What did you do to your GN/TR today?

Look at you getting super customed out. That thing is gonna look bad ass when its done, cant wait to see the final result. How does your wife feel about the car? Are you running Camaro rims?

My wife loves it, she's been supportive throughout, she knows I have dreamt of this car since I was a kid, she justs wishes I would finish it. :D Everyday I get one step closer, but I am kicking myself in the butt for not doing anything with it during winter.

My wheels are the custom offset SLP ZR1's made for 3rd gens. They are tucked in a little even without the GNX flares on, with them it's laughable. But I had planned on running some Skulte wheel spacers from the get go so I'm hopeful it all works out. Everyone that has some on their cars have said they have never had an issue, a shimmy, or a shake.

tuned it, ran it, tuned it, ran it...lalalala Stopped at gas station, 2 kids in a truck
(nice car is that a national?)
nope buick limited...
(oh whats in it)
V6
(oh a 4.3?)
nope
(oh 327?)
Huh!? .....no dude, a 231
(oh same thing)
ummmm OOOOK

(you should drop a 350 in it)
really?... will that make me faster?
(oh yeah!)

We both pull out at light, turns green and kid stomps on it...lol...um oooook

Man it keeps getting better all the time I swear

what i did to my turbo limited

Got the front airdam mostly on, need to drill to fit the plates that go under the radiator support, and need to find a way to mark the trunklid so i can drill the holes for mounting the rear spoiler real soon, anyone have ideas on how to do this Jim:confused: :eek:

Too funny mcasteel2112.:biggrin:

Last few days installed my 3 in DP and electric cutout(too COOL). Put my 28inch slicks on.. oh and changed IAC to BOP angle one. Sealed up my exhaust leak at the turbo-header flange... Take it out for a test run before heading to the track and.....NOPE...something wrong on the top end...Now I'm racking my Brains and waiting for parts. TOO boot have an exhaust leak at the Dough nut xrossover--Easy fix I hope. Other than that she's good as Black...I Hope. LOL:smile:

IMAG0045.jpg

So tonight I focused on yardwork while there was daylight. But I affixed the grille badge. I drill into the back of the emblem, then I cut the head off of a #6 screw, dropped a nut on it with about 1/16th of an inch of the screw exposed on the one side. Then I stuck the exposed part into the hole, and epoxied it down. I touched up that 'BUICK' emblem that was already on the grille too. For the backing plate I grabbed a piece of sheetmetal that came from the fender where I put the louvers, cut it down to size and drilled to holes in it. Whalla, a TNX is born.

My goal is that even if I don't feel like working on anything that I need to do some part, however small it is because it's all adds up.

I have to coat the emblem with semi gloss urethane, then I am going to make a mold and cast a few in plastic for spares and a big keychain.

IMAG0045.jpg

So tonight I focused on yardwork while there was daylight. But I affixed the grille badge. I drill into the back of the emblem, then I cut the head off of a #6 screw, dropped a nut on it with about 1/16th of an inch of the screw exposed on the one side. Then I stuck the exposed part into the hole, and epoxied it down. I touched up that 'BUICK' emblem that was already on the grille too. For the backing plate I grabbed a piece of sheetmetal that came from the fender where I put the louvers, cut it down to size and drilled to holes in it. Whalla, a TNX is born.

My goal is that even if I don't feel like working on anything that I need to do some part, however small it is because it's all adds up.

I have to coat the emblem with semi gloss urethane, then I am going to make a mold and cast a few in plastic for spares and a big keychain.

i gotta ask whats the deal with the TNX badges?

i gotta ask whats the deal with the TNX badges?

I'm restoring the TNX prototype, it was the GNX model based off the T-type/Turbo T. They put it in a crusher after deciding not to go forward so it's been a slow going restoration. Turbo National Xtreme model!! :eek:

secret.gif

Wrapping up a few projects

Headers, turbo drain and turbo feed with mini filter! Details soon.

Attachments

• headers1.JPG
    headers1.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 188
  • headers2.JPG
    headers2.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 191
  • turbodrain1.JPG
    turbodrain1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 201
  • turbodrain2.JPG
    turbodrain2.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 191
  • turbofilter.JPG
    turbofilter.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 193
tuned it, ran it, tuned it, ran it...lalalala Stopped at gas station, 2 kids in a truck
(nice car is that a national?)
nope buick limited...
(oh whats in it)
V6
(oh a 4.3?)
nope
(oh 327?)
Huh!? .....no dude, a 231
(oh same thing)
ummmm OOOOK

(you should drop a 350 in it)
really?... will that make me faster?
(oh yeah!)

We both pull out at light, turns green and kid stomps on it...lol...um oooook

Man it keeps getting better all the time I swear

Well I hope you at least stomped it when he did and left him in a trail of dust.

Long-delayed headliner replacement finally happening. Getting it out of the car was the easy part! Been sitting here scrubbing the old foam off for 45mins and still have half to do!

signed for a couple of "goody boxes" and watched 'em rot a little more....

My motor arrived in Minnesota! One step closer to getting my GN back on the road. It hasnt moved under its own power since July 2007 so it will most likely be a year to the day I blew it up that the keys are put back in my hand.

2008_0601Abesmotor531080014.JPG

First thing I did was install a new RJC power plate, but it didn't cure my KR problems:

5-31-08006.jpg

Then I installed a new RJC boost controller and found it didn't feel any different than when I had the adjustable waste gate actuator set for the boost I wanted:

5-31-08-2001.jpg

5-31-08-2002.jpg

First thing I did was install a new RJC power plate, but it didn't cure my KR problems:

Then I installed a new RJC boost controller and found it didn't feel any different than when I had the adjustable waste gate actuator set for the boost I wanted:

You sound a little disappointed. :p The RJC plate is still a good thing to have, you want even power output from each cylinder. That doesn't happen if the cylinders are getting different amounts of air.

As far as the boost controller, I can't say I noticed a big change either.

Yeah I am a bit disappointed. Everyone talked of a night and day difference with these two items. I was hoping the plate would have solved the KR issues at the least.

Though I wont rule out it being false KR I won't sleep until I can stomp the gas pedal w/o fear of blowing a head gasket or worse, the engine.

Spent yet another day working on my Hydroboost setup......just one PITA after another. I have no clue how people are saying it takes about 4 hrs. to install.....it took me that long just to get the booster rod hooked up to the pedal. Then hooking the lines to the power steering pump was a whole other exercise in profanity. Add all that up along with a trip to Summit for parts to replace an incorrect hose supplied with my kit and the day has been just perfect. :mad: :eek: :D

All that's left for tomorrow is to hook up the last few lines, swap the brake proportioning valve, bleed the system and top off with fluids. Hopefully it'll be back on the road in the evening.