Please support me in this year's MS 150!!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Im a little late posting this. The ride is coming up in less than a month and Ive done no fund raising whatsoever. Hopefully some of you guys can help me out. I know the economy sucks but if you can spare a few bucks, the MS Society would sure appreciate it, as would I.

Some background.. Ive been riding this ride for several years. I believe this will be my 4th ride with Eastern NC MS Society and I have done one with the Central NC MS Society. My team, the Selma Cyclepaths are on pace to raise over $1,000,000 total this year since the team was formed 15 years or so ago.

Bonus event to donate for... I will be getting married at the MS150 this year. I am marrying my best friend, Erica Gornick before the ride kicks off on Saturday, Sept 10th. We plan to say our vows about 7:30 in the morning and head out and ride our bikes 100 miles for MS. Afterwards we will be having a small reception at the New Bern convention center. We have Ronnie Shirley of Lizard Lick Towing and All Worked Up fame performing the ceremony. As it stands now, he will be filming our wedding and it will be airing at a later date on one of his two shows. I'll have more details about that afterwards.

[video=youtube_share;ZgOj4OKmk6c]http://youtu.be/ZgOj4OKmk6c[/video]

Ronnie is the guy with the mohawk for those of you that dont watch the show. We live about 2 miles from their office.

So.. even if you think Im an ass (And I am, just ask Erica), all donations go directly to MS. This is a great cause and something that effects a lot more people than most people realize. One of my oldest Buick friends, Conrad Jones has MS so I always look at this event as Im riding for Conrad.

If you can donate, great. If you can't, thanks for reading this. Below is a link to my donation center.

https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/sit...m1&FR_ID=16511&PROXY_ID=2167683&PROXY_TYPE=20

My goal for this year is $1000.00.

Fisrt off CONGRATS!

What a cool and memorable thing to do!

Donation coming!

Thank you bud for all you do and best of luck to both of you!!!

22 days until the ride. Im only at $150.00. Anyone else? Come on guys, help me out.. its for a great cause.

Our wedding cake topper showed up today. After the wedding it is mounted to this piece of quartz which has a light inside and you can display it instead of just tossing it in a box somewhere.

337644_2263011542230_1456722155_3911786_7717164_o.jpg

Still $50 short to even make the minimum donation to ride this year :( Time to start checking the couch for loose change ;)

Come on guys! Please just a couple of bucks from a few dozen people would go a long ways...

Donation

Seems like donations are not going too well ! I have a couple of friends with MS, terrible disease you don't know how each day is going to be ,if you can walk or not . I will promise to match .50 for every doller collected even what has already been received up to the goal of $ 1000. Hopefully this will motivate you guys and girls to shoot open your pocketbooks and wallets and give for a great cause. The self serving part of this is maybe the gods of the turbo v6 will allow me to get my car finished in time to go to Maryland in Sept. Jim Maguire

seems like donations are not going too well ! I have a couple of friends with ms, terrible disease you don't know how each day is going to be ,if you can walk or not . I will promise to match .50 for every doller collected even what has already been received up to the goal of $ 1000. Hopefully this will motivate you guys and girls to shoot open your pocketbooks and wallets and give for a great cause. The self serving part of this is maybe the gods of the turbo v6 will allow me to get my car finished in time to go to maryland in sept. Jim maguire

wow you are the man!

Seems like donations are not going too well ! I have a couple of friends with MS, terrible disease you don't know how each day is going to be ,if you can walk or not . I will promise to match .50 for every doller collected even what has already been received up to the goal of $ 1000. Hopefully this will motivate you guys and girls to shoot open your pocketbooks and wallets and give for a great cause. The self serving part of this is maybe the gods of the turbo v6 will allow me to get my car finished in time to go to Maryland in Sept. Jim Maguire

Thank you, Jim!!! You rock! That was entirely selfless of you! I registered on this forum just so I could come and say thank you personally for donating to Jay's fundraising effort, so THANK YOU! :) Good luck on your car!

~Jay's wife in 4 days,
Erica :)

Just saw this thread. Donated. Great cause to ride for.

Congratulations

:)
Thank you, Jim!!! You rock! That was entirely selfless of you! I registered on this forum just so I could come and say thank you personally for donating to Jay's fundraising effort, so THANK YOU! :) Good luck on your car!

~Jay's wife in 4 days,
Erica :)

Congratulations to both of you on your up-coming wedding. Best wishes, Jim M