TranslatorPro/ExtenderPro/PowerLogger IN!

Dave,

Do you know if the aux input is scaleable (user defined voltage trigger) in the software? I was thinking that I could (MAF Pro on order) add a second IAT sensor to the plenum and if temp exceeds setpoint X it would switch over to the aux timing table. i.e. alky stops working, IAT2 exceeds 200F, aux timing table drops to 12* WOT timing.

Mike

Interesting question. Although you wouldn't want WOT timing to go below 15°(which is the minimum settable).

I'll have to pose that question to Bob. I know the aux line can monitor a voltage or a frequency input (primarilly for odd maf configurations) and is settable elsewhere to match different custom mafs(primarilly for the import tuners).

[Dave] "The Beautiful part of the Translator Pro/Extender Pro system is that Bob Bailey has absolutely nailed the Turbo Regal setup so that startup and run in is seamless!!"

Thanks, Dave. So, I ditch the MAF and splice in a few wires. Then, I buy a high boost modulator and wire it in. I already have a WB O2 for the LM-1. Is it as simple as using the WB O2 and MAP to drive the T/Pro? Does it really start and run decent at the get go? We have pretty limited nice weather up here in the Pacific NW, so I don't want to spend another 2 week summer trying to dial-in a new gismo. I'm not afraid of tuning, but I'm almost ready to rock and roll now and hate to start something new in late March. I'd so much love to ditch the MAF, though.

[Dave] "The Beautiful part of the Translator Pro/Extender Pro system is that Bob Bailey has absolutely nailed the Turbo Regal setup so that startup and run in is seamless!!"

Thanks, Dave. So, I ditch the MAF and splice in a few wires. Then, I buy a high boost modulator and wire it in. I already have a WB O2 for the LM-1. Is it as simple as using the WB O2 and MAP to drive the T/Pro? Does it really start and run decent at the get go? We have pretty limited nice weather up here in the Pacific NW, so I don't want to spend another 2 week summer trying to dial-in a new gismo. I'm not afraid of tuning, but I'm almost ready to rock and roll now and hate to start something new in late March. I'd so much love to ditch the MAF, though.

When I first installed mine all I had was the stock NBO2 sensor. So, for the ease of installation, I also forked over for a plug-n-play adapter.
Yes, my car started and ran perfectly upon completion of the install.

Will that be the same for every car? Probably not, since there are infinite numbers of combinations available, some more bizarre than others. We call that a leap of faith. :cool: Mine is a simple combo. MSD50's, TE44, V2. That's it. The more radical the cam, heads, and larger injectors, the tune is a little harder. Not terrible though. Nothing as complex or difficult as a stand alone speed density system!!

I plugged in the TPro, unplugged and removed the maf. Kicked the tires and lit the fires.

Fast forward to a couple months ago. I received a WBO2 for Christmas (thanks to my loving family). So, got it wired in (didn't need a gauge because I monitor WBO2 via Scanmaster/Powerlogger). Didn't have to make many changes in the user tune tables to get the A/F ratios where I want.

But, to make things easier, you may or may not need to do some tweeking in the user tune tables to at least get your A/F ratios in the ballpark, and then...

You can turn on WBO2 "tracking" and your WB will do the rest. Not only WOT but also PTT (part throttle tracking) which cover idle up to WOT.

Dave,

Do you know if the aux input is scaleable (user defined voltage trigger) in the software? I was thinking that I could (MAF Pro on order) add a second IAT sensor to the plenum and if temp exceeds setpoint X it would switch over to the aux timing table. i.e. alky stops working, IAT2 exceeds 200F, aux timing table drops to 12* WOT timing.

Mike

The info I've received: "The software does not currently support that."

can you use the TPro and wideband tracking to tune the VE tables, then unhook the WB and keep the same tune? I have a wideband, but switch it between cars, so the ability to use it to tune only would be ideal.

can you use the TPro and wideband tracking to tune the VE tables, then unhook the WB and keep the same tune? I have a wideband, but switch it between cars, so the ability to use it to tune only would be ideal.

Do you mean you would use the wideband tracking to adjust/converge the VE table values so that the correction factor would be 0% (or close to it)?

I mean, really this is how chip-only cars work isn't it? Basically the fuel curve in the chip is developed by adjusting parameters until the ideal values are found.

if so, then I think theoretically it would work, but you would miss on the fine adjustments that the wideband tracking does for fuel adjustment on-the-fly.

:confused:

boost

Dave,

Mike

How about dropping the boost to 8 or 10 pounds if you lose your alky? Same thing Dave is doing with his 3rd gear input, just more extreme.

I hope to be installing my Maft Pro this spring, plug-n-play, high boost solenoid, WBO2......Dave, I may be shooting you a PM from time to time.:biggrin: Good write-up BTW!

The TPro doesn't have a "learning" ability. You could make your own tweaks to the VE table I suppose, and after it's where you like it, switch over to narrowband control I guess.
But the VE table that's in there is pretty darn close. I ran narrowband control for the first couple months I had my TPro, and the car ran perfectly. But once I got the wideband installed, it was easy to see that there was room for a few minor tweaks to the user tune tables. 10-15% hear and there.

How about dropping the boost to 8 or 10 pounds if you lose your alky? Same thing Dave is doing with his 3rd gear input, just more extreme.

I hope to be installing my Maft Pro this spring, plug-n-play, high boost solenoid, WBO2......Dave, I may be shooting you a PM from time to time.:biggrin: Good write-up BTW!

No sweat. Just "holler". :cool:

The TPro doesn't have a "learning" ability. You could make your own tweaks to the VE table I suppose, and after it's where you like it, switch over to narrowband control I guess.
But the VE table that's in there is pretty darn close. I ran narrowband control for the first couple months I had my TPro, and the car ran perfectly. But once I got the wideband installed, it was easy to see that there was room for a few minor tweaks to the user tune tables. 10-15% hear and there.

So the wideband tracking doesnt cause it to alter the VE tables until its in the desired range?

So the wideband tracking doesnt cause it to alter the VE tables until its in the desired range?

When WB tracking is enabled it doesn't make any changes to the VE table, ever.
It caused changes in fueling to attempt to keep the commanded A/F ratio at your desired value.
You tell it to run (example) 14.0:1 during idle, or cruise, and it attempts to maintain that by changing the fuel delivery, but makes no changes to VE table.
After recording various areas, you see that it's taking fuel out or adding, in certain load/rpm areas, you can go to those areas in the VE table and make changes if you like, to reduce the WB corrections being made.