SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

If you have a 2-step, normally you want to disable closed loop correction while the 2-step is activated. If you connect 12v to the D11 pin at the ECM, it will disable closed loop. D11 is an unused terminal at the ECM and there should be no wire there. You have to connect one. Normally you use the same 12v source that you used to activate the 2-step.

If you have a 2-step, normally you want to disable closed loop correction while the 2-step is activated. If you connect 12v to the D11 pin at the ECM, it will disable closed loop. D11 is an unused terminal at the ECM and there should be no wire there. You have to connect one. Normally you use the same 12v source that you used to activate the 2-step.
Awesome thank u

This is going out there for people having frustrating issues with losing setting in the chip, unexplained car running like crap (only to find settings changed). I replaced my ECM connectors (cut the old wires one at a time, tinned the existing engine harness wire, also tinned the new matching connector wire, slipped on a heat shrink tube then soldered them together and shrunk the tube over the splice) and all my problems/issues went away. John of Caspers had a explanation for this, the age of the wiring and connectors. Hoping this information will help someone else out there. While we are talking about the power logger and ECM I find it necessary to open up the ECM after each season and place new velcro strips on the boards to help hold the power logger on the old ecm board. I believe the heat releases the adhesive from the back sides of the velcro strips, which can allow crazy things to happen if your piggyback power logger board is slipping off the motherboard.
On a side note I decided to upgrading my 3 bar MAP sensor to a AEM 3.5 bar as I have heard that the accuracy is higher and with running SD tuning I thought it was worth the money. A big thank you going out there to Eric and Bob for a wonderful product in the SD2 chip.

Chuck

I got my SD2 chip a few weeks ago and have been working with it. I previously ran a TT 6.1. I have been posting questions on this site and also Erics forum. This is a double post because I also posted these following questions to the TT forum.
Where can I find my base settings for wot timing in 1/2 and 3/4 gear? Car is running good so I made a short wot burst and my wot timing was 26.8 in 2nd gear when I looked at log. When I click over to spark table the bubble is hovering around 19 degrees. I have flexfuel turned off (0 in option box). Thats too high for wot. Is the SPK_alc adding timing? If I want to set the SPK_alc table to all 0.00 do I need to click upload afterwards with pl connected and key on? I also saw a graph for commanded spark advance on pl when I first looked at log but now I dont see it? Thanks

I got my SD2 chip a few weeks ago and have been working with it. I previously ran a TT 6.1. I have been posting questions on this site and also Erics forum. This is a double post because I also posted these following questions to the TT forum.
Where can I find my base settings for wot timing in 1/2 and 3/4 gear? Car is running good so I made a short wot burst and my wot timing was 26.8 in 2nd gear when I looked at log. When I click over to spark table the bubble is hovering around 19 degrees. I have flexfuel turned off (0 in option box). Thats too high for wot. Is the SPK_alc adding timing? If I want to set the SPK_alc table to all 0.00 do I need to click upload afterwards with pl connected and key on? I also saw a graph for commanded spark advance on pl when I first looked at log but now I dont see it? Thanks

Eric replied to me on his TT forum. Heres his reponse for an fyi.

Zero out the SPL_alc table. It is still active any time you increase the fuel composition parameter, and it adds to the main table.

Anyone know if I change cell 4 on the data screen to 110 from 097, it should still correct to 11 afr at wot instead of using the afr table. Am I correct?

I sure hope Eric and bob will continue to improve on the sd2 stuff like add feature refine stuff ect. I’m sure they are super busy with there new standalone deal but they can’t forget About us SD2 guys :) . Is there any new updates on PL ? Right now I believe I’m running 2.6.8 is that the most current revision?