Support Me In The 2008 MS-150!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Last year a lot of you guys stepped up to support me in the MS 150 charity bike ride. I've signed up for the 2008 ride and wanted to again call on you guys to help support the cause.

In 2007, I rode a total of 6043 miles training for this ride and some others I did. I also did a ride benefiting esophagus cancer, a ride for brain injury victims and many other worthwhile causes.

For this ride, I had intended to do th double century. I rode 108 miles the first day and woke up the next morning to find it raining cats and dogs. They canceled all the routes that day except for the 30 and most everyone from my team ended up not riding due to the shortened routes.

Here's my ride stats for that day if anyone is interested.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3894866

My team, the Selma Cyclepaths raised a total of $108,261 towards this great cause making us the #1 fundraising team for the Eastern NC MS 150 for the 3rd year in a row.

So.. anyone who would like to make a donation to this great cause, here is a link to my participation center.

https://secure2.convio.net/nmss/site/Donation2?df_id=17700&PROXY_ID=2167683&PROXY_TYPE=20&FR_ID=8760

Finally, Ive attached a photo of my team, the Selma Cyclepaths. If you look really hard, you can find me but Im in the back and sorta hidden.

Thanks again for your support!

Attachments

• SelmaCyclepaths2_compressed.JPG
    SelmaCyclepaths2_compressed.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 378
Good Luck

JayC,
:cool: I am glad to see a fellow TurboBuick member donating his time to such a great cause. My girlfriend and I also participate in the MS 150 (Florida, Miami-Dade to Key Largo:biggrin:) we have done so for the past 4 years. Keep up the good work and like I always say Ride or die.

In what state are you participating?

Im doing the Eastern North Carolina ride. 2 years ago I did the Tour2Tanglewood which was the central NC MS ride.

This is what Ill be riding this year.

Pretty+_amp_+Strong+Bike+001+_800x600_.JPG

you should try the ride down here. Its a really nice ride for the eyes but its a very hot ride the temp is always above 80.

you should try the ride down here. Its a really nice ride for the eyes but its a very hot ride the temp is always above 80.

Whats the date on that ride? I was thinking about trying to squeeze in a Florida ride this year.

:biggrin: Nice bike. I have an Orbea Opal 2006 and my girlfriend has a Giant T-Mobile Like the one used on the tour. The ride down here is on May 3rd and 4th. Should you want to do it let me know, So we can ride together.

By the way how fast do you ride?

:biggrin: Nice bike. I have an Orbea Opal 2006 and my girlfriend has a Giant T-Mobile Like the one used on the tour. The ride down here is on May 3rd and 4th. Should you want to do it let me know, So we can ride together.

By the way how fast do you ride?

We have actual hills here.. I usually average 19-20 on our terrain but Ive been known to average 21+ when the stars line up right. I dont know what I could average on reasonably flat terrain.

I also have a Blue RC6.. thats what I rode last year in the 150. I built this bike because its a little more comfort oriented than the Blue.. I figure I'll use it on longer rides and ride the Blue on anything below 40-50 miles.

P3140020.JPG

Here's a link to the rest of my stable.. sadly all of those bikes have been stripped and either rebuilt on another frame or just sold outright.

My Bikes

Nice bikes. Let me know if you are going to make the ride down here. Good luck with your ride.

I guess I need to bump this up some. Last year this time I had over $1000.00, this year, I have $25.00. Come on, guys.. I know times are tight but make a small charity donation ;)

I just added to your total. I know how you feel. Last year you were the only one to contribute to my Leukemia Lymphoma ride last year. Just a $1 donation from half the people on this site would add up to a nice total.

Good luck on your ride.
David

Thanks for your donation!

I was really hoping to better my fund raising last year but it looks like it's going to be tough going. Be sure to let me know when your ride is this year and Ill reciprocate!!!

We have actual hills here.. I usually average 19-20 on our terrain but Ive been known to average 21+ when the stars line up right. I dont know what I could average on reasonably flat terrain.

I also have a Blue RC6.. thats what I rode last year in the 150. I built this bike because its a little more comfort oriented than the Blue.. I figure I'll use it on longer rides and ride the Blue on anything below 40-50 miles.

P3140020.JPG

Here's a link to the rest of my stable.. sadly all of those bikes have been stripped and either rebuilt on another frame or just sold outright.

My Bikes

flip it.

Okay guys.. this ride is less than 1 month away. I raised $1600 last year, 100% through TurboBuick.Com. This year, $60.00.

Help me out, guys, even if it's just $5.00. Every little bit goes to a great cause!

How far are you riding?

130-200 miles depending on the weather. Ill do 100 the first day for sure then the second day has a 30, 50 or 100 option.

Ive upgraded my ride... I'll be riding this instead.

Stuff+005.JPG

Thanks to everyone that has donated. Its going to a great cause.