Street Outlaws

I think Chief meant that Turbos are the future because they are overtaking the nitrous and supercharged cars in the Outlaw race series. Not to mention the technology has advanced as well as engine components are better to handle the serious boost of today. Take an LS engine. Cant blow those mofo's up..heheh..

When you get as fast as these guys are the word street means racing on a dirty unprepped city road.
Talk to Kent Rudbeck, he raced in the outlaw class years ago. His car was a twin turbo T-Type. He was beating those guys hands down and was getting complaints that his car was a few hundred pounds lighter. They didnt want to admit defeat to a V6. He added weight and still kicked their ass. That was back before people started turbo charging cars. They were all blower and nitrous cars. Chief is right, turbos are the future. But they are also the past. With the F.A.S.T systems now they can be tuned to put mega horse power down and still be streetable. Hell when I got into buicks it was absolutely unheard of running big turbos and being streetable. Too much lag, too loose a converter and still built boost sooo slow. Now you can run an 88 and spool it almost instantly. Technology today..

Now you can run an 88 and spool it almost instantly. Technology today..
maybe with a V8 but not a V6. aint no V6 spooling an 88mm up quick on the street. stage II or not. sure a lot faster then they use to spool but still not street worthy.

in every episode doing wat?
He's the 3rd guy who works at their shop...Midwest Perf.
He's with Chief and Shawn....in EVERY episode.
That's why all their cars are Satin Black in color...they are a team.
Makes perfect sense...Jeff is the "Fastest Street Car in the Drag Week series" and the other members of the team are the "Fastest Street Cars" actually racing on the streets....ironic.
Jeff Lutz.jpg

10481864_717213264984682_302723386449249911_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they all take boost out of the motor. its the street. thats how u get traction.
Do they? If the car is a track car, like Lutz's and Murillo's, then yes they do. If it's a street raced car, like Chief's and Murder's, then they don't...they run just enough to hook on the street cause that's the surface they race on with regularity.

Talk to Kent Rudbeck, he raced in the outlaw class years ago. His car was a twin turbo T-Type. He was beating those guys hands down and was getting complaints that his car was a few hundred pounds lighter. They didnt want to admit defeat to a V6. He added weight and still kicked their ass. That was back before people started turbo charging cars. They were all blower and nitrous cars. Chief is right, turbos are the future. But they are also the past. With the F.A.S.T systems now they can be tuned to put mega horse power down and still be streetable. Hell when I got into buicks it was absolutely unheard of running big turbos and being streetable. Too much lag, too loose a converter and still built boost sooo slow. Now you can run an 88 and spool it almost instantly. Technology today..
And lets not forget that this technology has also helped out the nitrous guys. Long gone are the days of using this NOS delay box.

nos_time_delay_box.jpg

He's the 3rd guy who works at their shop...Midwest Perf.
He's with Chief and Shawn....in EVERY episode.
That's why all their cars are Satin Black in color...they are a team.
Makes perfect sense...Jeff is the "Fastest Street Car in the Drag Week series" and the other members of the team are the "Fastest Street Cars" actually racing on the streets....ironic.
View attachment 243865
View attachment 243866
Chief's car is white now. One bad mofo....

Exactlyyyyyyy..... ;) Lutz has his own shop in PA.
Lutz spends a good amount of time in OKC. Dont know how much, cause I am not a baby sitter, but he is def in every show.
I've only met him once...a few years back. I was with some guys from Youngstown Ohio. Carl Rossler (from Youngstown) is a friend of my fathers and he built a few trannys for the OKC guys. Chief wears a ROSSLER hat in most episodes.

In the 90's and early 2000's (when I was younger)...we knew most of the competitors from the "World's Fastest Street Car Shoot-out". Stan Shaw, Mike Moran, Rod and Tina Saboury, Pat Musi, Jim Kolbrick, Larry Dyer...the list was endless. I fell out of that crowd when I put my blower car away to build a house. After that...it's been Buicks.
This show brings back some great memories of those days. My buddy was a young chassis designer for New Breed Lightning Racers in Youngstown Ohio. They built Kolbrick's car as well as Killer Brooks' Pro Mod. Wow....thats going back a few decades in the old memory banks....

Yup, seems he's been in every show since he suddenly appeared out of nowhere and raced Daddy Dave. I know he's built 3 of the turbo kits on the show but why he's still hanging around is the mystery. From what I've read, he may have had something to do with the show getting off the ground. Who knows.

It's a fun show and hopefully will continue to entertain us for a while.

Enjoyed the two hours last night and the new and improved Farm truck. He came damn close to beating the white turbo Stang.

Although it was the first episode where the guys seem to be out of $$$ only betting a whole $1. :ROFLMAO:

Crazy I wonder if the bank will give me a 100k to build a car!!! Thin strip it and file bankruptcy. Hee Hee!!!!

Gotta admit, Andrade's new setup is freaking awesome...

Awww snap, someone joined Yellow Bullet. :D

I hope he hurts a lot of feelings with the Cutty. That's one sweet G body!!!

The last episode was good. Chief's making his move, wonder if he's got enough for Daddy Dave.....