Street Outlaws

^

If the discovery Channel was paying you an ass load of money to have your car on the show.....would you care if the insurance company behind the

show puts safety standards in place to keep the discovery channel from being sued into oblivion if someone got hurt?

I wouldn't... I doubt the OKC guys care about it either.

If the discovery Channel was paying you an ass load of money...

The Discovery channel is not liable for what happens away from the production crew, and away from the set. Nobody is asking the Discovery Channel to sponsor illegal racing, but the fact remains, if OKC is going to claim the title of fastest street racers, then they need to prove it to those who literally follow what happens on the street, and those with an ear to the pavement, not to an average 9-5 worker who doesn't know one thing about an engine but is just looking to be entertained by Farmtruck and Azn's weekly antics. That is like the top UFC fighter claiming to be the greatest "street fighter" in the world, but continues to fight in an octagon with rules. Street fighting as well as street racing have no rules, and if your going to claim that publicly, then you need to prove it, factually, otherwise name the show properly, "Staged Outlaws"...

I talking set only.......the OKC guys aren't going to chase every 800 hp street car that claims they are faster every time they pop up....im sure if they are fast enough they would make it on the show......and have to follow the safety protocols to keep the show on the air.

But that is irrelevant though. There are guys in New York City, Florida, Chicago and California that claim to be the fastest, too. The Discovery Channel network is nothing more than a bunch of opportunists just like every other network out there, and they can care less who really is the fastest, they just want revenue, and OKC jumped on the bandwagon with their Dr. Pepper VHT in hand and sold out. If each character wants to get paid a grand an episode, as was confirmed by Doc in the Monte Carlo, with Big Chief of course getting more than that, that is their business. Not to mention the sponsors that back them up and give them free parts when they break down. I think it was absolutely silly to hear Sean (Murder Nova) imply that he might not be able to get a torque converter in his Nova in 24 hours with a lift, tools, and crew, when I can do it in four to five hours with jack-stands in the driveway by myself. Then there is Derick who cries he needs to work 60-70 hour work weeks to earn the funds to fix two cylinders in his big block, I mean give me a break. That is just the Discovery Channel's way of fabricating drama through improvisation...

When it comes to who is the fastest, they have no right to make that claim. I know guys from NYCE1's that will annihilate them on the street, but what good is it if OKC comes here to essentially "pick" who they want to run out of the challenging group. As for safety protocols, the show is essentially glorified street racing, and it creates the idea that their so called test runs are against the law, when they aren't. One girl gets caught one night with her Mustang testing with the Mid West crew with no license, no registration, and no insurance. She does not get taken in, her car is not impounded, and she gets a warning. I mean come on, who gets away with that? Do you honestly think the state of Oklahoma would not fire that police officer right on the spot, especially with a camera on them for the whole world to see? Understand that kids watch this show and think they can do the same thing and can care less about protocols which are stressed "once" in the beginning during each and every show, so the concept of so called safety protocols goes right out of the window, and seriously, how many kids out there really care about the moral of any story...

Bottom line, they bring their own mix of VHT to each and every run, so that isn't real street racing. They refuse to race these challenges at the track, so what exactly are people watching here? It's simply entertainment for the same type of people who think Jet Li will walk into any bar and beat the crap out of everybody in there at the same time, and Farmtruck is their Cinderalla story...

Wow, cant believe how worked up some of you guys get over a TV show lol....It's TV! NOTHING on TV is 100% factual and true, not even the nightly news. I street raced for a long time and no race is the same, every ones definition on what makes a "street car" or what a "street race" is will be different. Put the car on the street and it's a street race, period. Is OKC the fastest, probably not, but it's just shit talking, that is another big part of street racing, always has been, every crew or set will claim they are fastest but the old saying goes, there is always someone out there faster. Anyone can claim whatever they want. I'm the fastest Turbo Regal within a 1 mile radius of my house and my car isn't even drivable right now lol. The OKC boys are, or at least were, big street racers who made a name for themselves who happened to get a TV show. As far as what's fake/staged in the show, who the hell cares. The cars are real, the horse power is real, the races are real, and it's on real streets, it's entertainment that is better than 99% of the other reality crap out there, done.

I saw this vid years ago. Here is a less bs shorter version with a different angle. Pretty bad ass.

I saw this vid years ago. Here is a less bs shorter version with a different angle. Pretty bad ass.

Never ceases to amaze me how close people stand to the race. Just this year at bowling green there was plenty of cars close to the wall. Crazy.

some reason some people get off on that when they use the race on 78 in New Jersey they were always two feet from the cars never could understand that!!