Which PCV Valve?

626gn

What’s the current go-to PCV valve to use? I just replaced mine with my last AC Delco CV893C valve and looking for a spare for next time. I came across a post suggesting one made for a turbo Mazda (PCV1138DL) which appears to be readily available at some local part stores, but is this our best option? What has everyone else been using with success?

Highway Stars was selling the PCV242 for a while but currently out of stock and do not offer any other options. I can find them on ebay but unsure how well they work.

I use this one but if you wanna stay stock....not that you can see it installed..then that's up to you.

What’s the current go-to PCV valve to use? I just replaced mine with my last AC Delco CV893C valve and looking for a spare for next time. I came across a post suggesting one made for a turbo Mazda (PCV1138DL) which appears to be readily available at some local part stores, but is this our best option? What has everyone else been using with success?

Highway Stars was selling the PCV242 for a while but currently out of stock and do not offer any other options. I can find them on ebay but unsure how well they work.
Here’s what I’ve been using for years without issue.
It’s been endorsed by Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak)
I stocked up & bought a bunch years ago , just to have on hand for spares

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
Here’s what I’ve been using for years without issue.
It’s been endorsed by Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak)
I stocked up & bought a bunch years ago , just to have on hand for spares
I believe the PCV1162 is superseded by the PCV1138DL which I can get from Autozone. I'll try it unless someone has a better option.

I use this one but if you wanna stay stock....not that you can see it installed..then that's up to you.
I remember looking into the RJC one years ago, but remember some having issues with them? I'll revisit it again and have another look.

All the stockish ones I tried, except the RJC, allowed boost to pass causing oil leaks especially at the pan gasket.
I don't remember if I tried the 1162 or not though.

Here’s a link from an old post that might help.

Look at what Clippard Minimatics sells, assuming they are still in business. Thats where I used to get all my check valves. You can get a brass check valve like the RJC piece, open it up, cut the spring to lower the crack pressure and install it. Done.

Look at what Clippard Minimatics sells, assuming they are still in business. Thats where I used to get all my check valves. You can get a brass check valve like the RJC piece, open it up, cut the spring to lower the crack pressure and install it. Done.
I followed Jay's tip on this years ago and it worked perfect. I can't remember the exact one I bought but I used them on a couple different cars.

I followed Jay's tip on this years ago and it worked perfect. I can't remember the exact one I bought but I used them on a couple different cars.

Yea, you can specify what kind of seals you want and everything. Clippard used to have a very extensive offering of small check valves.

I remember learning the hard way to clip the spring a little at a time.

Its been a while but I remember just taking the spring out for the longest time. The valve would slide back and forth based on vacuum vs boost.

Stock PCV and a plastic check valve. You can find them anywhere,ebay etc. I found some that even look like the stock plastic check valves used on our charcoal canister etc

Attachments

• DSCN1293.JPG
    DSCN1293.JPG
    455.8 KB · Views: 31
Whoosmotorsports.com

Whoosmotorsports.com

Thanks. Looks interesting and shipping to Hawaii is not over $50 bucks like some of the others mentioned in this thread. Have you tried it?