Turbo Rule Discussion

If you are going to allow a 4 bolt in, why not make it easy and say ANY three bolt allowed. Then you only have to regulate the new 4 bolt stuff instead of watching after every turbo? There is no three bolt turbo that on paper has more potential power then the new 68/70. 67 three bolt weight break. Anything else no weight break. 4 bolt maybe weight penalty if it proves to be too fast. Why make rules that are really hard to enforce and will probably never be challenged and if challenged nobody will know how to check????

I have an old precision 88 3 bolt with the big turbine housing, PTE still has new ones with billet compressors. That I am sure will sellout in one day if you do that

Ok.........the "pumpkin" housing, which is pretty identifiable would be excluded. No removal of parts or measuring is needed to say yes or no. Mike I am sorry you missed my point. There will always be the odd stuff, but I was tring to make it easier for regulation. I think if a 4 bolt is opened up, good luck tring to regulate who's got what. Why make rules you can't regulate.

The point is you said "ANY 3 BOLT" as soon as we say except that we need to have a tech procedure. There is a n existing one, if we need plugs made I will make them, but using the existing 3 bolt rule including the 6870 and adding the any 67 rule seems pretty east to me and easy to tech. a 67 plug, no T6 flange gets that done.
Mike

If the 68 exhaust wheels have gone away, the 67/68 buick turbo is gone as well

If that's the case, which 4 bolt's could XTSM consider allowing?

Precision is only offering a 67-66 or the 68-70 in three bolt as of today.

It's rated for 1100 in four bolt configuration, they didn't release a power rating for 3 bolt.