Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

kirban Update

All rite class here is the answer. In quick review remember the big clue was 1930s and 1940s....basically the same part used on most of those cars is on every GNX and every clone GNX including Rick who was nice enough to provide photos yet still could not point out the actual part.

The part itself is not the major part of what the answer is but part of the part. confused....Go back 1930s and 1940s in many cases each fender I guess mostly rears had a welting or rubber lite material between the fenders and the main body to prevent rubbing. The GNX likewise between each fender flare had a similar welting material.....I know because we sell that material. I also know because on some of the GNXs I have sold it would sometimes be pulled out slightly in the bottom corners....

I tried to explain this saying its very visible in GN Ricks photo look at his rear flare you can see it between the flare and body.....

so, the next time you go to a car show and spot a GNX and the GNX owner who thinks he knows everything about his GNX....you can probably pull the same question on him and stump him.....with that bit of knowledge...

I think that question sets a new record for wrong answers....Paulie can research it probably takes up 5 pages...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next question will be easy....all are eligible to play since no one got this one...

.on the plus side GREAT EFFORT PLAYERS.....

kirban Update

All rite class here is the answer. In quick review remember the big clue was 1930s and 1940s....basically the same part used on most of those cars is on every GNX and every clone GNX including Rick who was nice enough to provide photos yet still could not point out the actual part.

The part itself is not the major part of what the answer is but part of the part. confused....Go back 1930s and 1940s in many cases each fender I guess mostly rears had a welting or rubber lite material between the fenders and the main body to prevent rubbing. The GNX likewise between each fender flare had a similar welting material.....I know because we sell that material. I also know because on some of the GNXs I have sold it would sometimes be pulled out slightly in the bottom corners....

I tried to explain this saying its very visible in GN Ricks photo look at his rear flare you can see it between the flare and body.....

so, the next time you go to a car show and spot a GNX and the GNX owner who thinks he knows everything about his GNX....you can probably pull the same question on him and stump him.....with that bit of knowledge...

I think that question sets a new record for wrong answers....Paulie can research it probably takes up 5 pages...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

next question will be easy....all are eligible to play since no one got this one...

Actually Paulie B said, "welting" in post 779. So he wins!!!!

Kirban Update

I owe Paulie an apology I think what happened is I just seen the rivets answer and was typing my response so I did not see it.
Again sorry for this over sight

Paulie nailed it BINGO...

Will try and be more careful

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update

As it has been pointed out yep its true I missed it however, look how many wrong answers got posted along the way. Paulie has nailed quite a few correctly and I tip my hat to him.

Also to GN Rick who gets a A for effort.....

Also to all the players....coming up with questions is getting tougher...

current question is still in play.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

:cool:
kirban Update

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I guessed welting... Ooops. I see that you gave me credit!! I do believe that is # 15 for me. :cool:(y)

So is this question different than post #83??

the brake switch made by GE believe they made original black switch that was a safety recall.

BINGO POST 807 nailed it GE for the brake switch....I figured the class needed an easy one to offset the previous challenge.

Paulie if you indeed hit the magic 15 number email me denniskirban@yahoo.com your name & address will send you a prize different than the last prize....

While post 811 may work issue always is your answer has to match mine this way I got a safety valve if more than one answer works.
Keep in mind I don;t claim to know everything about these cars. I am however well versed on these cars, GTOs, and Hurst. Those are the 3 topics I know pretty well.

see next post for next question.

current winner has to step aside for next question as usual.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update next question

Taking a break from Turbo Regals. Two things go together with cars as a teenager girls/rock and roll.

I am thinking of one group from years ago....the name of the group matches to a GM car model.

Name the group.....and you name the GM car model

game on....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

member answer has to match mine....

kirban update

still no correct answer to match mine...

dan I did get your alternator taking it monday to my buddy to make like new again...

will get it back this week.

again no correct answer yet..that matches mine.

denniskriban@yahoo.com..