SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

With the tr6 I don't recall putting power to d11. It was power to the orange wire of the 2 step which is the trigger.

If you have 12v to D11, it will shut off closed loop correction. You need to double check what you did, as it sounds like you sent 12v to D11 all the time (instead of only when the 2-step is active).

I agree, it does sound like that but all I did was tap into the trigger wire and send a leg over to d11. I believe it was doing it intermittently before the bailey 2 step install as well. I will try to take a ride this evening and get a log. Doesnt the sd2 come set with closed loop off as a default? Maybe it reset itself again and my tune is gone? Guess it's all speculation without a log.

Just put the laptop on the car, tune is gone, everything set to default (and I didn't save the tune, mostly cuz I'm an idiot and don't know how). It either reset while the ecm was disconnected during 2 step install (just unplugged the top 2 connectors, didn't disturb powerlogger) or the electrical gnomes are at it again.

Eric, if you read this, can you give a step by step refresher course on loading and saving tunes? The instructions are pretty vague regarding ve/spark table editing and such. Also, will it just save/load changes made to the ve, target afr and spark tables or will it save the parameters in the blm grid as well? I appreciate your time!

There's not much of a procedure for saving and loading tunes. As long as you have your laptop plugged into the Powerlogger, use these buttons. "Dnld/Save file" to save, "upload" to load a tune back into the PL.

Capture961.JPG

It will not currently save the BLM grid parameters, so write those down. But you can also see where they were set in a previous log.

Thanks very much! So if I open a saved tune with the Pl connected/key on, it will replace the current tune with the opened one? Now that the weather is cooling off at night and the car is making big power, I'm excited to get back to tweaking!

well, the SD2 is a somewhat fancy (ok, expensive) system compared to standard chips. So it lends itself to the guys that are "into" tuning, as well as the racers.

and its a pretty recent development.

So, I think 60 is pretty good. The popularity will increase as more people see what it can do.

Bob

It would be nice if there was an add on controler/readout similar to the edash. With auto connectivity, logging and tune storing.
But for 60 ppl. Eeeeehhh!!!

there are some developments with tablets and stuff going on right now, so these kinds of things are coming.

there may only be 60 or so SD2's (its probably higher now...), but these kinds of things help all the PL users, and there are LOTS of those.

Bob

It would be nice if there was an add on controler/readout similar to the edash. With auto connectivity, logging and tune sto
there are some developments with tablets and stuff going on right now, so these kinds of things are coming.

there may only be 60 or so SD2's (its probably higher now...), but these kinds of things help all the PL users, and there are LOTS of those.

Bob

Cool.

Or even better a replacement gauge cluster

I have been using the SD2 chip since May. The fact that I have access to the VE table and Spark table is a game changer. After getting a tighter convertor my spool up was really slow. A few degrees of timing and adjusting of the AFR and VE table and it nows spools from 0psi to 24 psi in about .5 seconds. This is the next best thing before an xfi or BS3. Only easier....

Just upgraded to 72 lbs injectors. During the tuning process I noticed several instances where the CF on the scan master was lower than 115, as low as 92... I thought 10% was the max the chip would pull out. If you look at the attached power logger file around frame 2975 you can see where 27% is being pulled. Is this new or a glitch?

Attachments

• Steve 72 lbs injectors cruise.dat
    646.9 KB · Views: 87