Street Outlaws

There's already been a turbo 6 car breaking a lot of those guys off. Go to youtube and watch King of the Concrete 2011 and you'll
see Turbo Dave from Phoenix, in his TTA, break off Daddy Dave, amongst a few others, and he loses in the finals to Doc in the Monte.

There's not much on that truck that's the same as 2011. IIRC that was the old blower setup that didn't run for shit, the truck was rebuilt chasis included shortly after that.

Well of course, there's not much the same on Dave's car either. But I know the sonoma fairly well, and it is a beast of a truck.

Well of course, there's not much the same on Dave's car either. But I know the sonoma fairly well, and it is a beast of a truck.

I'd love to see that TTA sit next to the truck, on a street, Mexico style. Curious how it would fair with it's upgrades also.

Lol, Dave's TTA works on the street just like it does at the track, it's another actual street car, and he has it setup to work. I'm not saying it will outrun the Sonoma now, my comment was that it has in the past. You're preaching to the choir with me, as I know the cars from OKC work, but I also know other cars that will work right there with em. It's too bad the Detroit episode didn't get off, as John Burkett was more than likely going to break their hearts. I know 2 cars here in AZ that are waiting to set something up as well.

I'm not preaching anything man, just saying I'd love to see some quick cars boogie, not at the track. That's all.

They're advertising a special episode is gonna be on tonight at 10, wonder what that's all about.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's a recap of best moments from past episodes and get to see alittle bit of a preview of next season, nice.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

BUMP GUYS
New Season Starts Tomorrow

images.jpg

Sorry, no names. Back when the NMCA"Fastest Street Car Shootout" was gaining speed around the country, a few guys showed up from that area. They were telling stories about how secret guys would keep their set ups. Hiding NOS and running multiple mufflers to quiet big horsepower. Bench seat sleepers with dog dish hubcaps capable of running 10 sec 1/4 miles...which was very fast in the mid 90's.
My comment was aimed at the reason OKC got chosen for the series...there are not a ton of areas with a big "STREET RACE" scene.
I have a cousin in Sacramento and get the street scene from him. It's pretty good in his area, but not even close to OKC.

Coach, you're taking about 10's in the mid 90s, but the serious OKC guys were running deep into the 9's in the mid-late 90's. The gold car (Varley's) was a mid-9 car circa 97-99, and this was evidenced at our annual Ford vs. Buick event that we hold, Daddy Dave was driving it then. I was cruising around with my buddy in his low 10 second (434ci+blower) corvette and he was sort of on the lower end of these guys.

I'm sure for every town with a group of really serious racers, there's going to be a comparably fast group of guys to race, but I think it's all about the appeal of those groups. For example, Houston - they are roll racers and Texas Mile-rs as far as I know... they don't stand a chance in the 1/8th mile. Go to the East Coast - and they are 1/8th track grudge racers, to go OKC and DFW, and they are street racers from a dig - maybe due to the lack of interest and availability of race events where many cars would qualify and fit classes. Go the West Coast and there are pockets of street racers because the track can't stay open... I think in general, that's how some really fast street racers end up where they end up - cars being tuned for their environment.

They're showing reruns all day today and will be until 9 pm tonight when the new season show starts.

Don't let that show fool you. They only run 1/8 mile and at speeds over 150 mph. The way they film it you would think that 660 ft is much longer than that.lol

I would think most street racing is 1/8 mile. I thought it was funny the Chicago guys pull out a VHT spray rig. lol If I was gonna do that I would prep both lanes though... just to make it fair.

The Chi-guy who did not show up for the second race lost a lot of credibility among street racers and I'm sure in Chicago as well.

The Chi-guy who did not show up for the second race lost a lot of credibility among street racers and I'm sure in Chicago as well.

I don't agree with what he did but how many people want to race against his car anyway? So I say who cares... in 6 months no one will remember anyway.

They call it street racing but how many times have you seen them racing on a street. They race on a back road. They haul the cars to where they run, do the run and then load them back up on the trailer and haul them off. lol

Those are not street cars.