What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Pulled the valve covers for stem seal install and a retorque on the heads. Will complete tomorrow. Jon Hanson

Install my tach.

tach6-13-08001.jpg

I am currently working on replacing these damned headgaskets. Apparently the machine shop forgot an intake bolt and also put some kind of silicone between the gasket and the head. First time I really got on it the boost controller didn't work and it hit 25 lbs of boost and pop. Didn't get any knock on the powerlogger thanks to the MAFT Pro but still pushed the gasket out right at that intake bolt.

Well, we dropped the motor back in my buddies T-Type today. Put everything on the top and front, with 40# injectors and a spankin' new TE-44 from John Criag.:biggrin: Also did the accesory brackets and new motor mounts. Trans is on the jack and convertor is primed as well. Got to run for new bolts in the AM. Should be running by Tuesday, hopefully.

Then we get to do it all again in about three weeks!

Gas tank is in and hot wired, I clearcoated the natural finish.

gastank1.jpg

gastank2.jpg

Firewall is complete, everything that needed paint is painted.

coated5.jpg

coated2.jpg

I worked the throttle and made WAAAHHH....WAAAAAHHHHH.....WAAAHHHHH sounds with my new throttle body and plenum. Some day it will be bolted atop an engine.

Jim

70mm_TB-1.jpg

70mm_TB-2.jpg

PS - thanks to Full Throttle Speed and Style for getting that stuff here in 2 days (from Michigan to NJ) along with new poly motor mounts

Unfortunately I am no where near my car so Tom Shea is doing most of the work to it now.

Last week he got the motor on a stand.

2008_0606abeseng0606080003.JPG

Later in the week, got some stuff I cleaned down the bare metal before moving (then it rusted) painted and looking better.

2008_0617Abeengcompt6170006.JPG

I just like my new heads. :D

2008_0615abecarbefore615080012.JPG

He has started putting stuff on it, I will post more when I get more. :cool:

Well, today I thought I would install my new Hydroboost system but I was missing some small parts from the kit. You know I will be on the phone on Monday. Anyway, today I removed a long standing hood mounted fuel gauge from the car to give it a more stealthy look. I liked the gauge, but it gave the car away instantly. Over the last couple of months I have changed my signal lamps to clear ones and switched over to GTA's and 255/50/R15 MT's. I like the new look personally. Still have tons of parts to get on the car this year.

Attachments

• DSC00825 (Large).jpg
    DSC00825 (Large).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 173
Well, my buddies T-Type fired up today. Took a bit, as the 3-month old C-16 in the tank probably didnt want to ignite. Also had to set the TPS to .42 to get it to idle. Sounded good and held good oil pressure. Ran the trans through the gears and topped off the trans fluid and coolant. Now we just gotta figure out why its kicking a code (#24, i think). Other than that, it runs good.

I put a timing chain and cam button on it and sealed up 1 of two exhaust leaks and cussed my starter that likes to mysteriously on a wild hair not fully engage even after a new solenoid and new wire ends. Its a hitachi and I surely dont want to put the 500 pound factory starter back on but its yankin on my last nerve. I then cleaned it up on the outside and got it ready to cruise to the hangout and got tired so I will do it tomorrow night instead.That was my day for the next week or so.........

Over the last couple of months I have changed my signal lamps to clear ones and switched over to GTA's and 255/50/R15 MT's. I like the new look personally. Still have tons of parts to get on the car this year.

Your car looks great! Not usually a fan of the white TRs but not this time!

what I did to my buick

I pulled the valve cover off to find A rocker arm that was about to fall off. I like cheap quick fixes:biggrin:

springs

took the qa1 springs out as i ordered the wrong springs....order then right ones and should have the car running with the new wilwoods, qa1's upper and lower tubular a arms for next tues racing...@@!!!

Over the week end removed the turbo, intercooler, timing cover, chain and gears. Ordered a new timing set and today i get to scrape gaskets and clean stuff for reassembly.

Installed Bilstein shock in the rear of Limited along with new springs from Kirbans.

No rear sway bar back there, was it possible for a Regal to come with out a rear sway bar?

No rear sway bar back there, was it possible for a Regal to come with out a rear sway bar?

never say "impossible" as far as GM quality controls back then but I would find that highly unlikely.

Today I signed for another "goody box": TA performance sent a downpipe and valve covers from AZ to NC in 3 days! Think I may just get the beast reassembled just in time for BPG!....(maybe!)

Taking the Powermaster I removed last night to work to get ready to ship and calling Kirban today for a replacement. :cool:

Doh. Kirban said they won't have them until the end of July.

I need a solution before then - I want to race @ BPG in Columbus.

I tried ordering from another place but I'm pretty positive they don't stock them and will tell me the same thing (Cardone not having any at the moment).

:(