Random Questions

Stock for now, blow-threw down the road. When my refund check for my financial aid(motor money:biggrin:) gets in(sometime in Oct.), I will take you up on that offer... do they have rings?

Then after I get the motor cleaned and bored...
Cam
Lifters
BTM
Rod bearings
Main bearings
Then the exhaust and anything else I might be missing. Hopefully I can get it all in one shot or it will sit even longer.

Well since Charlie didn't need a flywheel anymore, I thought I would put it to use myself... I took it out of the box and painted it.
100_1785.jpg
100_1787.jpg

Well, I`m itching to get this motor out and get to work on it... I want to replace the main and rod bearings and see if that solves the oil pressure problem.

so what your saying is i am stuck with what i got.
i hate the little clips they always fly somewhere.
:mad:

And everyone asked why I'm planning on going external.:biggrin: There really is a reason I chose the direction I took with the car.:)

And everyone asked why I'm planning on going external.:biggrin: There really is a reason I chose the direction I took with the car.:)

i might end up doing the same thing.
what i will do in the mean time is use a stock 86/87 wastegate and switch the adjustable one out. this way the adjustable is set at 20 and the stock one at 8. to adjust it each time is a pain. its easier to just swap out the whole wastegate.
btw charlie what do you think i can push the 301 to with no alky?

i might end up doing the same thing.
what i will do in the mean time is use a stock 86/87 wastegate and switch the adjustable one out. this way the adjustable is set at 20 and the stock one at 8. to adjust it each time is a pain. its easier to just swap out the whole wastegate.
btw charlie what do you think i can push the 301 to with no alky?

You don't need 2 waste gates Matt. You need the controler like I posted the pic of. You set the waste gate to the normal pressure you plan to run and then change the controler to get higher pressure if you want it.:)

Do you mean no alky or no NOS Matt?

You don't need 2 waste gates Matt. You need the controler like I posted the pic of. You set the waste gate to the normal pressure you plan to run and then change the controler to get higher pressure if you want it.:)

Do you mean no alky or no NOS Matt?

let me get this right.. i can use a stock wastegate set at 8 pounds and use your controler to get the 20 when i need it? so where do i get that controler.
yes no alky and no NOS. for regular street driving whats the max?

let me get this right.. i can use a stock wastegate set at 8 pounds and use your controler to get the 20 when i need it? so where do i get that controler.

Simple search Matt. Mine has 2 parts to it. The valve with the T handle on it is what changes the boost and the other part is what keeps the boost from spiking.:biggrin:

boost controller | eBay

yes no alky and no NOS. for regular street driving whats the max?

I really wouldn't run with out the alky unless you have a really good handle on the possible knock issues. With just the alky you should be able to get very low 13's or maybe high 12's.:cool:

Simple search Matt. Mine has 2 parts to it. The valve with the T handle on it is what changes the boost and the other part is what keeps the boost from spiking.:biggrin:

boost controller | eBay

I really wouldn't run with out the alky unless you have a really good handle on the possible knock issues. With just the alky you should be able to get very low 13's or maybe high 12's.:cool:

so stick with 8 pounds on the street?
dont try to push 10 pounds for daily driving? correct?

I`m having one hell of a time trying to figure out whats wrong with my headlights... they went out back in Sept. and I have gone through the car several times. The diagram I printed off ALLDATA isn't very helpful since it doesn't label what the wires are in the headlight switch... the headlights are not getting any power(green wire), fuses are good, replaced the switch(witch was unneeded:rolleyes:), wires look ok... maybe a problem with the fuse box? or the connector on the firewall? I`ll look at that tomorrow... this sucks a**:mad:

First things first. See if the switch has power getting to it. If it does is power getting out of it? If it is then you need to trace it from there to see where it's stopping.

Well I didn't find the problem, but luckily I know a thing or two about wiring :)... I found out the fuse link for my fog lights was bad, fixed it and then wired them to my head lights... Works for now:biggrin: