Turbo Rule Discussion

My question is what happens to the guy with the 71 when it needs repair? Is he out of luck and now owns some really expensive scrap?

Unless Bison can rebuild them with 68 wheels
I can order large shaft 68 wheels but it would be 10 minimum and they aren't cheap. I doubt anyone would want to put up the $$$$ to have those sit on their shelf. I haven't seen any flow gain in any of the current 3 bolt housings with more than a 66 turbine and the 66 comes up way faster on the tree. Those of you that are flying with a 3 bolt know that it takes a lot to get the air through those small turbos and the engine build and wastegate strategy will be the biggest factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allowing the 4 bolt housing is going to speed the class up. And that's what we will have to decide this offseason, will we allow changes that will speed up the cars.

Wanting to run tsm this year for the first time. Also some local stuff but would like to go 4 bolt. Turbo at precision now wish I knew where I could go ahead and change before car Finished.. Not sure about being competitive but would like to race.

TSO is in the 7.60s, and THS has been 9.50. Theoretically we should be pushing 8.50s.

I'm working on getting weight out of mine. Did some testing yesterday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427463275.434463.jpg

After spending this morning trying to get the passenger side header off, I'd love nothing better than this wastegate to not have to be plumbed into the downpipe.

After spending this morning trying to get the passenger side header off, I'd love nothing better than this wastegate to not have to be plumbed into the downpipe.

What kind of gate do you have that makes this so difficult? I use a precision with vbands, and it's no big deal to remove and install.:yawn: