Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban Update:

The Yugo question continues to baffle/stump those that are participating...

Bumpers is a good guess....the one feature I have in mind is something Turbo Owners seek to change or replace...so their is another clue.

I can't say much else as it would give the answer.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Too bad no books exist on Yugo to see what bit of info everyone is missing.....

The Yugo question still continues to stump the players...

Here is another clue: The answer you seek is interior related

Re-read the original clues adding the above clue.....email anyone you know who owns one of those prized cars to see if you can figure out the simple answer I am seeking...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

here is another weird fact:

Concerns those that smoke and the Porsche Boxster.....

When the Porsche boxster first came out think it was 1997? again not sure what year was the first they quickly discovered that the angle of the scoops on the side of the car had to be changed....reason is if the owner smoked the ashes etc ended up going into the scoop on the side of the cars.....

At some point not sure what year they altered the angle of the side scoops to eliminate the possible problems.....

Strange but true so I am told by a Porsche expect.....years ago.....

Gauges? . . I know that's one thing that I wish Buick had done a better job with when they made the GN.

Last edited:
temperature gauge, rear window wiper, fold down rear seats, rear window defroster, and reclining bucket seats all standard equipment. lol and a full size spare

BINGO A WINNER!!!! Post 234 the speedo reads to 110 where as the Turbo Buick as did most US produced cars those years only read to 85.

Finally......a winner.....

Granted one would not feel safe at 100 plus mph in a Yugo but cars today that have numbers passed 120 are fairly common heck my every day driver reads to 160. Just gives you some confidence cars are capable of those higher speeds. Especially when you consider the 1987 Turbo Regal notably the GN was the fastest US production car that year....a thorn in the side of every 1987 Corvette owner for sure.

Going forward I will forgo any more questions that involve the lowly Yugo as it appears the Yugo is vastly unknown today.

Same rules winner last round who I know personally must pass on the next question.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here we go:

Again you own a 1986 or 1987 stock Turbo Regal your buddy has a 1984 or 1985 Riviera. Name the option I am thinking of the Riv may have that your car does not have nor was it ever offered.

Answer must agree with my answer.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Low fuel warning light.. Just a guess not sure if its considered an option..

BINGO

Think we just set a record for speed 5 mins? first post #238 nailed it. We used to sell that option as it basically was a lite bulb with a printed circuit attached and all you had to do was pop it in the empty hole for low fuel on your dash. Once they ran out the local company that makes our LED dash lite kit made a similar one that we now sell.

Its pretty well known our fuel guages are not that accurate.

With that said latest winner has to sit out next contest all else can play.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

It's getting tougher for me to come up with questions to ask that give clues yet ones you can't trace thru the internet. This one is automotive related but not Buick related.

It is GM related.

Again your answer must match mine.

Two famous people related to the automotive industry have the distinction of creating two companies based on their name.
One individual the business are parts related.

The other is car and truck related.

Give me their names and names of both companies they are associated with.

In other words its a 4 part answer.....Yugo is not one of them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com