Random Questions

okay

whats the diffrence between internally balanced and externally balanced

and

on center and off center related to our engines both CT and SFI??

:rolleyes:
You have answered both of your own questions..... Leave it at that, don't dig anymore.

Here is a freebie.. No production drawthru's were ever on center that goes for all the years.
You had to buy the on center block.

:rolleyes:
You have answered both of your own questions..... Leave it at that, don't dig anymore.

Here is a freebie.. No production drawthru's were ever on center that goes for all the years.
You had to buy the on center block.

well i was on the TA performance website and I was looking at thier cranks. some were for internally balanced, and some were for externally balanced engines. a few of ther other parts had that option as well.

why not dig some more??

well i was on the TA performance website and I was looking at thier cranks. some were for internally balanced, and some were for externally balanced engines. a few of ther other parts had that option as well.

why not dig some more??

All the original Buick V6 that were RWD are factory external balanced. At the power level you're at you'll never need a TA block or a forged crank. Believe me.:biggrin:

All the original Buick V6 that were RWD are factory external balanced. At the power level you're at you'll never need a TA block or a forged crank. Believe me.:biggrin:

OINO that for a definite fact, unless your Aj... boy i kinda miss him...:( (no homo:redface: i should give him a call...

hey if you get the time... take a look at my thread in the lounge... I need your OP...

I painted the door handles, key locks and fixed my center caps:biggrin: I need a new license plate cover, stupid walmart pump decided to spill gas allover it... the tank wasn't even full:rolleyes:

1001323q.jpg

There are a couple sites that make new ones, but they are pricy... I keep forgetting to pull some from the 84/87s I find when I go to the bone yards and the rear wind trim too... I`m not sure if those fillers would fit or not, but its worth a shot.

There are a couple sites that make new ones, but they are pricy... I keep forgetting to pull some from the 84/87s I find when I go to the bone yards and the rear wind trim too... I`m not sure if those fillers would fit or not, but its worth a shot.
They wont fit were stuck with the pricey new ones, Cant even find a front filler for a 80 header panel lucky for me the 79 one off the car kinda of fits. Anyboy know of a repo 1980 font bumper filler?

The salvage yard I go to has a decent selection of 78-80 cars. If I find any decent ones and remember next time im out there I could pull some off if anyone wants.

I forgot last time. They dont charge much for em for what I know, like $15 a set last time I was there for decent ones off a cutlass wagon.

If you can get rear fillers 78-80 and rear window trim 78-87/clips would be nice too... You would make my life much easier:biggrin:

Any new pics of your ride?

what kind of valve cover gaskets are you guys using, i got some felpro rubber ones, but i think the cork would hold out in extreme temps better.

Fel pro permadries are te best one out there. They are blue coated rubber on a steel core. Corks are junk, I had them before and leeked out.

I know theres a bunch of 78/79 ones but not sure on the 80's. Ill look.

Permadry and the thick cork are find. If you get the normal cork they'll hold up for a while but not that long. Been there done that.

if you find a set or 84/87 rear fillers get them i need a pair.

Permadry and the thick cork are find. If you get the normal cork they'll hold up for a while but not that long. Been there done that.

wow.... just wow... took the valve cover off today and i think i found possible source of valve tap, one of the valvesprings is misaligned and slightly wobbly. I disconnected the coil from atop the distributor and turned the car over to discover this problem.