Street Outlaws

I stopped by and talked to Chuck, Dave, and Andrade on Saturday. The testing, the tickets, and the law is as real as it gets. The race night is also real no one takes a dive and it's on a public street in Tulsa, that's been closed off for filming.

What else did you expect them to say... it's BS? Of course they are going to tell you it's real.

Is it on tonight....or, has shark week taken over? Getting excited,
I want to see what Farmtruck'w capable of now. Should be a monster with 1500hp!

Real...fake...BS...fixed...who the hell knows and who the hell cares???
1. Real....the amount of power their cars make!!!
2. Real....the amount of $$$ they have invested in their cars!!!
3. Real....how fast their cars are...on the street!!!
4. Real....the entertainment...compared to most other shit on the idiot box.
5. Real....the fact that they must have real reputation in order to land a show such as they have.
6. Fake....( probably ) the arguments and aggression shown towards each other.
7. Fake....( maybe) the amounts of $$$ they bet when they go out of town.
8. Fake...the "test hits". Dominator, Andrade, Monza, and Derek never make test hits. They show up and race.
9. BS....the cops are in the dark...
10. BS....they are the fastest in the country. ( they are fast as hell, but during my time in the fastest street car world of the 90's and early 2000's... The Chicago Hitmen were the fastest by far.)
11. Fixed....who they let race for the list. That town must have 100's of guys with quick cars, but the "street" factor keeps them from trying for the list.
12. Fixed....the selected street they race on. Looks pretty prepped to me.

However you see it...they know what they are doing. Finding a group of racers, who really do what they do, as good as they do it, and are willing to do it...would be hard to find. The Import crowd does it most often, and there are some serious guys in the Vegas area. Convince the Import guys to be filmed for a show...no way. The amount they bet on races is insane and violence can break out at any moment. Too risky. The Vegas guys build insane sleepers where every little secret is kept and would not be nearly as entertaining. They spend huge $$$ on hiding the NOS system instead of just bolting it on and Fn' racing. It's way too much BS...for sure.
That leaves the OKC Boyz. They are down to earth guys who would fit right in with most any car guys...except Varley. That gold car is a complete POS:poop::vomit:. The last time that car was considered cool....Carter was President.
As for the racing and staged...it has to be for insurance reasons. Lets get real...the legal aspect of putting on a show like this is huge. I'm sure they are trying to keep the spirit of the "outlaw" aspect for the cool factor.
The acting is terrible but funny as hell. Farmtruck and AZN are complete idiots:cool:...in a good way.

Real...fake...BS...fixed...who the hell knows and who the hell cares???
1. Real....the amount of power their cars make!!!
2. Real....the amount of $$$ they have invested in their cars!!!
3. Real....how fast their cars are...on the street!!!
4. Real....the entertainment...compared to most other shit on the idiot box.
5. Real....the fact that they must have real reputation in order to land a show such as they have.
6. Fake....( probably ) the arguments and aggression shown towards each other.
7. Fake....( maybe) the amounts of $$$ they bet when they go out of town.
8. Fake...the "test hits". Dominator, Andrade, Monza, and Derek never make test hits. They show up and race.
9. BS....the cops are in the dark...
10. BS....they are the fastest in the country. ( they are fast as hell, but during my time in the fastest street car world of the 90's and early 2000's... The Chicago Hitmen were the fastest by far.)
11. Fixed....who they let race for the list. That town must have 100's of guys with quick cars, but the "street" factor keeps them from trying for the list.
12. Fixed....the selected street they race on. Looks pretty prepped to me.

However you see it...they know what they are doing. Finding a group of racers, who really do what they do, as good as they do it, and are willing to do it...would be hard to find. The Import crowd does it most often, and there are some serious guys in the Vegas area. Convince the Import guys to be filmed for a show...no way. The amount they bet on races is insane and violence can break out at any moment. Too risky. The Vegas guys build insane sleepers where every little secret is kept and would not be nearly as entertaining. They spend huge $$$ on hiding the NOS system instead of just bolting it on and Fn' racing. It's way too much BS...for sure.
That leaves the OKC Boyz. They are down to earth guys who would fit right in with most any car guys...except Varley. That gold car is a complete POS:poop::vomit:. The last time that car was considered cool....Carter was President.
As for the racing and staged...it has to be for insurance reasons. Lets get real...the legal aspect of putting on a show like this is huge. I'm sure they are trying to keep the spirit of the "outlaw" aspect for the cool factor.
The acting is terrible but funny as hell. Farmtruck and AZN are complete idiots:cool:...in a good way.

I've been street racing in Vegas since 2001 and I don't know one car that could make it past #6 on that list. Who are you referring to?

I've been street racing in Vegas since 2001 and I don't know one car that could make it past #6 on that list. Who are you referring to?
Sorry, no names. Back when the NMCA"Fastest Street Car Shootout" was gaining speed around the country, a few guys showed up from that area. They were telling stories about how secret guys would keep their set ups. Hiding NOS and running multiple mufflers to quiet big horsepower. Bench seat sleepers with dog dish hubcaps capable of running 10 sec 1/4 miles...which was very fast in the mid 90's.
My comment was aimed at the reason OKC got chosen for the series...there are not a ton of areas with a big "STREET RACE" scene.
I have a cousin in Sacramento and get the street scene from him. It's pretty good in his area, but not even close to OKC.

Would be cool. My guess is the top TSO cars in the country would fall into the upper middle of that list though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm not familiar with the term TSO, but it had better lay down at minimum a 4.70 660', on the street, to make it anywhere close to the top 5.

What is TSO?

Nevermind I found the sticky post that has the list of TSO cars running 8.99 or better.

I don't see a car on that post ready for the top half of that list, especially when you consider the #4 car on the OKC list shut it down at the 660 mark and coasted to a slip faster than any TSO car on that list.

No way a turbo 6 could compete in the top 5, however I'll bet a TSO car would do just fine sticking between the 7-10 spot.

So true. It's all about 60ft in these races. Those Nitrous cars like Monza and Dave are going to be nearly impossible to beat as long as they get out of the hole clean. Just not enough room in the 1/8 mile to reel them back in.