The Ultimate Turbo Anti-lag System

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you wanted to know how much flywheel hp you launched with, or you would need to perform a particular 60 foot time, or how much hp you had through the 1-2 shift, or what the hp level is at the 1000 ft mark, how does your calculator come up with that?
It uses nothing more than how much power it takes to propel said weight to a said mph in 1320 ft. It really is that simple

What a joke. And I thought maybe it was a slide rule calculator.

The joke here is you, you throw out these wild numbers with no back up 126 mph in the 1/8 at your weight is no where near 1180 hp. Dont try and pass your BS on us save it for your nitrous purging fans...

Nitrous,purging,blow off valves oversized turbos,doesnt spool for 200 ft, You sure that isnt a Honda your working on, Damn SO Cal ricers.....:p

Not completely but I have seen 181 CI 4 cylinders belt out 1500HP with an 88.
From what i have been schooled about turbos is the capabilty is the capability weather it be on a 4-6-8 cylinder. CI not being the limiting factor.
If the engine will flow it, no matter how many cylinders, then you can use the turbo. High flow heads would allow a small engine to use the flow of a relatively large turbo.
You and I both have the same understanding of turbos. Most turbos are max rated at the limits of their efficiency. For instance, if a turbo is advertised as being able to support 1500 hp, that will usually mean that the turbo will flow that at around 65% efficiency. You really don't want to run a turbo at less than 65% eff.
Now if you take that same 1500 hp turbo and run it at an airflow to support only 1200 hp, you should be smack dab in the middle of the eff island for that turbo. That would be running the turbo at 75-78% eff. That would give you lower compressed temps and a denser charge. I guess by the way you hate large turbos, you think it's better to run closer to 65% eff.

What does your calculator come up with for Tonys car?
3450#s at 7.97 and 175MPH?
Shoot me a fax number and tomorrow I'll send a spec sheet for you to fill out. It will require detailed specs of the engine power curve and the chassis. If you can't fill it out completely, don't waste my time.

I would hope you would not completely discount cubic inches. Cylinder pressures can make up for cubes up to a point.

Heads, on the other hand, are key. I'll bet Tony isn't flowing just 210 on the intake side. I would really be impressed if he is.

Ya heads make a difference, small heads need more boost at the rate your failing its going to take 70+ lbs to make the power you should. think ya still got 42 lbs left Ill give ya a hint NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Theres cars that have made the power your making with STOCK IRON BUICK HEADS ported with a 70 turbo think them heads flow better than yours, still want the congrats......

It uses nothing more than how much power it takes to propel said weight to a said mph in 1320 ft. It really is that simple

Then, it's simply wheel hp that does nothing to show how much hp is lost in the drivetrain.

Shoot me a fax number and tomorrow I'll send a spec sheet for you to fill out. It will require detailed specs of the engine power curve and the chassis. If you can't fill it out completely, don't waste my time.

These are specs Tony and his Engine builder would share,we would have to extend this to them.

Dont waste your time turbos rated at 1500 hp, i make 1478 hp by your numbers it would probably show 2000 hp seeing how your about 25% high on yours and we all now no thats BS....

Ya heads make a difference, small heads need more boost at the rate your failing its going to take 70+ lbs to make the power you should. think ya still got 42 lbs left Ill give ya a hint NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Theres cars that have made the power your making with STOCK IRON BUICK HEADS ported with a 70 turbo think them heads flow better than yours, still want the congrats......
Tony. Are you sure you're in the right section? I think you're looking for the political section.

That means you have about 350hp worth of driveline loss using your numbers for flywheel and mine for WHP. We know it can't be the convertor...you builds transmissions....Must be the rearend!! :D

Dont waste your time turbos rated at 1500 i make 1478 by your numbers it would probably show 2000 hp seeing how your about 25% high on yours and we all now no thats BS....
Tony. Let me ask you something. If you talk to a chassis dyno operator and ask him how much hp is lost through the drivetrain using a high stall TC, what do you think the answer will be? Let me give you a real good clue. You've already answered it.

Stop being a fool.

Nitrous,purging,blow off valves oversized turbos,doesnt spool for 200 ft, You sure that isnt a Honda your working on, Damn SO Cal ricers.....:p
Some of those ricers go pretty fast with those small engines, and large turbos. I think you gave a good example earlier. And you're right. The import crowd was forward thinking enough to use nitrous too.

So Otto. The Buick crowd never used nitrous before me?

These are specs Tony and his Engine builder would share,we would have to extend this to them.

Give me your fax number and I'll leave it up to you to come up with the specs. I'm sure you can get them from whomever.

Tony. Let me ask you something. If you talk to a chassis dyno operator and ask him how much hp is lost through the drivetrain using a high stall TC, what do you think the answer will be? Let me give you a real good clue. You've already answered it.

Stop being a fool.

You dont have a high stall its tight by your standards remember ??. I spool an 88 turbo on a pro tree think my converter is tighter than yours who is being the fool now!!!

You dont have a high stall its tight by your standards remember ??. I spool an 88 turbo on a pro tree think my converter is tighter than yours who is being the fool now!!!
You should first ask a chassis dyno operator what they consider to be a high stall torque converter before you take the chance of planting that large foot of yours so deeply down your throat. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.