Turbo Rule Discussion

True. But all that is going to be up to the racers. I'm not making any major changes without a vote. This is a good group, and we're all friends. I don't want to mess that up.

Right, the "guy" was poor choice of words. The group of racers in the class will have decided what changes they want. Just hope it lets the class grow.

Yeah, looking... not sure if i will try this next year but looking to spend my $$ wisely and seeing where the class goes.

Didn't really either of my cars for tsm just happens to be were they fit in. Great class I just hate that we keep losing good cars Phil Toni Scott Kevin. But we have gained some other good racers also. I will still show up to race rain shine or even snow.

Not kidding about the snow

Attachments

• 1436647867209.jpg
    1436647867209.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 197
If we are going to stay 3 bolt I think the weight should be the Same on all turbos. The 68 is going to make more power then than the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi guys I am building a car and I wanted to discuss what turbo is available for this class. I need to purchase or make headers and the question I have is the rule on no V band and also the three bolt turbo is to me is becoming outdated and expecsive to buy, and there is only two places to buy it. I wanted to ask everyone about thinking about letting 4 bolt turbos in. They are much more available and you have more companies to choose from, and cost because of availibity and not having to run adapters for the downpipe makes more sense.

I want to keep moving forward on my car but this is holding me up.

We voted on the four bolt housing and the result was to stay with the three bolt.
The 68/70 and 72/70 are available in 3 bolt for TSM.

just so I am perfectly clear what is the turbo rule. are u saying that they are the only 2 turbos that are legal

No, the rule is 72mm or smaller compressor with a currently available 3 bolt exhaust housing. I was just listing a couple of options.