Random Questions

Pulled the turbo setup off? Thats quite a job. And put permadries on both sides, you can't tighten them up when the turbos on so it makes sense to put some money into them. Id replace the turbo gaskets while your at it too. Foot and EGR gaskets.

Did any of those 78-80`s have taillights on them? I need new ones... I prefer the 78s over the others, but doesn't really matter at this point:rolleyes: You could make some money off the 78-80 parts, especially the blinker/running light lenses... there are people asking me daily on YouTube, where they can find new ones. I say to them... good luck:biggrin:

Well I got lucky today at the salvage yard. Picked up another Jeep steering shaft and as I was wandering around in the heat, saw a Grand Prix sitting there. Gues what I got today.:biggrin:

How about an a mint aluminum core support and it only cost me $31.98.:eek::cool:

Yeah some people say the that the 25lbs you pick up from those doesn't add up but when your replacing the core support and know where an alum one is its almost stupid not to change it.

The top header panel mounting locations are off on mine but otherwise it bolts right it, at least so far.

You got a better deal then me. Mine was around $50 and the front latch area was cracked. Got $100 in by the time it was welded and drove back but it is still cool.

Well I'm debating whether or not to sell it for some change. I contacted one of my friends in Waco and Jerry asked if it was for him or not.:biggrin:
I told him to make an offer and we'll see.:rolleyes:

Well I got lucky today at the salvage yard. Picked up another Jeep steering shaft and as I was wandering around in the heat, saw a Grand Prix sitting there. Gues what I got today.:biggrin:

How about an a mint aluminum core support and it only cost me $31.98.:eek::cool:

nice find

That`s about what they are going for. I have been thinking about using a 81-87 rear bumper and cutting it to fit and the front too.

Finally got my arse out to the garage and took the pistons out of motor #2...
100_1768.jpg
100_1769.jpg
100_1770.jpg
Well, I guess 30 over it is...
100_1767.jpg
Anyone have a set of 30 over pistons for boosted motor?

Pistons and BTM...

I would like to get forged pistons, but they are not cheap... is it too risky to use cast alum? Also need a BTM if anyone has one?

jase look on ebay for forged pistons. i found a set real cheap. well cheap for forged pistons. :tongue:

Are you planning on running the improved turbo design or the stock one Jase. I've got a set of light weight forged .030 I can sell for $200 plus shipping if you're interested. They're old stock but never used.