 5 bucks a gallon for premium it may be awhile.

And yes I am looking for a better paying job right now.:D

Dropped the pan and VB for the 4th time to try and fix the more than light throttle no shift to 2nd gear problem with my rebuilt trans. Also popped in the stock psi reg system to try and see if the lower line psi would help.

And as luck would have it no worky still!

All the body pieces are in the prime, took forever, damn near ran out of space, the doors weren't prepped good enough, I have to redo them, but most everything else turned out okay.

primeshop.jpg

primesideprofile.jpg

fiberglass fillers:

primerearquartering.jpg

primerear.jpg

aftermarket header panel:

primefront.jpg

Had to see what the flares would look like:

flarefitting.jpg

And the obligatory gratuitous "battleship" shot:

primeengine.jpg

I gave her LS1 brakes all the way around. She was thankful and gave me five STITCHES in my shin.

Worked on a buddies GN. It got a rebuilt 200-4R full of CK stuff, a ProTorque 3000 dtall, new u-joints in the driveshaft, TA Perf 3" DP. And a PTE FMIC as well. We didnt have to cut the DC Tech turbo shield either. Car runs good. Gotta tweak the TV cable a little, but the trans is solid. We also relocated the EGT probe to the PS header. Car also has a old school TE-60 and 60's with a TT chip/

And we finally put a ScanMaster in the car...

As for my GN, I have to track down yet another oil leak.:mad: I'll be ordering the Comp 980s and new AN fittings for my external oil cooler next Friday.

I gave her LS1 brakes all the way around. She was thankful and gave me five STITCHES in my shin.

Outch, stitches.
LS brakes, huge upgrade over the stockers, you ought to love those. Made a big difference on my car!

Yea, although the brackets Brady sold me don't fit the spindle holes properly.(bolts don't fit into the openings and holes on spindle don't line up)
While spending more money on tools drill, bits, etc. just to fix the design flaws. I spent another 100 bucks for the ER copay.

I just e-mailed him today. So, hopefully we can correct the problem.
Incase it doesn't go as planned where did you get you brackets from?

Either way, I'll keep you posted.

By the way. As soon as I could walk w/o a cain my wife made me paint the living area. That took two days. For now its back to the good ol GN.

I decided to do a little street tuning with my Gtech pro.:eek: I can't even get on it without burning the tires until im way into second gear. I found a nice stretch of road to open er up. It clocked in at 12.70 @ 120mph.:eek: I don't know how accurate this thing is but thats enough. Its getting too fast for the street to be playing like this.

Im gonna head down to the track and see what it will do.

BTW Im only running 16psi boost with my new combo. Ported irons, intake, roller cam, TE60, Prec. Stock Loc. I/C.

This thing pulls like a freakin freight train! I don't know if I want to turn up the wick at all!

An update on my brackets. I think the steel is tempered form the heat of the plasma cutter. Haven't been able to get it to align yet.

On a positive note Brady refunded my money. Which is really cool of him.

Thanks Brady.

Joe