Random Questions

Well I noticed a leak coming from either the intake or head gasket and it sounds like the water pump or something is knocking around... the timing is off also:mad: Just more time and money that's all:rolleyes:

Well... I set the timing and let it run for about 20 minutes and then I noticed the alternator was REALLY hot and the electric fan went out, it blew a fuse... maybe I need a lower amp alternator? Still some loud noises coming from inside the motor, sounds like maybe a loose rod. I`m getting irritated... nothing is ever easy:mad:

having a large amp alt shouldnt bother anything, its actually better to have a big one. sounds like the voltage regulator in the alt is bad. possibly over charging either that or the bearings are fried and thats where the heats coming from. check the port on the back with a volt meter, see what its kicking out.

as for 8 or 9 inch width, are you talking tires? or axle?

Well I never did find out what was wrong with the alt, used a spare one in the garage and its been doing fine. And the noise was the flywheel... I forgot to tighten it:rolleyes:. I`m talking wheels/tires on a stock rear... I want to buy new wheels/tires(in the future) and was thinking 8" front and 9" rear or 7" front and 8" rear... I will have a GN rear by the time I have the money for them.

hell might as well stuff the widest rear you can... if your going to the GN rear that should make your decision. as for on the old 7.5....... i run an 11" tire on mine, and havent had any problems with "street tires" but a wide set of slicks? gonna pop the spiders or ring.

:eek: 11"... if your running that, than 8-9" will do just fine and I`m just going with street tires for now... thinking 15/275/60 in the rear, 15/235/60 in front using aluminum GN wheels.

Been busy the last few weeks... coming along now:D
1001859f.jpg

1001861z.jpg

1001867w.jpg

1001863l.jpg

Thanks Matt. These are 205-60R15`s... that`s all I could find for used tires. I just found out I`m getting promoted to management, so I guess I`ll just pony up and get new tires:D

Hello, looking for info on A/c evaporators for the early year turbo regals, the parts store carry the wrong evap and Gm dealer is giving me a differnt part# 3039130 that isnt stocked anymore

The evap is for 80 turbo regal LC8, the problem is the evaporator that the parts store says works is 1/2 in too thick, anyone run into this problem or have any idea where too track down the right part?