Random Questions

FlintBuick4Life

CHINAmerica...
Okay, I decided to make a thread for random questions, so I and other B4B members can ask their questions without filling up other peoples threads with all kinds of random nonsense:biggrin:

I will start... I need to know how to wire up my ESC to my '78`s wiring harness, but it has a N/A harness, so will it even have the 2 wires(Green/Orange) that I need? or Will I have to wire it up myself?

and who sells the best and who sells the most affordable boost gauges?

I will start... I need to know how to wire up my ESC to my '78`s wiring harness, but it has a N/A harness, so will it even have the 2 wires(Green/Orange) that I need? or Will I have to wire it up myself?

and who sells the best and who sells the most affordable boost gauges?

2be honest.... the hell i Know:biggrin: I think i have an NA wiring harness in my car.

I know someone knows.

Well, here is some of the stuff I got... the camera kept dieing, so I didn`t get a lot of pics:rolleyes:

You think it looks dirty now? You shouda seen it when I got it home... looked like a ball of black tar:eek:
1001152y.jpg

I put the hood on the car tonight to see how it looked... much better:biggrin:
It was caked in mud/dirt/oil... so thick and dried on, I had to use the buffer on it for 2hrs with soap, water, grease and wax remover, lacquer thinner, rubbing compound, scratch remover and finally wax:rolleyes: idk why, I`m just going to repaint it anyway:biggrin:
1001148.jpg

I hope I can get an aluminum intake from Aj, cause the fker is heavy:mad: Has a PERV and knock sensor tho:biggrin: I sprayed it down with carb cleaner, that`s why its all rusty.
1001147f.jpg

That`s all the pics I got right now, I will get more tomorrow.

I know someone knows.

Well, here is some of the stuff I got... the camera kept dieing, so I didn`t get a lot of pics:rolleyes:

You think it looks dirty now? You shouda seen it when I got it home... looked like a ball of black tar:eek:
1001152y.jpg

I put the hood on the car tonight to see how it looked... much better:biggrin:
It was caked in mud/dirt/oil... so thick and dried on, I had to use the buffer on it for 2hrs with soap, water, grease and wax remover, lacquer thinner, rubbing compound, scratch remover and finally wax:rolleyes: idk why, I`m just going to repaint it anyway:biggrin:
1001148.jpg

I hope I can get an aluminum intake from Aj, cause the fker is heavy:mad: Has a PERV and knock sensor tho:biggrin: I sprayed it down with carb cleaner, that`s why its all rusty.
1001147f.jpg

That`s all the pics I got right now, I will get more tomorrow.

a little eastwood carb renew will make that carb look like new.
now that you waxed that hood you know its now going to be a pain in the rear to paint.
not a bad looking intake all you need to do is sand blast it and give it a coat of paint. it will look as good as new. as you said i would get a alum one from A.j

a little eastwood carb renew will make that carb look like new.
now that you waxed that hood you know its now going to be a pain in the rear to paint.
not a bad looking intake all you need to do is sand blast it and give it a coat of paint. it will look as good as new. as you said i would get a alum one from A.j

Who sells that carb cleaner? I never seen it anywhere before. I`m going to paint the intake to look like aluminum or red to match the heads... even if I don`t use it.

It's not a problem Jase. as far as the carb renew, it's not a cleaner as much as a coating. Once you have the metal clean you spray it on.

You do know that the ports on the heads were increased in size after 1978? Make sure you match them up year-wise. Do you know what year the intake is?

If you can get an aluminum 1980 intake, you should swap heads to a 1979 and later set. You will also need to deal with relocating the knock sensor to the block (where there is no hole on a 1978).

You do know that the ports on the heads were increased in size after 1978? Make sure you match them up year-wise. Do you know what year the intake is?

If you can get an aluminum 1980 intake, you should swap heads to a 1979 and later set. You will also need to deal with relocating the knock sensor to the block (where there is no hole on a 1978).

Yep, I know. The motor I have now is out of a '79 SC, the heads are off a '85 SFI(8445) and this intake I just got is a '79... any of the old original '78 stuff is long gone now.

I forgot that my uncle had the '79 class C heads ported... so I might swap them back around and then port the 8445s for when I get a Weiand intake for B/T:biggrin:

Do I have to replace the head gaskets every time I remove the heads? I`m guessing yes, but it doesn`t hurt to ask:biggrin:

Spices up the pic don't it! I'm sure he will find out real quick that exhaust come out of the EGR tube when he fires it up.

Has anyone tried to make a c/t intake out of an SFI intake? dont see why it wouldnt work.