Best Non Lock-up Torque Convertor Brands

HyperV6

What are the best 200R4 "Non Lock-up" torque converter brands ? I am considering a Pro Torque or PTC. Looking for a quality torque convertor which is going to be driven on the street and some foot brake bracket racing with it. My car has 450 horsepower so nothing crazy.

Thanks for any input.

d husek offerings are pretty nice I'm told. Dusty and the ptc is a nice unit too. I'm not familiar with the pro torque. even the old art carr 9" is nifty but pretty old tech.

Had a couple PTCs they couple great,, 17 blade and an 18,, it will find the weak parts of your trans if there are.

d husek offerings are pretty nice I'm told. Dusty and the ptc is a nice unit too. I'm not familiar with the pro torque. even the old art carr 9" is nifty but pretty old tech.
Yep I have the old 9 inch Art Carr 19930 runs great I can’t bring myself to change it.I live close to Dave Husek’s shop had the motor out last year and still didn’t get one of his.

What are the best 200R4 "Non Lock-up" torque converter brands ? I am considering a Pro Torque or PTC. Looking for a quality torque convertor which is going to be driven on the street and some foot brake bracket racing with it. My car has 450 horsepower so nothing crazy.

Thanks for any input.
I have used all the brands your looking at.
Best is a tough term to identify.
All make quality pieces

I am currently running a 10 inch non lock-up PTC that I purchased through Dusty about 10 years ago. I guess the best plan is to send it back to PTC to be cut apart checked and cleaned before I install it with my new transmission. The PTC converter is still in the car with old transmission. I have won a lot of rounds with it. I guess no sense in changing what works.

Thanks guys, Craig

I am currently running a 10 inch non lock-up PTC that I purchased through Dusty about 10 years ago. I guess the best plan is to send it back to PTC to be cut apart checked and cleaned before I install it with my new transmission. The PTC converter is still in the car with old transmission. I have won a lot of rounds with it. I guess no sense in changing what works.

Thanks guys, Craig
The PTC 10" is known to have high slip numbers in the upper rpm range in turbo buicks, the PTC 9.5" is the one you need and its not sold by stall numbers so Dusty would have to know your combo.

What guys need to understand is
It's the rpm window,power,distance and what slip numbers the data shows will get the car down in whatever environment they are racing in
Meaning a converter that has 12%slip may go faster down the street or to the 1/8 but slip too much to get that truck number through the 1/4 mile or even have too much slip period.
Perhaps the car will go down better with 4% or 8%.
This is where testing comes in and working with guys that know what the data tells them.

Guys, this is with my Monte Carlo and not my Regal T. My Monte Carlo has a GM ZZ383, 200R4 non lock-up, and 3.42 10 bolt. In drive at the end of the quarter mile it is going through the trap at 5500 rpm at 107 to 108 mph. The car shifts in drive through the gears at 5500 to 5600 rpm's. I launch it at 2000 rpm's when bracket racing.

Anymore rpm data needed?

Thanks for the help. Craig

I ran the AC 16930 with the 6262 and it did an admirable job for the price of a cup of coffee. If I was to ever get back into bracket racing with a TR I'd go with the same convertor/turbo/heads again.

Guys, this is with my Monte Carlo and not my Regal T. My Monte Carlo has a GM ZZ383, 200R4 non lock-up, and 3.42 10 bolt. In drive at the end of the quarter mile it is going through the trap at 5500 rpm at 107 to 108 mph. The car shifts in drive through the gears at 5500 to 5600 rpm's. I launch it at 2000 rpm's when bracket racing.

Anymore rpm data needed?

Thanks for the help. Craig
Oh well this is a whole different situation now, in my NA cars ive used Yank, Circle D, as well as Pro-Torque all with great success over the years , but im sure Dusty can dial you in as well, weight ,tire height, rear gears are the big factors , you should be going through the traps at a higher rpm then 5500 in a sbc