TurboLink v3.x and early 4.x users ...

kenmosher

Whoosh!
You can upgrade the software FOR FREE by downloading it from http://www.appAuto.com. The link for the full install is on the left side of the page.

Be sure to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall anything labeled "TurboLink" in the list. This will ensure a nice clean installation of the new stuff.

I'm posting this so that folks get a chance to jump up to the newest software ... it's easier from a support perspective and it gets the latest bug fixes and features out for people to use.

Thanks!

so what about 69 dollars and sending in old cables? Whats better about the new version. I already have 3.something, and like it. THANKS

V4 adds support for additional Vehicles (P4s like the Sy/Ty and F-bodies) with the new hardware.

You don't have to upgrade the hardware if you are just going to use it on the Buick (and other C3 vehicles). You can just download the software and it'll work fine with the V3 hardware.

The new software is much easier on the CPU and memory and is more expandable via VehiclePaks.

As far as V2.13 ... is coming up on it's 13th YEAR! :eek: and as such, it's pretty much a "frozen" product and is fast becoming unsupportable. The compilers don't run on the development environments that we have any more and the hardware isn't being made any more, due to the lack of a couple key parts. We've concentrated solely on the Windows based product now for the last couple years.

Thanks.... I downloaded it. It works great. So what you are saying is that it will run better/work faster. Because thats what its doing. I thought my computer was coming back from the dead. But I guess its just the superior programming. It makes it 10 times more fun to use being so much quicker. THANKS! One of the reasons I went with turbolink was the fact that everyone had great things to say about the support. Glad I bought it thanks again.