Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban Update

Some great guesses but none has hit the 2 answers I am seeking..

both my answers are GM related.....GM being the key connecting phrase since Buick is GM

Hurst/Delorean both good answers Hurst for doing shifters and motor mounts then combing with Olds to do the Hurst Olds. Delorean claim to fame behind stuffing the 389 into a Tempest/Lemans and presto the GTO was born car he created not such a hit the Delorean outside of the back to the future movie franchise....

back on track the answer I am seeking both names are quite famous bot are related to the GM in some fashion.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO POST 247 AND 248 between both of them nailed it...

Ransom Eli Olds first did the Olds then moved on to create the REO truck which created the Reo SPeedwagon which is also the name of a rock and roll band....I was going to give that clue tonite.

Albert Champion clever Frenchman raced bikes the pedal kind....lst came Champion spark plugs then using his initials AC spark plugs later combined with Delco to be known as AC Delco a product most GM owners know quite well.

End of that history lesson....I need to throw these in from time to time as its difficult to think up turbo regal ones as quick as winners
become known.

Both winners this time can still participate next round since each only got half the answer.

see next post

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I trust readers are learning more useless info than they did before. These are questions I usually use at some of my seminars to keep it interesting.

On a side note We already have just over FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS VALUE in parts donated from various vendors/suppliers/competitors for my Spring Open House...and this is without me donating a single item!

Next trivia contest turbo regal related.

Again you own a Turbo regal don't matter what year but it is stock.

I need the name of the part.

Here are the clues:

For probably 25 plus years or longer this part always had a certain shape/format/design

However, at some point at least on the G body cars the shape was different it is not specific for the Turbo Regals. The function is the same but the shape or design is different.It does lie under the hood area.

What part am I referring to. PLUS what is different about it?

Two part answer

the game begins anew.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm going to guess the radiator cap probably didn't change much over the years. What made it different on some of the G-body cars is that it didn't have the usual tabs on both ends.

BINGO

lst answer post 251 is correct...the correct original radiator cap on our cars lacks the "ears" that basically was on every version of radiator caps for many years prior.

The other unique feature with the radiator cap is the 3 words "MADE IN ENGLAND" My junkyard experience I have found radiator caps made after that looking the same but lacking the 3 words Made in England.

I have no idea why GM had to go to England to get the radiator caps made and why no ears. Just one of those weird unusual things about the G body cars etc from that time period.

We have a good supply of them as none make sit in reproduction and they are long gone from GM.

Having been to Corvettes and Carlisle many times in the past I can tell you some of the early Vette radiator caps can etch $400 or more.

Its one of those critical visual parts under the hood.

So recent winner must step aside on the next question.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Next question on the agenda:

Again remember your answer must match mine regardless how many answers are possible.

Perhaps the best known Turbo-T was the WE4 that Buick introduced. Promoted as being lighter and therefore quicker than a Grand National the idea was to garner more sales for Buick so they could pump out more loaded GNs thus make more money.

I know from experience I always had good luck selling them. Of the 300 plus 1986-1987 Turbo Regals I sold 15 of the WE4s.
It has always been known as a Turbo-T its a shame it never got its own name plate like WE4.

Example when Corvette came out in 2001 with the Z06 it had its own badge denoting ZO6.

I am thinking of another ultra rare GM car that shared the same fate. In other words it also lacked a name plate or badge denoting
the code associated with the car.

I want to know the year and model of the car I am referring to that fits my description from the clues above. It must be the one I am referring to.

contest begins now

denniskirban@yahoo.com