Turbo for street?

those are the Lucas 30# injectors that are considered stock replacement injectors.

Most of us tend to suggest the MSD (or Delphi) 50# injectors when upgrading as this will cover you to the low 11s and sometimes, high tens, but yet work with the stock ecm. Of course, they take a new chip calibrated to match them.

As far as turbos go, there is a thread a day on what turbo and we repeat the same thing over and over....

For the street and down to the mid 11s, some of us think that the TE44 or TA49 is the best turbo ever built. Others like slightly bigger and name the 51 which may, or may not, require closer to a 3000 rpm stall converter and is good to low 11s.

It should be noted that stock injectors and stock turbos have been known to go 12.0s and it is very common to go low 12s on the combination as long as a good fuel pump is in the tank, etc.

Bigger turbos may not improve performance on 93 octane as they work better at higher boost levels.

If you have not, you should go to www.gnttype.org and read the tech articles on the various recipes and spring cleaning.

These cars are about combination and tuning...there are no magic parts....guys spend 5000 bucks and run 12s, and others spend 500-1200$ and go faster....learn from those who have done it and throw the KB catalog away! :)

NOT TO GET OFF THE SUBJECT,BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT INJECTORS THESE ARE? 3 OF THEM ARE-03181AA
3 OF THEM ARE-621031
BOTH HAVE GREEN STRIPES

ANY BODY KNOW? THANKS......JOEL

The second number is the Lucas 42.5# injector. I suspect the other number is too but I cannot remember it for sure...both sets should have two numbers on them...one like the first number and one like the second.

the 42.5# injectors should have three nozzles on each injector.

Best Deals?

I want to thank all of you for replys,I ask Questions so I can get a feel on what is HOT and what is NOT;) I do not mean to ask Questions on Turbos but I wanted to know about MY PARTICULAR CAR:mad: .So If I piss anyone off on"what Turbo".SORRY!:eek:

Anyway who has the best deals on TURBO-INJECTORS-CHIP?

I AM LEANING TOWARD a TE-44-MATCHED-INJECTORS-CHIP-FROM PRECISION TURBO.

ANY ONE HAVE A PLACE THAT IS BETTER?CHEAPER?

P.S -SLICKS R ON THE WAY-MOPARS BEWARE:p

had a 49 on my GN.Ported heads,intake,3"DP,Hollowed cat.
D-5 convertor.36pnd injectors.Stretched intercooler.

Drove car 80 miles to track,street chip.McCreays tires.
Didn't have time to cool down.Car went 12.18,17 pnds. boost.
Injectors too small.

I loved that 49...Car was stolen. So I'm doing it again.
This time bigger injectors and Aluminum heads.

Best of all looked stock as someone said. Great on street.
Just giving you a positive account of one.HTH'ed

The 49 will fit directly under the stock heat shield.
Some mods will need to be done to the heat sheild to get the heat sheild on the 44.

What mods? I have always just bolted the shield on with no problem. Actuator mounting takes a little bit of massaging.

put on a TA 61 this weekend and the heat shield needed a little message were the accuator mount was.
other than that it bolts right one.

Lue

(I can't resist)

He no rice, what 'little message' did you give to you heat shield?....

When was the last time you visited a 'message parlor?...:)

Sorry, I'm getting picky like a certain weather beaten Texican that hangs about.

Must be a poorly dressed nun in the habbitat...(never mind, unless you read the better board)

LOL

Come to think of it, I faintly recall massaging a corner of the shield on the grinder to avoid a bolt head or something a few turbos ago...

I was a little confused, It was with a 53 that needed to be massaged, The 44 is no problem.
Sorry