What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Thanks again for the offer Luke, I'll let you know it my situation changes. :)

Pulled out the rearend. pulled the moter and tranny. and know starting to pull the lower a-arms. going to try to have the frame cleaned and painted and back under the bode by september :biggrin:

Attachments

• 0702081346.jpg
    0702081346.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 0702081344.jpg
    0702081344.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 121
  • 0702081643.jpg
    0702081643.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 146
  • 0702081627.jpg
    0702081627.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 122
Finally got some lift time with the GN. Changed the oil for the first time since February:eek: , and I cleaned up some oil residue. It got fresh Mobil-1 10w30 synthetic and a PF-52. Still got a leak somewhere. Retorqued the oil pan bolts so there nice and tight. Also tightened up the sending unit for my oil pressure gauge. Took 4 full turns, so I hope that helps. Also dropped the crossover and checked the DS header. No cracks, yet. Also repair a muffler hanger on the Hooker exhaust, and put new plugs in it too. First time I've changed them in over a year. Put some new AC CR43TS's gapped at .032. Runs good now.

Installed a brand new Powermaster motor. Brakes working great again :cool: .

After installing the new motor and bench bleeding it and cycling the fluid through the new motor. The fluid looked milky??? I thought at first it was just really small bubbles. That normal? I was thinking it was some sort of sealant inside the motor. Thought I would ask on here before I contacted the manufacturer or drain it and replace it.

Tried to put the exhaust crossover pipe back on. Could not get the driver side on. I think I need to loosen the passenger side.:confused:

Put the passenger seat back in after I'd taken it out a few days ago to put a seat cover on it. It looks surprisingly sharp.

Started to tear a spare power driver's seat down to see how it is assembled (and to take the trim off, which I need) and figure out how I am going to convert mine to power.

Bought a bunch of normal go fast crap trying to get it up to par to bust my friends Evos ass. :D

AWD? I don't even have posi, come get some Mitsu boy. :D :D

What a greaT 4th!! I jacked the motor and got the pan resealed.......NO LEAKS:D :biggrin: . Got the exhaust back together and ready to go for a drive.

Took the cap off the dump pipe and tried to scare the neighbors. Didn't work, they're used to me by now.

Well, the motor is in the car, the transmission is at the shop getting built to support the power. We ran into a little snag, I bought a set of 72lb injectors from Tom and he discovered he only had five. Thanks to the help of Cal Hartline confirming two different brands of injectors wasnt a good idea we tracked down an exact match. He flowed the injectors and all is well now. Everything is pretty much ready for the transmission to be put back in. Once the tranny is installed it shouldnt be more than an afternoon before the car can be started and a fat tune can be put in the fast box for the break in period. :cool:

Attachments

• 2008_0626Abeeng6260007.JPG
    2008_0626Abeeng6260007.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 220
Got the oil pump to prime engine today, now I can finish putting crossover and the TE44 on and reprime with the turbo on.

Window

Changed out a dead window motor on passenger side today. It works alot faster now. Since I don't have AC it's nice to get more air coming in the cabin.

Since my car is awaiting a tranny I decided to install my keyless entry that I've been putting off for over a year....works great yay!

Also started installing a crankcase evac system using an LT1 smog pump and Racetronix wire harness...tested the system electrically and it works! I still need to fab a bracket for the smog pump and get the breathers and catch can.

I finally got my exhaust crossover on. Need to go buy longer bolts for the drivers side. Got some new MSD plug wires and some E3 spark plugs waiting to go on. Discovered a crack on my downpipe in front of the cat so I am taking that to get fixed in the morning. (Yes it is the stock one. To poor for a 3 in unless someone has an old one to donate.)

found some more stuff to throw at it, since it's going to be down a bit longer than anticipated. Also got a bottle of Dominican rum and a cigar (Monte Cristo) so JoBu will keep it from further harm....

I found a forged crank...brand new!!!!! For $550!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dancing like a little girl in the rain!:p :biggrin: :p :biggrin: :p :biggrin: