SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

What brand wideband are you running? And I'm assuming you are using the map sensor that came with your razor alky kit? Lot of eerie similarities between our cars- hopefully one of us will get to the bottom of it. What really hit home is how you had a spot on tune before and now it's pulling all kinds of fuel- mine is identical. After I confirmed all my connections and grounds I kinda started all over and retuned. Go it running 80 percent as good as it was last year. Problem hasn't come back, but I've only put on a couple hundred miles since, been way too busy to wrench or drive.

AEM wideband and yes to razors MAP sensor. This morning I went in and "retuned" my VE table at idle and got it close to pulling no fuel. I'm like you though. I'm worried about rest of the tune and need to get some miles on it.

What brand wideband are you running? And I'm assuming you are using the map sensor that came with your razor alky kit? Lot of eerie similarities between our cars- hopefully one of us will get to the bottom of it. What really hit home is how you had a spot on tune before and now it's pulling all kinds of fuel- mine is identical. After I confirmed all my connections and grounds I kinda started all over and retuned. Go it running 80 percent as good as it was last year. Problem hasn't come back, but I've only put on a couple hundred miles since, been way too busy to wrench or drive.

Are you using NB tracking as well as WB? I am so I wanted to see how similar we are.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/intermittant-issue-sd2-caught-a-log-finally-please-help.414273/

Check out this thread, I had/have the same issue. I checked all my connections and re seated the pl board on the ecm, so far so good but I hesitate to call it "fixed" since I haven't been driving it much.

ive put about 800 miles on car since this post and everything was good.fri night went to go to car show and it did it again.the sensor readings were all over place,wouldnt start.so im looking into the grounds i have on the intake.thinking of connecting the pl while ignition is on but car is off.then im going to start removing the grounds one by one and see if i can pinpoint one,thats causing this issue.

I've been down this ground path before. I gotta believe mine are sound. Additionally, when I was fighting a ground problem my graph traces on the PLC were noisy and I don't see that now.

Grab a log when you can and email or post the good and the bad ones, so we can dig deeper.

Bob

Here is the file (Steve map 34 diag 2.dat) from this morning. Starting in frame 1125, or so, you can see it starts pulling out max fuel to get to the AFR. That's just about when it goes into closed loop. It also seems that it is running rich in open loop in the beginning of the log. In that area the NB is in the .800v range and the WB is 14s. The tune used to be pretty spot on so I'm not sure what happened. The second file is an older one when I was playing with the tune for AC and no AC. Already I can see a possible reason for the problem. A bunch of my parameters on the parameter page are different between the old and new file. The new file may have numbers from a log that a friend sent me and I reviewed for him. Is it possible that his parameters made it into my tune? Anybody else seen a bug like that?

Attachments

• steve mal 34 diag 2.dat
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • Steve cruise with no ac.dat
    485.8 KB · Views: 97
in the mal34 file, your IAC is a bit high.

There is some fuel added in the calculation based on IAC, to help prevent park->drive shift stalls I'm not sure how much it would add for that IAC amount (its in the chip code, so Eric will have to chime in)

still digging otherwise.

I see some data glitches, are you making tuning changes during that log?

Bob

I'm not sure if I was tuning with that file. If I did it would've only been the cells at idle. So, 40-60 kpa at 800-1000 rpm cells. I'll work on setting the iac after work today.

The IAC should be set to approximately 15 in park, warmed up, as a starting point. The IAC fuel compensation stops adding fuel above 30 steps IAC. Since your IAC is up in the 45 area or higher, the IAC fuel compensation will never work as intended, and the idle fuel calculation will add about 7% fuel all the time.

Thanks. I'll work on iac tonight. Any idea why my parameters would change out to someone else's?

In gear, mine idles at 50 kpa, in park it idles at 35 kpa.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

So I've got my IAC at 15. I will make a run and log tomorrow. Any news on why parameters would change after reviewing someone else's log? It has happened to me with WB gauges as well (meaning I have read logs from someone else that has a different WB then when I take my laptop to my car and hook it up to the PL I have to change the WB setting back to my WB). Has anyone else seen this?

So I've got my IAC at 15. I will make a run and log tomorrow. Any news on why parameters would change after reviewing someone else's log? It has happened to me with WB gauges as well (meaning I have read logs from someone else that has a different WB then when I take my laptop to my car and hook it up to the PL I have to change the WB setting back to my WB). Has anyone else seen this?
i forgot to change the 2 bar map setting on my pl one time after looking at another persons file,with a different one ,and when i connect to mine it instantly put it in my car.wouldnt run.

the latest versions of PLC are supposed to handle that stuff, but its starting to sound like there is a bug in there somewhere.

when you view a log, the analog settings (the F3 page stuff) are loaded from the logfile if they are there so that the log data will look right (older logs did not have them), the top titlebar in PLC will say "analog settings loaded from log". but when you connect, PLC should then reload your own settings from the INI file.

I need to go back thru the process and make sure there are no issues......

Bob

Finally got my flex fuel sensor in and it feels like it's running great. But based on Eric's post, I definitely need to do some tuning. IAC is running around 50 and I have a lot of areas that have -10 af correction.

New issue: my cf stays locked at 128 and wideband readings are super rich- went for a 30 mile drive the other night and it never moved. I hadn't made any changes other than installing 2 step (which is a blast to play with!). my tune was pretty close before, only thing i can think of is putting power to pin d11 with the 2 step active may have done something? Of course didnt have laptop with me to gather data. Getting frustrated with car

If you have 12v to D11, it will shut off closed loop correction. You need to double check what you did, as it sounds like you sent 12v to D11 all the time (instead of only when the 2-step is active).