SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

You must be using the narrowband correction, which allows a wider range of correction. Once you get up in boost, it won't allow that much.

By the way, what is the part# on those injectors?

You must be using the narrowband correction, which allows a wider range of correction. Once you get up in boost, it won't allow that much.

By the way, what is the part# on those injectors?

Had to put my old injectors back in as these were low impedance (seller said they were high...). Anyway, I uploaded my last cal file (learned that the BLM table doesn't follow uploads and downloads) and now I I have sections of my tune where the scanmaster CF flat lines at 140 (9.4%). It seems to be in the narrowband tracking section. The chip is adding 9.4% and it's still leaner than requested AFR (14.7 in AFR table and with the 9.4% I'm getting about 15.1 on the WB). Any ideas?

So went for a ride at lunch today to troubleshoot this.

1. Unplugged the orange wire for 20 seconds.
2. Loaded an older cal file

Both of those had no results still getting a flat line of CF =140 on scan master.

3. Turned off NB correction

Once I did this the CF would go above 140 on the scan master. So I think it may be a NB tracking issue??

Here is a log of the CF going to 140 (9.4%) and flat lining there.

Any ideas?

Steve

Attachments

• Steve 60 lbs after 72 b.dat
    899.3 KB · Views: 154
So went for a ride at lunch today to troubleshoot this.

1. Unplugged the orange wire for 20 seconds.
2. Loaded an older cal file

Both of those had no results still getting a flat line of CF =140 on scan master.

3. Turned off NB correction

Once I did this the CF would go above 140 on the scan master. So I think it may be a NB tracking issue??

Here is a log of the CF going to 140 (9.4%) and flat lining there.

Any ideas?

Steve

One additional thing is that even with WB correction it's adding a lot of fuel. So both NB and WB tracking are now adding fuel to a tune that was spot on?

Now I'm wondering if during the injector install there may be an obstruction blocking the fuel??

Now I'm wondering if during the injector install there may be an obstruction blocking the fuel??

Can someone please look at this dat file see why my tune tables are so jacked up. They look right when connnected to the powerlogger. Also, when i try to record a log at WOT it will stop recording around 20 mph. look at the end of the file. this is what my tables look like when it shuts off.

Attachments

• pl cuts off at 20 mph.dat
    105.8 KB · Views: 122
I cannot see the tune in that file. Might be corrupted since it was cut off. Make sure all connections are good, and ECM grounds are good.

How does one view a log? Are they saved as DAT files.

upload_2015-3-9_21-57-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-9_21-31-43.png
    upload_2015-3-9_21-31-43.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 185
ok, let 'splain it a little.

the injector offset is a small amount of extra pulsewidth that is added to the calculated "base" pulsewidth in order to correct for the fact that the injector does not open instantaneously. if you want xx grams
of fuel shot in, and calculate y miliseconds to deliver that fuel, the actual pulsewidth needs to be a little more, since the injector needs a little time to snap open.

the amount of offset required varies by the type of injector, and impedance/drive strategy and the voltage available.

now, the SD2 has several offset curves in it (the actual offset depends on the ignition voltage, so there is a curve) which is selected by the offset parameter, and you can adjust slightly from the preset curve.

if you set the offset to 25, you get offset table 2 (the 10's digit picks the table), and no 'tweak' (5 is the middle of the adjustment range) 26 is table 2 and a little more, 27 is a little more than 26, 24 is table 2, but a little less....

and so on.

some of this make sense?

the bottom line is if the offset is too small, the idle will be lean and the tip in will be lean. I tune the offset so that the idle is ~ reasonable then tune the tip-in after.

Bob

Love this thread! Thanks Bob

Question: Extended cranking with cold engine.... (E85)

I think it's lean during cold cranking. But OK during warm cranking. Add fuel to parameter 11 and leave cranking fuel trim alone?

Param 11 (cold start) is for when the engine is already running, so you wouldn't adjust that.

You can try to adjust cranking fuel up or down to see what works best. However, sometimes it's difficult to get around it with E85. It's better with better atomizing injectors, like the siemens 60's and 80's. Worse with the 120's.

Eric's right. E85 can in some cases be problematic when starting, even in modern day flex fuel vehicles designed to run the stuff!

I need to try and get it closer to what my old SD1 chip did. It started up quite a bit better when cold.