Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Oh, Least.

Engine block heater.

No, wait. Is it most common, or least ?

Most common?

Heavy duty battery.

Last edited:
kirban update

this contest is still looking for the answer to match mine engine block heater is a good guess but not as rare mostly cars that have it its overlooked if its still factory wire tied on the left side up front....

Plus in Minnesota I am pretty sure it was a popular option.....seems one town in Minnesota ranks the coldest every year.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO

We do have a correct answer post 283 which just popped up while I was typing my answer....fixed column when can any readers recall seeing a fixed column in a turbo Regal....

Same rule winner this time has to step back on the next contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Not sure how to word this next contest so it makes sense without giving away the answer.

Here goes:

Again focused on a stock new 1986 or 1987 Turbo Regal. There is an option you could pass on (delete) which got you a few bucks but at the same time you could buy this other related option which on the face of it made no sense.

What am I referring to?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

To answer the question as to what is the code for a fixed steering column. We need someone reading this to respond who has it. It wil be a N code as N34 is the sport wheel N35 is a tilt column so it will start with a N.

Since it is not an option it doesn't show up in my options booklet and in the Production book I can't ID it either. Point being I don't know everything!

My car has a tilt.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO

POST 290 however he is only partially correct if you read my clue the weird option would be ordering was a power antenna and a radio delete...I actually had at least 2 cars with window stickers that verified radio delete and had code for power antennas...

moving along...next contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Astro roof key,spare keys

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm confused or I am totally misunderstanding your "clues".

In your last post you say this particular "option" was the LEAST chosen you've ever seen, 2 or 3 cars, yet in your original query, you say it was an "option" on 90% of the TR's you bought and sold.

How does that work?

Last edited:
I'm confused or I am totally misunderstanding your "clues".

In your last post you say this particular "option" was the LEAST chosen you've ever seen, 2 or 3 cars, yet in your original query, you say it was an "option" on 90% of the TR's you bought and sold.

How does that work?

I clarified it later in another post. Had a loong day today.

BINGO

Post 296 nailed the correct two answers spare keys I guess would also work however I am not sure if that was standard the front license plate bracket usually was in the trunk. The optional hand crank for the astroroof option was in the glove box with a sheet of directions.

Same rules this past winner has to sit out the next contest.

Hope this contest last til tomorrow

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Reminds me when I was in the Army after my year in Vietnam....I got great duty as instructor/teacher at the Induction Center in Philadelphia...giving tests to incoming draftees etc.......

Here goes:

You bought a 1986 or 1987 Turbo Regal in the last dozen years....one cap is most than likely missing from its location under the hood.
What cap am I referring to.

Member answer has to match mine. I base this on cars that passed thru my hands.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

radiator?

I asked about the tilt column because my 86 should have had a straight column (no code ) but has a tilt. Your trivia put me on to it. Thanks Mr. Kirban