Random Questions

Haven`t we all at some point?:biggrin:

What do you guys think of this?... kinda looks like the B4B boost gauge, but actually useful:rolleyes: and look at the price:eek:
STEWART WARNER TURBOPAC TURBO BOOST VACUUM GAUGE - NEW: eBay Motors (item 290478575571 end time Sep-28-10 17:30:16 PDT)

Is this an ok BTM to use?...
MSD Ignition 5462 - MSD Boost Timing Master Ignitions - Overview - SummitRacing.com

for that guage.......

what a wierd way of recording measurement,.... who uses in/hg of pressure?

A.j.

Is a BTM really necessary? i was told that if you get your motor timed well, that an expensive btm isnt necessary.

It's not nessisary but it's cheap insurance. This way you don't have to rely on puter to control everything.

The take them off and have them repaired kid. If you're planning on a new engine then do themwhile the car is down.

i was trying to go Bt, plus the ones ive got are cracked.
ok i get it. well if you want i can send you the directions on how to make a blowthru carb. just send me a pm with your address. i already sent it to jase.
if you want to go that way according to the holley book the easyest thing to do is build a box around the carb and pressurize the whole carb. then all you have to do is change the floats and some small things. but shoot me a pm with your address and i can copy the pages and send them to you.

The take them off and have them repaired kid. If you're planning on a new engine then do themwhile the car is down.

X2

i was trying to go Bt, plus the ones ive got are cracked.

Take them off and weld them up... I had to do that with my '85 headers.

Charlie; I will have to keep an eye out.

Matt; Thanks for sending that out:biggrin:

Aj; That is an odd gauge:D

That guage was designed for Europe. That's why it reads in in/hg. Had to think about it to remember that litle tid bit.

Yes. No more mechanical the moment I went BT it was inline electric pump after that.

Hey man you dont have to make me feel like a giant jackass man :mad::mad: im just trying to be budget friendly. However I can see the irony..... hmm sad:rolleyes:

lmao...

son you have well been here long enough to know better.... cant BS a BS'er....

chances are... cheap TR headers will have cracks anywho...

A.j.

Wiring questions...
1. I`m sure Rich should know this, since he is the one who posted the pic on his site and some others might know... for the '78/79 wiring harness, where is the Relay for the ESC at? fuse box? or do I need to install one? Where do I find one at?

Wish i could help, but I have only owned 82/83 turbo regals. I don't know much about the early TCC other than what I have read. The factory manual contains a lot of info on the turbo motor and is worth getting a copy of. I was suprised by how well they cover everything, but I guess they had to, since it was all new to the shop mechanics.

lmao...

son you have well been here long enough to know better.... cant BS a BS'er....

chances are... cheap TR headers will have cracks anywho...

A.j.

Well thought id try. Got any pistons, intakes, cams??? im gathering parts now so if anyone has any reccomendations or suggestions, PM me or gimme a call.

Wish i could help, but I have only owned 82/83 turbo regals. I don't know much about the early TCC other than what I have read. The factory manual contains a lot of info on the turbo motor and is worth getting a copy of. I was suprised by how well they cover everything, but I guess they had to, since it was all new to the shop mechanics.

Hey any updates???:biggrin: