Support Me In The 2008 MS-150!

Goal is busted:cool:

Good luck my friend, you are a good man doing this for a good cause!

Jay

How did your ride go this year?

My wife and I raised $1150 for our Leukemia&Lymphoma ride back in July. We had rain and cool temperatures for the first 25-30 miles which killed my wife's cell and almost killed our Digital camera and gave me sore knees. We actually road all 150 miles fairly easily this year. It's amazing what working out at a health club over the winter does. I definitely don't train enough for the ride I probably have ridden less than 1000 miles this year on a heavy mtn. bike with semi-slick tires.

I wish we could afford some nice bikes like you have for the ride, although the larger mtn bike tires are nice when you pass all the skinny tire road bikes fixing flats along the route. I think we passed the same guy 3 or 4 times fixing a flat tire.

David Last

Ive been so covered up with this race car project I havent had a chance to update this.

In a nutshell, I completed the 100 on Saturday and due to a commitment I could not get out of (Grandma's 90th birthday party), I only did the 30 on Sunday so I could get home in time for the party.

I really didnt think I was in that great a shape this year but I guess I was wrong. Ive lost a lot of weight which I guess helped offset the less training mileage over last year. I managed to finish the 100 in just under 5:15, which isnt great but its about 45 minutes faster than last year and I thought I was in much better shape last year. I could have finished it faster but one of the riders I was with really started struggling the last 8 or 9 miles so I slowed down to help get her back.

The 30 was pretty uneventful, more of a social ride than anything else. My computer died on the 30 but I'll post the stats to the 100 as soon as I get a chance.

I did manage to meet my fundraising goal barely.. Id like to do better next year but Im really not sure where to go to try to raise the funds. I thought with 20,000+ members here, Id be able to raise a lot of money and it just didnt work out that way. Hell, even $1.00 from everyone would have been $20,000+. Next year Id like to try to raise $10,000 but I know based off the past couple of years here, that's gonna be tough, especially with the economy going in the toilet.