ISAC Software V1.1.1 and Firmware

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
We have released an update for the ISAC that adds some new boost control options and fixes some issues with the software. Some new navigation features have also been added to the software. Below is a changelog.

- <- -> arrow keys work when reviewing a log.

- You can drag any ISAC file onto ICC and it will handle them. (log, tune, or reflash)

- New Boost Control parameters

- Boost gauge was reading slightly high, this is fixed

- The target boost graph scale matches the actual boost scaling.

- All solenoids are at 18 hz.

- Help page updated slightly

- Slider tab order fixed (pageUp/Dn and Home and End keys work on the sliders)

The new boost control parameters are Solenoid Minimum Duty Cycle and Solenoid Maximum Duty Cycle. Solenoid Minimum Duty Cycle will be used to tell the ISAC at what duty cycle the solenoid starts to raise boost. Solenoid Maximum Duty Cycle will be used to tell the ISAC what the maximum effective range of the solenoid is.

Everyone's findings for values that work for them will be different but for the sake of getting started, we'd recommend setting the Minimum DC at 70% and the Maximum DC at 90%.

Please note you will need reflash drivers to update your unit. To update your unit, follow these instructions. These assume that you have at one point had your ISAC communicating with your PC.

1 - Connect the ISAC to your PC
2 - Download the ISAC1.1.1.zip file and unzip it to a folder of your choice. There should be 3 files inside.
3 - Download the ISAC Reflash Drivers and unzip them to a folder of your choice.
4 - Run ICC.Exe and connect to the ISAC.
5 - Go to the Help tab and select Reflash ISAC. Select the ISAC_SW_111_1.1.1.s19 file when prompted to select a firmware file to flash.
6 - The flash will fail, this is normal. The unit will go into bootloader mode and the power LED will go out. At this point Windows will detect new hardware and ask you to install drivers for it. Select Browse My Computer For Updated Drivers and when prompted, select the directory you unzipped the reflash drivers in.
7 - Once driver installation is complete, exit ICC.Exe and disconnect the ISAC from the USB port.
8 - Repeat steps 1, 4 and 5. This time instead of a "Flash Failed" message, you will get another window open that carries out the reflash.
9 - When the power light stops flashing, your unit is updated.

Attachments

• ISAC1.1.1.zip
    760.3 KB · Views: 74
  • ISAC Reflash drivers.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 73
Sweet! I was wondering if the arrow key feature would be added. Was trying to figure out how to look at more than just a few seconds of the log.

How about that, just finished installing my ISAC last night and low and behold, an update!

Any pointers, tips or config files anyone can pass on would be appreciated:)

Thats the cool thing about this unit.. field updateable to add new features and bug fixes. This was a key feature when we were specing out the unit.

Hey Jay when you get the chance can you check the message I sent you? Thanks.

I applied the update last night. There are a couple of things that were slightly different about my install.

I'm running Windows 7 and the driver install was not quite the same as you described. An error happened as expected, however after that a little window popped up saying something about couldn't find the device driver and it only allows you to close the window (nothing else). In my opinion Microsoft royally messed up the driver installs, you now have to go to the device manager and find the device with the "!" which is the ISAC. Then right mouse click on that to bring up the properties window. There you can update the driver by clicking on the "Update Driver" button. Then you can select Browse and go to the download location of the ISAC Reflash Driver.

The other difference is the ISAC didn't quit flashing after the reflash completed. The DOS window showed the reflashing status and indicated it was successful. As instructed by the screen I pressed "Enter" and the windows closed. The ISAC continued to flash, so I left it for about 15 minutes. Came back and it was still flashing, so I unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back in and the ISAC works fine.

Yeah mine didnt flash until after I unplugged it and plugged it back in after flashing it. But its still working fine far as I can tell.

Although I dont know if its my settings or what but the TRIG light keeps staying on. It will go off at certain RPMs it seems. But was not doing that before. The system still injects though like it should.

Although I dont know if its my settings or what but the TRIG light keeps staying on. It will go off at certain RPMs it seems. But was not doing that before. The system still injects though like it should.

I haven't driven my car since I reflashed the ISAC, so can't tell you whether my experience is the same or not.

I didn't try the logging after the update, but I did pull up an earlier log. The arrow keys work, but the log window is still just what's on the screen and hasn't been extended. It'd be really nice to log/see more than just what the log window provides.

I wouldn't worry about the light not stopping flashing. Ive flashed several of the units since making this post, sometimes the power light cycles, sometimes it doesn't. I wouldn't worry about it.

Im sitting here now flashing all the units we have in stock. Some of them reset back to a solid power light and some dont.. dunno why but once it says "Reflash complete, press any key", you're all set.

Also I just noticed that I got on it, it started to inject, I let off and then the power light started to flash on and off ..... is it something in the config or what? Never noticed it before.

There are several new config options so not sure if I did something wrong or not.

Check your Boost Config section under the config tab. Probably one of them is set to Window Switch or something. Just change them to "Boost Enabled"

You can also email me your config if you want me to take a look for you.

Yeah I think that might be it, will change it now. Also its really weird not having a save button to know its actually wiriting the data to the ISAC .... does it automatically save values to the ISAC upon changing or does it happen when you close the software?

Sorry I love knowing how stuff like this works.

All changes are made in real time. You'll notice every time you change a value in the ISAC when its online, one of the LEDs on the front of the unit blinks.

yeah I actually noticed that after posting that lol. Also just sent you my config file.

The flashing power light indicates the tune has been reset to default, BTW.

Has anyone ever seen this fail with the error message libusb0.dll not found

that DLL is only necessary when reflashing the unit.

Is that what you are trying to do?

Bob