Random Questions

Get some t tops off an 87-88 G body then. They have the locks on them already.

BTW, watching someone get shot isn't cool at all kid. Find the low rider you used to have. That was kinda cool. The shooting thing isn't.

alright your the boss.... and Ill look around. I knew that some of the Grand nationals and turbo Ts had them, but never the Other G-bodys. I thought it was an aftermarket replacement.

TTOP assembly

break out is great. Know I have all the parts had to replace frame work have to start from the bottom up! Is their another diagram that shows how it gos back together, part b go's on part a, part c go's next to Part b on part A that why I 'am looking for photos

where does seal strip go anti rattle panels fit best way to install new weather stripping that type of info reading and seeing was always easy for me

TTop w/s reconstruction

Sorry don't mean change the subject but good help is hard to find even if it just information !!!!!! That was an even better break down, really covered w/s.

However not trying to be a pain,but here's where I'am starting from View attachment 121809
been 2years since I redid all the metal work currently building a new shop area just to work on my T, other things may be allowed to park there but pretty much for the T. Just doing light work,refurbishing cleaning till I get some more work done on space, had three inches of ice in the flooring forms from last weeks storm trying to gather intell and stock pyle info for later in the spring. Very thankful for all the help.

Not a pro, known as a geek with skills if I can read it, see it my common sense takes over and what comes out seems to be right :confused:

Sorry don't mean change the subject but good help is hard to find even if it just information !!!!!! That was an even better break down, really covered w/s.

However not trying to be a pain,but here's where I'am starting from View attachment 121809
been 2years since I redid all the metal work currently building a new shop area just to work on my T, other things may be allowed to park there but pretty much for the T. Just doing light work,refurbishing cleaning till I get some more work done on space, had three inches of ice in the flooring forms from last weeks storm trying to gather intell and stock pyle info for later in the spring. Very thankful for all the help.

Not a pro, known as a geek with skills if I can read it, see it my common sense takes over and what comes out seems to be right :confused:

that looks pretty good. Run as much support as you can through the center section because thats the t-top roof weak spot. After awhile it can warp and bend like mine. Ill post some pics of it. Mine is bent in an arch shape.

was warping do to torq or time ? I would think if body bushings are ok you could build a metal frame work to pull t frame works down and straight like a frame puller, could your frame have bent? not that it didn't happen found a NOS frame the other day

maybe A piece of 2x2x1/4 inch tubeing could be mounted inside the center support bar welded in place then an exterior tube attached with bolts thru both tubes. tighten bolts center support will be compressed and straighten between tubes would think bowing is do to compression not tweaking Post your pic 's alway interested in restoration work jon my name by the way:cool:

Is there any way to cap off the coolant port "I" in this picture of the 83' LIM? What could i use?

25510179top.jpg

It's a screw in so you could use a pipe plug but then you won't have a heater. Plus you'd need to plug the one on the water pump as well.

ok yea i got it figured out now, just rtv'd a bolt in place seems to work, did the same for the waterpump also, thanks

It's a screw in so you could use a pipe plug but then you won't have a heater. Plus you'd need to plug the one on the water pump as well.

is there any real modification you can do to the stock intake besides have it hogged out?

this my be a dumb question, but is there a difference between the na fuel pump and the turbo fuel pump?

I had a hard time finding a pump for mine. I think it has to all do with one supply, one return, and one to the carb. I couldnt find one with a return to the tank. Ended up getting a carter one for $60 or something.

There's one HV pump you can get but it doesn't have the return on it. It comes up on evilbay about every 30 days or so.

okay

whats the diffrence between internally balanced and externally balanced

and

on center and off center related to our engines both CT and SFI??