Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

radiator?

I asked about the tilt column because my 86 should have had a straight column (no code ) but has a tilt. Your trivia put me on to it. Thanks Mr. Kirban

Good guess but not correct....so what your saying is your car now has a tilt yet originally did not. What code verifies it should have had a straight non tilt column. I think it has to start with the letter N.... Assembly line workers depended on codes on either broadcast sheet etc to determine what option or standard part went into each car.....granted little time was spent lining up body panels and apply a nice paint job was low on the list of jobs.

Hopefully readers are learning something from this thread I started....if nothing else we all know Yugos have a speedo that reads higher than the Turbo Regal.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO POST post 302 who clearly states his answers are never rite oughta play his state lottery tomorrow am...he won this round.
Yes the plastic cap that protects the hot terminal on the back of the alternator is usually long gone. What I don't know is should it be red or black? Red makes more sense and both colors have been use in the past GM cars...

Regardless of what color it is its a critical part.

same rules current winner has to step aside for next contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

That's just it, near as I can tell N33 and N34 are the RPO codes that deal with tilt column or wheel, but my car has only NP5, NA5 and N83. None of which have to do with anything steering related.

Does the absence of the tilt codes mean straight? I don't know.

That's just it, near as I can tell N33 and N34 are the RPO codes that deal with tilt column or wheel, but my car has only NP5, NA5 and N83. None of which have to do with anything steering related.

Does the absence of the tilt codes mean straight? I don't know.

Your last statement may be correct . For example my car has crank windows th code for power windows is A31. In only have 2 A codes on my SPID label and neither refers to crank windows...So granted non tilt and crank windows are not an option however SPID label includes codes for items that are not options example VD6 and VD 7 aluminum bumper supports. Not options but codes exist for them.

So if you were not confused before now you really are confused.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

WE2 was a code you could get on another vehicle but it didn't mean the same thing. Can't remember the specifics though.

Oh and about the odd combo, one guy on here had a radio delete option and concert sound. Bout as odd as the power antenna.

In 1987, the last 10,000 Grand Nationals off the line were titled as Grand Nationals, not Regals. So on those last 10,000 cars, while WE2 shows on the SPID label, it doesn't show up on the window sticker. I know this to be true because my car is one of those last 10K.

@LIVE4RDO removes tilt in his cars and installs fixed columns from what I remember reading

Never actually had it done. Still have the non tilt floor shift column i bought for my WE4. Was supposed to get a non tilt, column shifter column in Burgundy from James, but he never sent it.

BINGO we are going to award post 309 with the correct answer on the WE2 code..he was on the rite track the other model that had a WE2 code on the SPID label was the new 1987 LeSabre T-Type. Buick probably did that to confuse buyers or just could not think up another code.

The LeSabre T-Type enjoyed a 3 year production only done in 4 colors and one option was actually black leather interior. As to value of them today hard to say. I did buy one years ago from the original owner great car took me months to sell it. In the used car world cars have birthdays and every 30 days a car sits can be of concern.

They did get a beautiful full analog gauge unlike the dated antique format our cars got....

I have given it some thought...and decide we will award a special prize to the lst player that hits 15 wins....in other words 15 wins where I recognize your post as the Bingo winner.

I will trust the player that submits the total....and will do it for a second person that hits 15 wins since I started this thread. This gives a small incentive.......GN Rick has a long way to go!

Here is what the prize will be #7751 a $36.95 value a GM licensed Buick Motorsport Seat Armour seat cover. I did a deal with this company that is GM licensed so I have an exclusive right now on about 10 designs mostly GM Ford.

Not sure if anyone has hit 15 wins yet but probably soon.

Next contest:

see next post

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here goes

past winner last contest has gotta pass on this one.

In 1987 its pretty much understood almost all the cars had the ignition switch in the side of the steering column. One car in particular that also had a turbo option in 1987 did not have the ignition switch in the column.

Takes 2 answers

What car am I referring to

Where was the ignition switch located.

Be sure your answer involves both parts in one single post. With prizes at stake answers have to be a dead match to get credit.

game on

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My guess is Volvo 740 wagon, ignition sw. located on dash to the right of column.

I can't tell if it is GM specific porsche 944 turbo had it on dash to right

also the volvo's had it on dash

BINGO post 316 nailed it Turbo Saab model 1987 actually think of those funky Saab cars had ignition switch between the seats on the console.

I actually bought and sold two of them when I was doing the Turbo Regals

Quick story on the one.

I went to look at a BMW this small dealership had for sale. The car I was driving was far nicer so once the guy sale it he said I got something out back I just got it that may interest you. It was a black 1987 Saab Turbo tan gut had high miles on it one owner CEO guy had it was able to garage it at work during the day. This car was show quality even still had leather tag on the seat and retained the leather smell.

It was flawless....I knew nothing about Saabs but was smart enough to recognize a good deal based on condition. I bought it posted it in my weekly monthly Grand News (before my weekly email inner circle). Immediately got a buyer who was a friend of one of my Turbo customers.

A real Saab enthusiast. He did not trust me so he paid a guy to come out that did a 150 point inspection. I never witnessed this before. The guy does inspection at my house noticing the several turbo cars I had sitting. He does his inspection and says I am not supposed to tell the seller my findings only the potential buyer who hired me but he told this car is the best example he had ever seen and the only issue he could find was the cassette player did not work.

Course the guy did buy the Saab.......

Next contest again current past winner gotta step aside next round.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Next contest

I not counted them anyone know how many questions I have posed in this thread so far?

Here goes

When our cars were new it was either Revell or Monogram can;t member which came out with a model of the Grand National. The original packaging created a minor issue.

The issue that it created got eliminated on the next reissue of the popular Grand National model.

What was the issue?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Was it the gold Grand national that said Chevy on the package

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk